EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

Really unhappy about the nurf to high sec incursions.
You have taken a big stab at one part of the game that brings people and community’s together.
WTM incursions has been helping new players, alpha pilots and alot more enjoy the game and to even get people to buy omega. Now the high sec incursion rate has been affected i dont think we can do that aswell as we used too.
Big shame.

3 Likes

Please provide API access to Invasion information within the next decade. (At least if this stays)

2 Likes

CCP trying to do a nice thing and screwing over everyone, because they have little connection to the playerbase…no??? NEVER

1 Like

I haven’t been on SiSi in a long time, but my understanding is that some of this content was intentionally not on there so it could be released as a “surprise” to the rest of us… clearly the EVE community is not amenable to such surprises and I would not advise doing that again in the future. I mean some surprises are good like those “holidays” when you log in for daily rewards but not a major feature change like this.

I would assume the purpose/end goal of reducing Sansha incursion rates is so that the sum of the two is relatively constant and that the EVE community likes them both enough that they’d be relatively interchangeable in the sense that they would go for the nearest one and not ignore one in favor of the other. I also assume that, should future factions lead incursions into HS/LS, the sum of all the incursion rates would be somewhat constant. This is all fine and dandy, but before you nerf existing incursion rates (ie. Sansha in this case) you really should make sure the new incursions have been polished to the point that the bulk of the EVE community embraces it and that most existing incursion runners won’t shun them in favor of existing incursions. In the short term this means the net sum of incursions is higher than the target constant, but at least you don’t alienate the player base while the new content is getting polished.

4 Likes

In game, I’ve watched a corp die, joined another corp comprised of several friends from the dead corp, and then watched that one die as we slowly got sucked into other stuff (some into faction war, some back into nullsec, me into incursions, others took a break from eve and never came back). I’ve now been the last person to regularly log into comms twice.

Out of game, I’m still regularly in touch with 1 of my highschool friends and 2 of my Marine Corp buddies.

So yeah, even good friends can grow apart. The can move, get married and have kids, get sucked into other activities and social groups. It’s kind of sad, but it seems to be the norm rather than the exception. Life (and game mechanics) sometimes brings people together, and friendships, communities, and cultures spring up as a result. And then after a while, life will pull them back apart.

So to quote my dad, “you’ll find out once you’re older.”

5 Likes

The Incursion change needs to be removed !
This is really killing the game for Incursion runners.

3 Likes

The incursion spawn rate changes are understandable new type of ‘‘incursion’’, so ‘‘spawns’’ spread now between trig and sansha, There will also be more ‘fighting’ between communities which is … content.

but the change is too agressive and flawed.

The problem with there being only one high sec incursion is that once it pops people have no where to go It will be a problem each time. It’s gonna easy for people to troll popping mom’s completly blocking 100’s of people playing we can’t defend against that.
Any smuck with ±40 incursion alts (there are several) can COMPLETLY halt incursion running easily, just doing one single site

Please revert or change the mechanics
or put at least two high sec spawns
Or make that a new spawn immediatly appears when the old one dies?

5 Likes

I agree, the changes have unintended consequences. There are many incursion communities. Some are very strong and aggressive, others are new player friendly. There has always been competition between communities, where the strong could bully others for the “cherry” sites, and the weaker ones would run less desirable sites. Since the re-spawns have reduced in frequency, the new player friendly communities are not able to participate as often because the aggressive communities are running the sweet sites and then running other sites waiting for something good to appear.

A note to people posting: Don’t just say something needs to be changed or something sucks… Give detailed reasons so CCP has something to work with.

4 Likes

No you don’t. Set destination and if trig systems are on your route they are a small upside down triangle.

By your own logic then your own input here on this forum is “neither required nor asked for”. So why don’t you quit attempting to be a troll

1 Like

Found this a few times.

What is is a fleet warp into the mothership in foothold and take it out, once that happens all invasion systems around it die.

These fleet fail to see that if the mothership is left alone, theres more system expansion and more loot, instead of a small high value loot from the mothership.

They seem to fail to remember if an invasion goes through server downtime it expanses into new systems, and thus more loot.

1 Like

@dewk

I didn’t think the World Ark was spawning yet. As far as I know, only the first and last stages of the invasion are currently occurring (Scouts Reported/Conduits Forming and Forces withdrawing). So, is that hearsay, or do you have personal experience or a source?

1 Like

How long will the Invasion last?

What effects will remain once the Invasion is finished?

Will new Abyssal sites with classes of ships emerge?

Will Triglavian combat sites, similar to the normal combats sites begin too appear in the systems?

Will there be Triglavian Escalation sites?

1 Like

Seen it firsthand of a large fleet warp in and kill the mothership/coreship/boss ship, once down everything just disappeared.

1 Like

TBH the changes feel intentional and malicious.

1 Like

Ganker Alert

While engaging in a site at in Rohamaa with 30 plus players and numerous , + 20 Triglavians, at least 10 gankers arrived and began ganking. As soon as they arrived I tried locking them up but was stuck in the infinite “Locking” mode and was then disconnected.

For every single ganker ship that showed up I received a disconnect notification dialogue box on my screen.

Members of the gank squad

I should never receive as many disconnect dialogue pop-ups as there were ganker ships that warped into the site that we were running.

It must be a slow day when gankers need to wh*re kill mails in High Sec.

1 Like

It’s a case of very limited content now with HS incursions, there are several HQ communities in one focus… The site respawn time doesn’t keep up, so they end up sitting around with nothing to do as someone else has already claimed the site.

Chatting will only last so long people need to do stuff together not just be in the same system

2 Likes

It’s pretty clear, actually : he feels nullsec is even more boring than invasions, and that renders your points moot entirely ; and that invasions hinder his activities specific activities. How’s that for a summary ?

Thank you CCP.

Thanks for once again letting your playerbase down with the botched release of fundamentally flawed content (ninja salvage, loot based payout, HiSec pipes disruption…).
Thanks as well for fostering the rage and bitterness of a dedicated community, the same community that was getting hyped the most about this new content, by not only nerfing the availability of their content, but doing so covertly. Great double tap ! (I am still trying to figure out the logic behind nerfing Sansha Incursions as an isk faucet. It is neither a truly significant isk faucet, nor an infinitely scaleable, bot-able activity, and it’s actually group PvE… Compare this to 0.0 cap/super ratting.)

Anyhow. Please consider reverting these changes. For incursion runners, this is a load of crap. Also fixing your new content. As somebody else suggested, lowsec seems way more appropriate for this as it fixes basically all issues : loot protection, check ; pipe disruption consistency, check : playerbase availability, check ; pulling HS players into danger space, check.

10 Likes

Nerfing incursion spawns in such a way is a serious overshoot, in my opinion. I understand the goal to push the new content for Highsec PvE group activities, but crippling some very active, interactive and social groups upset lot of people. The triglavian ‘alternatives’ are much more short-lived and for smaller fleets. For the love of Bob, give us back our gameplay.

7 Likes