EvE needs alphas and alphas need level 4 missions

it’s the same ole gimme free shite brigade. demanding more free shite or they’ll leave, slowly :wink: lol

gotta add, have no issue with alphas, game needs them, but there’s gotta be a point they start paying.

It’s not about affording $15 or less per month. It’s about receiving value for the money. It’s about having other places to spend leisure time/recreation dollars that give a better return. It’s about crafting a game that’s engaging, instead of dabbling in it a bit to see if it’s even worth playing.

EVE’s paying players made their choices clear from 2013 on - there were better places to spend their time and their money than in EVE, so they left. By the tens of thousands.

EVE’s competition made their choices clear from about 2006 and forward, when more and more games began to go F2P and actually made more money by doing so.

EVE and CCP kept the old monetization models, the old game code, the old engine, and instead wasted EVE’s sub money on attempt after attempt to create ‘the next product’ rather than improve their existing one.

EVE has also kept a lot of the old players, those who don’t want change and can’t accept change. It’s a formula for failure in the not-very-long-run, but that apparently doesn’t keep people from attempting to deny all the lessons the industry has learned in the last 15 years and declare “Subs and Jetcans forevah!” as the solution to EVE’s problems.

@Desaliss_Edin

[quote=“Desaliss_Edin, post:1, topic:202665”]
The more i see that has changed in the year i was away, the more i feel this game is getting worse. [/quote]

lol … another “i want you to give me more free stuff because i have no idea but i dont care and want free stuff or EVE is dead.” guy

JuuR

F2P players are like locusts, they swarm from MMO to MMO, leaving nothing but a rotting carcass in their wake. Of those who do stick with a particular MMO, they will ask for more and more and more free stuff, and no matter what you give them, it will NEVER be enough.

It’s the same as carebears asking for Just One More Nerf™ to ganking, it will never be enough for them, and they won’t stop whining until EVE is 100% safe and boring.

F2P players should be ignored, and where appropriate, derided. Get a job and put your money into the game if you want to demand anything.

6 Likes

bollox, the game is well worth 15 bucks a month.

name them. i’m not aware of a single game out there that is anything like EVE.

nothing wrong with it, still works very well for WOW. you going to say being like everyone else is the win button :eyes: come on, you know better than that. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

They don’t seem to get that we want them to leave :slight_smile:

1 Like

just the ones that whine like feckers all the time, i know i want some of them to stick it out and sub up.

like i said, alphas are needed and we do want most of them to sub up.

it’s pretty stupid to get free stuff then expect to be able to complain about it and in the same breath demand more lol, away with their madness.

Of course it is. I spent $15 on lunch today without even thinking about it, because $15 is not that much money. So why should I care about value per money or whatever? It’s not worth my time to think about it, I throw that token $15/month at EVE just for the SP even when I’m not actively playing. If you’re even bothering to consider whether EVE is worth $15/month it’s an implicit statement that you can’t afford it.

EVE’s competition made their choices clear from about 2006 and forward, when more and more games began to go F2P and actually made more money by doing so.

EVE’s competition also moved to a business model of shoveling out garbage products to milk the F2P cash cow as efficiently as possible before they move on to the next garbage. F2P is a death sentence to quality gameplay and moving to that business model would mean cashing in on EVE’s past glory in exchange for a short-term revenue spike followed by near-inevitable bankruptcy.

1 Like

Dear,dear OP
Alphas CAN do lvl 4 missions…they just cannot accept lvl 4 missions. Perhaps you know that and you know CCP removed alphas being able to accept lvl 4 missions solo in order to reduce at least botting yet want it anyway? hmm…

Alphas can fly battleships, including faction battleships…and alphas can use up to t2 medium guns and large faction guns which now can use t2 ammo…and you can still blitz lvl 3s…what more do you want?

Get friends, figure out how to do what you want with just a small amount of effort, or simply leave EvE. IMO alphas are welcome (hopefully becoming Omegas), whingers and leeches are not.

If you want this changebac in order to botfarm missions, then I am glad they foiled that some.

1 Like

There’s a lot of narrow-minded thinking going on here, which is par for the course for CCP and a certain sub-group of it’s players I guess. The facts speak louder than a few opinions.

Eve is well worth $15 a month” - well, to you, sure. EVE’s player numbers show that for tens and hundreds of thousands of players, EVE stopped being worth $15 a month many years ago.

