EVE Online: Into The Abyss - Known Issues & Reporting

There’s a 60-second invulnerability timer (until you move or issue a command) and a 30-second Abyssal pocket timer that prevents you from activating a new filament.

1 Like

Are you that dumb?

2 Likes

Well, my one command would be to transfer cargo. Then they can waste their time trying to gank me all they want…

1 Like

your ship will probably be worth more than the loot thou unfortunately.

where the hell did al lthe sigs disapear too ? null sec is empty, buggy as hell. 3 Sigs in 20 jumps in syndi…

4 Likes

Just have an alt in a brick tanked Orca wait for you at the the trace, unload your cargo and your expensive fit into it.

2 Likes

they will just kill the orca?

2 Likes

I’d also only use a filament in a 1.0 rookie system for damn near instant Concord response time…

1 Like

“Ganking” would usually refer to Highsec, right? In every other part of the game it is just PVP. For Highsec: that is going to be pricey for the ganker in most cases if even possible. In every other part of space: yes, there should not be any way to rat in absolutely safety. Ever. Abyssal Deadspace currently has a load of problems in that regard.

Also no. Because there are already so many ways for carebears to avoid PVP in lower security areas, the most feasible way to engage them is instalock-gatecamps. This is (for me) extremely boring, but sadly the only way to force them into PVP. That’s not an AD problem, that’s a general mechanic problem of the game. The only carebears who get catched outside of gatecamps are the ones who have no experience or the ones too greedy to be reasonable.

It will not be so different for AD. Most people will run it from the safety of Highsec or maybe Dead end Null pockets or critted Wormholes. CCP had any opportunity to introduce and reinforce mechanics that make PVP around these sites possible, interesting for all sites and so on. They did not.

And the same for how to start doing sites. The low droprate of filaments in Data Sites is just an insult to players. It really is. Everyone with half a brain understands that once you start running AD Sites, you keep farming filaments.

Is it really too much to expect from a company that got such an incredibly community to take in the feedback and make sensible decisions? Many people spend a lot of time testing on SiSi and giving feedback to CCP and it just feels like they majorly wasted their time because they trusted CCP to at least be reasonable.

P.S. I use the term “carebears”, but I don’t mean it negatively. If people chose to play the game only for PvE, so be it. However, that doesn’t mean their choice has to mean for other players to leave them alone. Shooting bears is maybe the less interesting form of PvP, but it is certainly a good thing to do.

2 Likes

The only brick is the Abyssal Stasis Webifier that I attempted to improve with a mutaplasmid.

3 Likes

I have a problem concerning the PI. I have two facilities extremely close at the south pole and the new zoom angle prevents me from deleting a link. Any advice?

1 Like

delete whats its linked to and rebuild.

thanks, but don’t want to loose money though

LOL, pop a filament in the middle of an L4 Angel Extravaganza mission, so any would-be gankers get quite a nasty surprise upon finding your entry point…

6 Likes

or a 9/10 :]

OH i never said CCP was trustworthy or even listens to the players

Shame really as the stuff inside the AD is rather good, wanting a fixed entry/exit isn’t gunna happen thou

1 Like

Don’t tell me this is still possible…

CCP listened plenty to us while testing on test server :] the entry/entry will probably take a bit more time.

Still early days.

1 Like

Heh ask them to fix the core problems and my faith would be restored :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first impression is important.

And my first impression is: had I rather spent the last couple of hours doing anything but play this game.

Agreed