EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

Personally, I think that is the best thing about it.

Normally when we get new content, it has already been min/maxed to death on the test server long before it goes live. Then it launches and has been reduced to “read a guide and use this fit”.

This feels new and Gasp FUN

3 Likes

I just poked my nose in one for a few. Got a couple kills but had to run when I got swarmed. No loot, i did not realize salvage was the thing now as it wasn’t before. What kind of value we talking here? Most events outside the norm have proven near worthless in Eve’s recent history. I sure hope they can find a better isk balance with other high sec ventures.

1 Like

So why is it in highsec then?

2 Likes

Yet another annoyance. As a hauler, I now have to check every day and at every trip if there is such a nuisance somewhere in space, which means I have to open the Agency and do additional clicks for no good reason and without any reward.

5 Likes

Why not? Are you annoyed that it’s interfering with your sheltered life in highsec?

1 Like

What “sheltered life” are you referring to?

The 837589026592658972652658 Blood Raider and Guristas FOBs?

Incursions?

859675867 neutrals with unknown intentions?

I am referring to

which is dullsec.

4 Likes

If you just set your route, you can see without opening the agency. Invaded systems show as triangles on the route instead of squares.

If the destination system is invaded, it still shows as a cross as normal, but shows a triglavian symbol in next to it’s name below the route.

4 Likes

I know that. But I have to open the Agency anyway in order to see if it’s worthwhile at all to even set a route.

1 Like

I’ve half suspected for a while that you’re a Grath alt. +1 for that post.

1 Like

Grath Telkin? What does he have to do with this discussion? The OP asked what people think about the Invasion. I voiced my opinions. That you don#t like them is irrelevant.

:rofl: You are so naive. These mid-size fleets do not find the same content anywhere else. In low and null, they will just get blobbed to death on the first gate in titan range of a sufficiently organized group, or they find nothing at all for dozens and dozens of jumps. After one of such fleets, these “mid size fleet guys” will be back in high sec and farm the Trigs. Just like Incursions.

In case you have forgotten, and you definitely have: People want activity and shoot things, not look for the things to shoot and less still get shot to death by the things in an instant, without any reward. What you dream of will not come true.

1 Like

You seem to be too wrapped up in your own angst to understand what I wrote. I said nothing of these kitchen sink invasion fleets moving into null.

I said the experience of being IN them would encourage those new PLAYERS to move into null.

Biggest issue is the ninja salvage destroyers, these players don’t do combat, just warp in on salvage grab it and warp way, if targeted by player or npc they warp.

As for only highsec this is incorrect, a number of invasions have crossed into lowsec, sure the foothold is in highsec, but the rest can go into lowsec. And if the foothold left to pass through server downtime the invasion spreads, so if one were to leave an invasion foothold for a few days it could spill through a complete region, high and lowsec.

3 Likes

The ninja salvagers and their ability to steal all the profit without even so much as going suspect is a huge detriment to the enjoyment of this content.

What about this content for the ninja salvagers? That is a profession that has been neglected, or actively undermined for almost a decade.

I’m not sure what the balance here is - only CCP has the data to estimate how much loot is being recovered by the NPC-killing fleet, and how much is being nicked by thieves, but I kinda think plenty of reward is still finding its way into the hands of those doing the killing.

But as to the OP, I am a little disappointed so far. No sites. No real way to see how your actions are impacting the Invasion. Just some NPCs to shoot and some loot/salvage to ninja. Not much meat on the bones of this expansion. Perhaps if this Invasions escalate and the players have just been good at preventing that will change my opinion, but if we have to wait until Winter until Chapter 2 release to get anything else, I fear this expansion will be a failure once the novelty has worn off.

3 Likes

Besides the point that this is nonsense, many people from null sec come back from there just to participate in these Invasions to find some activity from their barren farmlands. Furthermore, my point has only very little to do with your delusional fantasy. My main point is that the lack of any activity in null sec besides “boring” farming has absolutely no enticing value over the continuous activity in Invasions while farming ISK. People apparently want activity and not boredom. You get that in Incursions or Invasions but not in null sec.

If anything, the Invasion activity discourages people going to null sec because they can get fleet fights and action in manageable sizes without all the downsides of null sec: no blobbing, no or minimal tidi, no smack talk in local, no childish spam in local, no getting insta volleyed off the field, no capitals, no boring structure grinds. All these things are not present in Invasions and make them a much more enjoyable fleet action activity over anything null sec has to offer.

3 Likes

Going to summarize here to make sure I got it…

As a hauler you find invasions annoying.

You say I’m naive for thinking that invasions provide new players with a low barrier of entry to mid sized fleets that expose them to comms, logistics, ect. and that will help move them out of the new player comfort zone into other things (such as null sec or j-space).

You feel My point is nonsense because null sec players are coming to high sec to run invasions.

I’m also delusional and your main point is that null sec is boring.

Finally invasions are much better fleet content than anything null sec has to offer.

I guess it’s safe to say that your feelings on invasions is… complicated.

1 Like

See that right there is what totally breaks immersion, an invading force wouldn’t start their offensive drive in a high security area, they would first start in area’s with the least resistance and after a foothold was established would then expand from there.

3 Likes

I just moved back out of null.

Its boring and no one does small gang anything without cap support anymore.

2 Likes

That is probably correct, but it would depend on the physical resources being chased by the Trigs. It might also depend on the political resources. HiSec after all has Concord and various militias. But it doesn’t have functioning alliances of the scale of Goons etc. So, in terms of immersion, the soft underbelly is arguably as much the lands of the carebears, who are pretty much a rabble, collectively. Not like the tooled-up pirates and reprobates of nul who are more organised?

That said, low would seem the more obvious place to foothold. Unless they start structure bashing and taking out proper stations? That would truly freak out the carebears and stretch their collaboration, if they had no where to dock in-system. Be careful what you wish for, the invasion might yet turn nasty.

2 Likes

Spotted to farmer boy.

Ninja salvagers are just players, too.
If you don’t like them, suicide gank them.

Be sure that you understand that you’re likely also shooting down brave new players who want to make good money and actually feel excited about it.

1 Like