Eve Concurrent Average Online under 20k now :(

If they merged Second Life and EVE…

:open_mouth:

Hi. you mention the word problem. The current problem with the game is the fact that Eve was once unique, different and the community was vibrant up until the point Hilmar / CCP decided to sell out the community / lose the good will of the community to get to this point on the shameless cash grab, skin, booster, theme park drive per se. It is what it is now so I do not believe there is anything CCP can do now to re-engage the good will of the vibrant community that once was.

1 Like

That vibrant community is now several years older and moved on with their lives. What CCP can do and wants to do, is seeking out more young blood, to create new communities.

People like us are “grandpas” (and I guess we really are older than many around here) who should be sharing knowledge and experience with the young blood, otherwise these communities might not even come into existence.

I, for one, had a blast (heh) in Hek this weekend. Lots of targets, lots of people to talk to. There’s up- and down-swings of course, but they exist everywhere. Destroyed half a billion ISK worth of stuff (tbh it’s two pods and tons of small stuff ^^)_ and plenty of action and chatting with people.

Why can’t you be happy?

1 Like

When will CCP add faction CODE catalyst skins?

CODE. is not a faction of Eve Online.

1 Like

Sure, it’s the highsec faction, with 4 primary subempires.

3 Likes

I agree.

I don’t think that is the main reason. There is a pretty obvious change that took a huge amount of content away from almost all regular players and that is the citadels.

It used to be perfectly possible to do fleets where you got your people together, attacked a POS on Friday evening and when done planed the return for the rei forced timer which was guaranteed to be at this weekend.

That is not possible anymore. As a gamer with a regular life and friends with a regular life it is no longer possible to do that as there are not only more timers, it is highly likely that they are under the week.

It is a freekin video game!! Who are they creating this features for? I really think the designers of those mechanics have completely lost any focus of that this has to make sense as a game with actual people playing it.

Things like this are in my opinion the MAYOR causes of players quitting.

6 Likes

Agreed. For a long time the design of EVE, the timers, the way events are handled, the way dates are scheduled, seems to be operating from the principle “EVE is tough, and we aren’t here to make things convenient or accessible for you. You either shift your life around to fit the requirements of EVE or you’re just not playing the game seriously.”

EVE is a recreation service, in a crowded market, with a ton of free and better designed competition. Yes, it has its’ niche of ‘hard core sandbox’ but that stopped carrying the game about 6 years ago.

EVE shouldn’t go full theme park, but if it doesn’t start adapting to the current market and being more client-focused then we might as well start filming the ‘EVE Lang Syne’ videos now.

2 Likes

Adjusting the mechanics to something more accessible for regular people has absolutely nothing to do with going themepark. It was possible to have those mechanics in the past it is possible to have them today.

It also has nothing to do with the current market. The people mauy have changed slightly, but the main reason in my opinion is the game that changed.

That’s right. Eve online stands above other games and the game industry. These things mean nothing in the face of this masterpiece.

All jokes aside, I’m pretty sure gamers have other options when it comes to choosing their hobby. Eve has competitors. It also doesn’t offer very much; even if it is a unique blend of features, none of them are done well.

I will agree that the game has changed, though. Mostly for the worse. I don’t agree with anyone on the forums on how it could be better, except for Kezrai.

But there may be hope, yet. I think CCP is handing out very light updates for a few months because they have been working on a more significant update. At least that’s always interesting, because CCP never communicates with it’s customers and the update could be anything.

I was thinking this two (or even three?) years ago. I don’t anymore

1 Like

Hmm, I’d say Eve is a good investment as it still has a strong customer base who don’t have much complaints (hi sec pilots).

Also Eve is still unique and has room for growth.

1 Like

I’ll bet Pearl Abyss got a good deal - I don’t think CCP has been getting the semi-secret bonuses that were contingent on performance.

I don’t think PA bought ccp for eve anyway. They bought ccp for it’s established permissions / access to the potentially lucrative Chinese market. If their move works they could make a huge amount of Yuan.

They’ll keep EvE going - because why not make extra money from something already going - but they’re not dependent on EvE to make payroll, light bills, and stock dividends.

Every EvE player could quit tomorrow and it wouldn’t devastate PA.

The EvE world has changed irl, but the game itself carries on.

Gonna keep having fun in it until the server hamsters are released back into the wilds someday. Just not gonna be under any delusion I have any power in this Korean viking gaming Edoras.

3 Likes

What is there to be happy about? Hilmar / CCP sold the feel good thing that made eve different down the pan for Korean currency and is anybody trying to assert Eve is better with log on for free sp, skins - and all the other candy floss that completely alienates the original core loyal player base as a result of this? CCP got rid of the community team and Falcon doesn’t even appear on the CCP @ list now - if I was at Eve Vegas I would boo Hilmar if he takes the stage and tries to spin the game is in a good place - but he doesn’t care now - cashed out and sold out the community for Korean coin.

The Community Team has been growing again over the last few months.
It’s been mentioned several times, but it’s easy to miss.

I’m not noticing anything you’re saying in your post.
You’re having stuff in your head that’s completely irrelevant to playing.

I’m having a blast!
I don’t know what your problem is!

Wait, I do! It’s you.
Seriously.

You’re doing this to yourself.
Seriously!

You should visit me in Hek for a weekend,
to get a better perspective on what actually matters.

I’ll be around all weekend. Send me a mail with your EVE times,
so I know when I can expect you, and that’s all I need.

Look at your stuff, pick what you care about taking with you and move.

Given the Vegas keynote, how shattered is that hope?

1 Like

People kept saying that CSM folks had been insinuating and hinting that there was going to be ‘something big’ in the keynote. They were clearly talking out of their asses because that keynote was nothing but weak minor changes that no one asked for and a whole heap of disappointment.

3 Likes