Eve Concurrent Average Online under 20k now :(

Well there’s going to be a new capital ship. They said it would be really OP, too. That’s going to solve so many null sec problems, right?

1 Like

Unfortunately it is doublesided argument. Timers sucks, bashing citadels is extremely annoying now, but without timers the defender is denied exactly the same you want. If he plays in different timezone and EVE is unique in a way that it has only one server (usually MMOs have multiple servers divided into world regions) then he will not be able to do fleet, get his people together and defend it.

We blame the game because it is forcing us to shift out time to do stuff, but this game was doing it before as well, just for the defenders.

In my opinion, it is more fair that the defender is to choose the timer. On the other hand, it would be good for the EVE itself if it would be attacker. More things destroyed…

tl’dr there is no good solution that would be fair to everyone, someone will always be in disadvantage because EVE has one server for all players on the world (excluding chinese obv).

2 Likes

The issue is that they replaced both POS and outposts with one generic design. They removed two completely different things and one had zero replacement. I can understand that if you want people to store stuff in the Citadel they need some protection, but why all of the structures, and why no additional restrictions if they are so OP.

I’m thinking about something like this:

• Only one Citadel (Astrahus, Fortizar, Keepstar ) allowed per system. They can have rigs that give system bonuses to the corp members. Usual three layered defenses and asset safety.
  • Rest of the structures have POCO/POS like one reinforce timers but are cheaper to produce.

This way you have the lost POS content somewhat back. You can attack your enemies production and industry facilities within a reasonable timeframe.

The Citadels (Astrahus, Fortizar, Keepstar) on the other hand now have another reason why people want attack it, the system bonuses which basically is a soft form of territorial claim.

As it is now, there is simply citadel spam everywhere and no one cares to attack them, because why would you? You basically have to take vacation for it and there is literally nothing to gain from it. They don’t produce content, they just clog up the overview.

That is just one possibility. Just to demonstrate that there actually are things they could change to make this more interesting again.

3 Likes

Hmm yeah, that souns as a solution that would actually satistfy both attacker and defender. It is up to the structure owners if they take the risk of the additional structures lower safety or they stick to just one.

Unfortunately, CCP will let this, as well as many other good ideas pass them by…

Hellllllllllllo, it’s all been said before. They were told exactly why these ideas were horseshit and why they would kill the game.

2 1 A U G U S T 2 0 1 6

All a waste of time and effort. They don’t care. The game is not being made for you anymore. They don’t want people with deep knowledge, they certainly don’t want anyone who knows more than them. The game is being made for Lil Billy hyped to run an abyssal because he’s gonna get a big drop tonight and be flush enough to buy that new store skin.

1 Like

Its not the size of your concurrent Average that matters, its how you use it!

1 Like

Not sure I asked you already …

Are you going to be active next week,
during the 100% lootdrops event?

No, my 4k display died and I can’t gank with just the full HD one. At least not with my usual miner ganking setup.

Could probably just join a fleet, but I’m not really a fan of that because of the seemingly random bans if you kill the wrong freighter. And not even sure if that is still a thing given the most recent nerf to bumping.

What happened to good old solo ganking?

:roll_eyes:

I’m having fun killing people.

I’m quite glad I got rid of the imaginary issues
that aren’t actually affecting my game at all.

I shoot people, I talk to people,
I talk to people I shoot!

:smiley:

Well the defect 4k display isn’t really an imaginary issue :sweat_smile:

Still a bit fed up with the game though. Give it another 0.5-1 year and I will probably be back (if suicide ganking and EVE still exists).

im not an economist, but im sure you will deflate the plex price if you spent 20 bucks on it. generating new ones instead on generating more ISK.