EVE has no competition” - well, yeah, if you define “EVE’s competition” to be “other games just like EVE”. EVE’s actual competition is every single thing that vies for a persons leisure (and even idle work) time. Mobile games, browser games, MMOs, Facebook… they are all competing for anybody’s most valuable asset - their time.

I spend $15 like nothing” - I’m happy for you, but unless you plan to sign up for 10,000 accounts and sub them all, your spending choices are irrelevant. The spending patterns of the majority of gamers are what counts for an MMO, and those spending patterns changed years ago. You can buy all the buggy-whips you like, but that won’t make buggies popular again.

EVE’s competition is shoveling out garbage products” - And yet, there are space MMOs, survival MMOs, fantasy MMOs all out there, many that have been out for 10+ years and are doing just as well if not better than EVE. I play quite a few other games that put out regular updates, add new items, expand the game world, all on a regular basis. From my point of view, it’s CCP that’s been shoveling a couple spadefuls of garbage out the door every year and calling them “major updates”.

That would be tolerable if it was only me feeling that way. Unfortunately the numbers over the past 5 years show that more than half of all EVE’s paying customers agree with me.

Then do level 3 missions…

-Helpful Gadget

4 Likes

It did quite well actually. Alpha status should be eradicated from the game.

2 Likes

Good riddance.

1 Like

And somehow the solution to them no longer paying $15/month is to give those players EVE for free?

I spend $15 like nothing ” - I’m happy for you, but unless you plan to sign up for 10,000 accounts and sub them all, your spending choices are irrelevant.

I’m not the only one spending $15/month on EVE, so the buying habits of people like me are very relevant. And it doesn’t matter what the spending habits of “most gamers” are if the F2P business model required to attract those customers would kill EVE and its existing customer base.

EVE’s competition is shoveling out garbage products ” - And yet, there are space MMOs, survival MMOs, fantasy MMOs all out there, many that have been out for 10+ years and are doing just as well if not better than EVE.

{citation needed}

Could you name some of those successful games? Because the sad truth here is that F2P almost inevitably means utter trash because the mechanics necessary to support a F2P business model directly conflict with the goal of making a fun and interesting game.

1 Like

Solution was posted in my first and second replies. You should try reading the threads you’re being aggressively wrong in.

The sub model was already killing EVE. From the beginning of 2014 to late 2016, EVE lost half of it’s player base in only 3 years - and the process was accelerating. Alpha Clones masked that decline for a few years, but it’s already back to losing players again.

I won’t bother pointing out the research showing F2P earns over 5x as much as P2P, or that there are only a few games left that are sub-only (and EVE isn’t in the same league as any of those), or the fact that the vast majority of the market has gone F2P because they earn more money and retain more players that way - you’re obviously not here to debate the facts.

The sub-only model was killing EVE - the historical data is clear on that. Well, technically, the sub model plus the fact that CCP doesn’t know crap about game design and can no longer successfully program their own game. People have been leaving EVE steadily for over 6 years now to play those F2P games that you claim are “inevitably utter trash”.

When your opinions conflict with reality, it’s time to start updating your opinions.

Edit: I should point out that F2P doesn’t necessarily earn more. F2P done correctly, by companies who understand their player base and their marketing strategy, and can update their game accordingly, earns more. F2P in CCP’s hands has simply been a delaying tactic while they continue to flounder around making changes hoping something will work.

What Eve needs is subscriptions. Alphas clones should suck and just give you a taster of the game. I’ve been paying a sub for 10 years.

4 Likes

“Add more cash shop garbage” is not a solution.

{citation needed}

Do you have any evidence that the cause of EVE’s decline was the subscription business model and not the various gameplay issues that people have been frustrated with? Or is this just idle speculation from you?

I won’t bother pointing out the research showing F2P earns over 5x as much as P2P, or that there are only a few games left that are sub-only (and EVE isn’t in the same league as any of those), or the fact that the vast majority of the market has gone F2P because they earn more money and retain more players that way - you’re obviously not here to debate the facts.

Selling drugs is also a profitable business, but I don’t think anyone would claim that meth is a good product that people should buy. And TBH it’s a pretty relevant comparison given the way that F2P loot crate mechanics exploit gambling addicts.

3 Likes

Pretty much the whole gaming industry moved away from this model…what more proof do you need?

Apparently you don’t know how cause and effect work.

Apparently you don’t know how reality works.