Eve needs an UI-facelift?

its not funtional to me and my needs, its quite buggy(!) awkward & old.
if its not functional to me and my needs, then the ui is not “fully funtional” as you claim it to be.

it is also wrong of you to say:
“people who have made a good ui should have ease to share it”
the correct sentence is:
“people who move the ingame windows around in a good way”
if you use the correct sentence, it becomes quite clear that the UI is not that good.

It would NOT be a waste of CCP resources to apply a modular highley customizable ui overlay - that the community can further develop
Its going to happen, sooner or later, and i would like to see it sooner.

And if the new ui is the way me and others have asked for… you can be sure that someone out there in the community will make the “new ui” look as “older style” ui, perhaps even back to the ui of 2003.
(i am sure, as ccp Hellmar have said, CCP is now in the works of renewing alot of EVE and that includes renewing the very awkward ui.)

What would you like to modify about the UI that you cannot do right now?

Edit: Nevermind. I see that you already mentioned some in your opening post:

• transparancy 0
  • buff location
  • UI messed up when changing EVE window size

I feel like CCP could easily change transparancy settings to allow 0 to be actually 0. I’m surprised it isn’t.

About the buff location: I feel like the buffs/debuffs are at the perfect spot right above your capacitor and ship health information and close to where your modules are. It keeps all the vital information in one place for the least amount of ‘eye movement’. It would be nice if CCP gave us the freedom to place these wherever we want, but I’d put it right back where it is now if given that choice.

Both of these don’t feel like they require an entire UI overhaul though. The first one is an easy quick change that could be added to the ‘simple quality of life fixes’ thread. And the second doesn’t really feel necessary to me to be honest.

EVE UI getting messed up when your EVE window changes sizes however sounds like it can be really annoying. Is it possible for you to use ‘fixed window’ mode? I use that and never had this problem myself.

thanks for taking the time to actually read thru it all.

theres alot of “quality of life” improvments to be made to the ui.
eg. the fleet finder window is the same one as your fleet window - making re-size a must every day for everyone

i dont keep a list of the issues, the things i listed where just on top of my mind with this old ui, but a tiny list of ui fixes can be read in latest patch notes. those fixes would not even be on my list… soo

in a way im sure that the best for both players,ccp resourcing and new player base, is to just redesign the entire ui, making a complete overhaul of a 17 year old system… instead of putting out fires here and there.

it might be “nice” for the diehard eve players to be able to get an edge over others simply by having a deep knowledge of this flawed ui… but its not something that is good for anyone in the long run.

ps. diehard knowledge = cloaky ships can be tracked even if they enable a cloak, with the “orbit 500m” command instead of approch command. GG ui… no overhaul needed.
i guess that gate camp was more then lycky to decloak you

Just wondering, why do you need to re-size your fleet window every day? My fleet window is smaller than the one in your screenshot and I haven’t had to change size to find the right fleets in ages.

im in a corp /alliance i have access to around 15 fleets and i need to resize the window so i can read name and desciptions of all

I use the scroll function for that, no need to see all at the same time.
And I guess I never see descriptions, but fleet name and owner is all I’m using. Small price to pay for a smaller fleet window. :stuck_out_tongue:

well, having a way to re-arrange the collums order would be awsome, so that i can see fleet name first…
but i guess if i mimimize boss and boss location i can see the fleet names, but all of the above could also land me in a fake fleet… And that just seems flawed to me.

Don’t minimise boss. Anyone can set a fake fleet name or description, they can’t fake the name of the boss. Boss ocation, amount of members and description are all optional and often empty, but with the combination of ‘name of boss’ and ‘fleet name’ you’ll always get the right fleet.

yup… so im forced into the daily “re-size” the eve windows mini-game :confused:

Re-size fleet once, never re-size it again?

i dont understand how you mean… “find fleet” window is the same as fleet window
(once you’ve joined a fleet)

or are they separateble?

anyhoow…
i’ve just lost 2b+ becouse of this flawed ui… Gila | Hug Motsu | Killmail | zKillboard
EVE UI was locked!
i could not do anything, it was like i was stuck between my eve-window and my microsoft Windows
i just hope the logs show that something was bugged out so i get it all back, and i also hope i get all things back since the loss was in abyssal space… but the jury still out on this loss.

ps. nope, didnt get my ship back, apperently the eve logs dont show ui hangs. zzz

they’ve mentioned several times, what happens in abyssal, stays in abyssal… I don’t think i’ve seen where they’ve reimbursed someone losing a ship in abyssal space.

this eve ui needs to get into the year 2020…

They’re the same window indeed. And I use both of them at the same (small) size.
I find my fleets with ‘fleet name’ and ‘fleet boss’ and I don’t need to readjust the size either for the fleet window as I can see all broadcasts/loot/whatever.

In the rare case that I want to read all info of all available fleets I could resize the fleet window, but that’s not something I would do on a daily basis. Once a year, more likely.

Agreed!

And that red dot fiasco just sums it all up. It’s like a constant reminder every time we move something that CCP doesn’t care about UI design and doesn’t listen to UI-related feedback.

i actually find the red dot somewhat good… but yeah, CCP should have done a on/off switch for it!

yup… the latest ui flaw i found out today, a market listing bug, i spent 75m on the wrong item!
the market details showed one item and the actual market listings was tied to another item!

a related bug can be reproduced by selecting multiple items and then “show market details” and the market details and market listings differs (both being tied to whatever items you selected thou)… but this time, it happend just by double clicking “=show market details” from my buy-orders, so its getting worse and worse…

CCPLS… rip eve 1989 ui
and bring in ui 2020(that can be modded to look like 1989eve ui)

ps. ccpls, stop putting out all the fires and just re-build it flame-retardant, this is just silly.

That doesn’t sound like a UI bug to me to be honest.

More like a market bug.

everything that gives the player information and/or stuff the player can interact with is apart of the user interface?
… pretty much the only thing not apart of the ui is the eve background and objects in space?

His point was that the issue was not in the frontend code (UI, the stuff that displays you things) but the backend of it (the stuff that feeds things to display in the first place). UI could have displayed received object correctly (therefore WAI) it’s just the object to display could be generated wrongfully by the server - for example having listing data of one item, but linking to different item instead.

im no coder so i dont know anything about that, but i guess the error could be in both the front end and the back end - depending on how you view the problem/solution.
if i have a list of items marked and press “view market details” the entire list get parsed into eve market, and the market list change 1 by 1… now the market view shows the last item in that list, and the market details get stuck on second last…
the fix is likley to be in the front end system… ? all that is missing in the front parse is a last “enter” command…

anyways… im tired of the garbage eve ui.
i mean, it is really good and thoughtfull… and it has lasted for 20years…
but NOW its all spaghetti and garbage, for todays standards it dosnt hold up…