:smiley: Oops, yeah, no. :smiley:

It will. Don’t worry about it. :slight_smile:

You might be having a blast in the ever diminishing game - it’s not my place to comment on individual experiences within a sandbox environment. My point in this thread has always been per se that the concurrent numbers speak for themselves. CCP have ultimately pissed the community good will and feel good factor the game once had for skins, boosters, free sp, Halloween horrors and shameless cash grabs now et al. Logging on for a weekend and having fun doesn’t detract from the mis-management and scant regard CCP upper management have had over the last 4 years leaching the milk from a fast souring udder. I said previously, if I was at Eve Vegas i’d boo if Hilmar took the stage and tried to preach that the game was in a good place - has anything happened in Vegas that hasn’t confirmed that CCP upper management really don’t care about anything other than the milk from the souring udder? Please enlighten me if you have optimism for the future of this game, I see on reddit that CCP are advertising for developers for another exciting new project - guess this is yet again more Eve sub cash down the pan on projects that might never see the light of day - amen, CCP Upper Management - thank you for your direction, leadership and the path of light.

8 Likes

Sour milk is easier to digest.
True story.

You putting forth a bosom the community can suckle on? Until one has tasted the nectar one offers, it is open to debate whether it is sour or not, and palates differ of course. True story.

TLDR: 2 big expansions per year keeped game fresh, players numbers, excitement and game advertising

No one talks about that players number start to drop when they resign from 2x per year expansion cycle :thinking:
You can all talk about bots, scams, ganking, blue donut etc but it all really dont matter for most of players to keep them on, eve always have some problems like every game but that expansion cycle makes everything different. We got really big updates 2x per year, players talk about it, they wait for it, we got with every expansion big changes in gameplay, graphics, new stuff etc There was info in internet about new eve expansion, people wanted to try it and when You are vet You have always something fresh, something new, changing meta and You feel that investing in game is worth because devs are investing in it.

What CCP say when they try to excuse resigning from expansions? That they now will bring better not rushed content… Yeah now we know it was lie. It was only because they don’t want to invest in game and work hard instead of walking in office and drinking coffe… They go the easy way, bring alpha, skins and injectors (cancer). I would love to invest in eve more, play it and recomend others but i can’t know when i see they laziness (and whole game industry goes that way).

You see the EVE has serious troubles when they giving You 10k skillpoints for killing 1(!) NPC…

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s actually intended to help new characters advance faster in the game, right?

Course new players don’t really have the knowledge or ISK to properly advance a new character very quickly. Granted older established players have plenty of knowledge and ISK to quickly build up new characters just by doing the daily log-ins but it’s still intended to help new players.

I don’t know, maybe CCP could also add in an ISK payment along with the SP reward but have it only available for new IP accounts. That might be a way to keep older established players from taking advantage of the system.

Skill Injectors are not a bad thing. As a newbro, if I had to wait months until I would be able to fly something nice I would give it up long time ago. Leave SI alone, they are not the issue here.

1 Like

You’re right, and Your proposition seems a lot better, giving new players additional SP in tutorial, or even better in some long epic campaign.
Buuut… also is there a sense in all of this? I mean there’re players who just can’t wait and want instant quick play, instant gratification etc Should CCP waste resources on them? I mean You wont change thier behaviors and expectations, and clearly eve isn’t type of game for them so i suppose nothing will work to keep them, it’s just a wasted effort.
Also there’s second group of players who just love to skill slowly to something, wait for it and have that awesome feeling of slow progress, im one of them that’s why even if i don’t play anymore (because im bored of lack big updates; played like more than a 10years ) im interested in eve and have hope that CCP will bring back on track and give a lot new content and upgrade old one.

I also understand that CCP need to improve UI and first minutes, hours of game ASAP but it won’t magically drop down retention from 90% to 50%. I think 10-30% less retention is possible but with big changes to UI, more cinematic feel, interacting with characters (those new demo on which NPC videos shows) and giving long epic campaign that will teach players and show them that big interesting universe.

TLDR: Eve is niche game and there’s no sense in trying to keep all new players because more of them wont want to play no matter what. Focus more on target group.

2 Likes