EvE needs alphas and alphas need level 4 missions

Given the number of times you have bragged about your (obviously imaginary) talents as a game designer it’s pretty obvious that you do care. You’re begging for adoration and respect, you’re just a talentless furry “developer” who can only whine and make excuses when anyone starts to ask questions instead of praising you.

Btw, i think this is absolutely hilarious and by no means consider it an insult.

That’s good, I’d hate to think that you’re feeling ashamed of your kink. You’d have much less fun with stinky cat dude if you did.

Well that’s some impressively delusional paranoia. Are you wearing a tinfoil hat? Do you have one of those wall boards full of newspaper clippings and threads connecting them?

I don’t care about your attention, I care about pointing out how utterly stupid your ideas are so some poor newbie doesn’t read the thread and believe your lies. After all, the poor newbie doesn’t understand the history of EVE yet, hasn’t seen all of your other posts to know how blatantly you’re lying, etc.

Let me be clear about this, as i am 90% sure your a ccp pleab.

Uh, right. The person saying “CCP you suck, get this F2P cash shop trash out of the game” in the lottery threads is definitely a CCP alt…

You, and your company will fade into nothingless that it is once quantum tech, or software based replacements for polygon meshing (like Point cloud mapping currently being developed by Euclideon).

Oh look, another person who doesn’t understand the difference between a tech demo and a real game. For someone who is supposedly a “prodigy game developer” and an authority CCP needs to take advice from you sure do make a lot of idiotic posts that demonstrate a superficial level of understanding on par with someone who has maybe read a magazine article or two about the upcoming Call of Battlefield game.

(Hint: the impressive part of EVE’s massive battles is not the underlying hardware, it’s the player organization required to create them. And nobody gives a **** about the difference between rendering methods for graphics.)

Um.

No.

Yes, we already figured that out about you.

You continue to go on and on with this nonsense. I dont think one person has agreed with you, liked any of your posts or likes you in general. Yet I post once about you and get many likes. I would say majority has spoken and you need a time out.

It did take days for you to respond, did you get banned from the forums for a spell?

I call on all forum goers to report Naari_Naarian. Let’s get this stain off our forums.

Let’s be clear about this, Naari is a troll and a liar and there is no real point in attempting to have a discussion with them. So I’m not going to bother. But what I am going to do is use their post as an example of how to identify a fraud, which may be useful to other people reading this thread.

Aside from being a pretty hilariously bad argument* this is also a very dishonest one. Note how Naari blatantly ignores the context of the quoted statement: me pointing out the absurdity of their claim that I am a CCP alt, given my extremely harsh criticism of CCP’s recent actions. Even if I am wrong about the virtues of the F2P cash shop that doesn’t negate the fact that I have been openly hostile towards CCP, something that would not be the case if I was an alt and apologist for CCP. But rather than admit defeat Naari simply ignores the previous exchange.

*Cash shops are great for business but are inherently bad design, and the business model as a whole emphasizes creating disposable low-quality games as fast as possible to exploit the whales in the brief time before the game dies and is replaced by the next cash shop game.

And here we have lots of signs of a fraud:

1) Style over substance. Note how their posts are heavy on posturing and self-promotion and name-dropping “interesting” technology but extremely light on anything of substance. For example, no explanation whatsoever is given to how quantum CPUs are a threat to EVE/CCP (rather than CCP just buying the newest quantum hardware if/when it is released), or how a new voxel-based rendering engine is a threat to a game that has never used cutting-edge graphics as a selling point. You’re supposed to just read the impressive sounding technical references and assume that Naari knows what they’re talking about, but if you pay attention to the substance you realize there’s nothing there beyond the level of a superficial magazine article.

2) Lack of system-level understanding See that claim about how CCP will “fade into nothingness” once quantum computing becomes commercially viable? Do you see any system-level analysis about whether a game like EVE is even the kind of computing problem where quantum hardware provides a meaningful advantage? Any understanding of whether EVE’s performance limitations are constrained by CPU power or by other factors? For example, even having infinite CPU instructions per second doesn’t help much if your constraint is the relatively slow speed of interfacing with RAM (or, god help you, hard disks). It just means the CPU spends more time sitting idle while waiting for other hardware. A genuine expert in the field understands these issues and looks at the big picture of entire systems, not superficially interesting technology that makes entertaining magazine articles. But Naari has no understanding beyond “QUANTUM IS GOOD”, one tiny piece of a very large and complicated puzzle.

3) Just plain ignorance. Some of Naari’s claims here are simply laughable. For example, citing the ability to use GPU processing in the context of server limitations, claiming that quantum CPUs are “not that far off” in any meaningful sense relative to CCP’s business planning in 2020, or simultaneously claiming that massive fleet battles are a major selling point (such that other games going past 10,000 players will ruin EVE) and also the thing that is killing EVE because nobody is interested in it.

Naari, old friend…have you forgotten about your new-player-exploitation scam corp, or do you hope everyone else forgets about it? You have some nerve saying other people have bad character, are scammers, etc. If eve needs alphas is subject to debate, that alphas should steer clear of people like you is certain:

:facepalm:

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting