EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

ships are players ships. Entities are NPC entities.

1 Like

Iā€™m no lore expert, but I would imagine that Highsec would be considered the most hardened area of New Eden. Like, I refer to them as ā€œthe four major empiresā€ and theyā€™ve never been conquered or evicted since the gameā€™s release (canā€™t speak about past lore though). Of course, I think the nullsec empires are powerful, but a degree less so than the four major empires. And Iā€™m reluctant to make further claims lest a serious lore expert or RPā€™er come tell me Iā€™m stupid, but thereā€™s surely even more to back this up. Like these guys have their own ship lines and mods, which they sell to us capsuleers. They are like the United States, and we are like Saudia Arabia.

Of course, I donā€™t care about lore as much as I care about gameplay and how it affects players.

3 Likes

I guess I should have gone back and read your comments. I thought you were participating in a discussion over whether or not it made sense for the triglavians to invade in highsec or elsewhere. Turns out it was just the person you quoted who was participating in that discussion.

Also, I wasnā€™t the person who flagged your post. I donā€™t really care whether you think Iā€™m a looser or not.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Thanks for seeing it in a logical way.

CCP Please. Make the stupid market trees uncontrollably expanding when checking details OPTIONAL!

5 Likes

Some small feedback:
I like the invasion in terms of combat i do enjoy sitting on a gate/station/ asteroid belt etc and shoot them over and over as they pop in, so far alot of it is not worth the risk vs reward to bother with there is a few ways to make some isk but still not something that is good enough to make me go yay lets do this today.

One of the issueā€™s we have experienced as a half decent sized group is splitting the iskies/loot keeping track of who was in fleet/ how long they where around who deserves what payout % wise on loot + salvage is tedious and for me not a fun experience if i am the one organsieing the pew pew

anywho mainly poped in to say I like many people Donā€™t appreciate the huge nerf to incursion spawns there is alot of players who enjoy running incursions and chilling but with just 1 spawn it is terrible and ive had alot of members of my community reaching out to me with there disappointment in this move by CCP

8 Likes

Triglavians enter anomalies and DED complexes? Itā€™s safe to run them in invaded systems?

1 Like

Try it and let us know?

1 Like

The fleets roam the system they are in, so not sure where they will turn up.
Iā€™m not sure either if tethering is disabled in the system they are invading.
From experience, the couple of citadels I was on didnā€™t tether me.

1 Like

Given the limited knowledge the Trigs have of our space:
I would think the location of an invasion would depend on the numbers of unwanted guests entering Triglavian space -

More abyssal filaments activated in an system the more likely the Triglavians strike back at that system.

Is this stated/implied anywhere by CCP or is this just a hypothesis or empirical observation made by others? Because if this were the case, Iā€™d imagine the tradehubs would be under siege 24/7. I could be wrong but my understanding is that the invasion systems appear randomly within predetermined boundaries (ie. HS/LS)

3 Likes

I canā€™t see Uedama being a major system for abyssal signatures, yet itā€™s already had an invasion on more than one occasion.

2 Likes

Soā€¦ too many times there are zero Invasions during my prime time, has group, no content =(

1 Like

This where it starts to get potentially interesting. Just as an immersion exercise. Uedama does not make sense from a lore perspective, of hitting systems that generate many abyssal signatures. But, it just might make military sense in terms of potentially locking up pipes?

Trigs who use conduits to drop into a pipe could potentially block access to reinforcements. Preventing these reinforcements reaching a major military target, like JIta 4-4? This is also another reason Trigs might be targeting hisec and not low or nul space. There are no cyno reinforcements, no caps in hi, so the idea of @Zane_Chakaid that hisec should be considered ā€œhardenedā€ might not be as real in practice as us carebears might like to think? If Trigs are not bound by ā€œthe rulesā€ of bringing caps into hisec, it could be ā€œgame onā€?

[All of which is what I really really want to see happen !]

1 Like

You have jumped from one reason to another with why Trigs are targeting where in HS.
Truth is no one other than the CCP devs over the event know.
I personally would love to just let the Trig invasions come and go without anyone fighting them and see if they actually spread if not met head on.
CCP wouldnā€™t know what to do if that happened.

2 Likes

No, I have suggested a mechanism whereby different reasons might exist and yet still be linked.

True that.

Apparently not. There is a direct CCP quote that if each Invasion is not met it will eventually just pack up and move on. Sounds a bit boring. The only unknowns are how long that might take or how much damage they might do whilst in possession. But if they donā€™t actually bash structures, who will care in the end?

invasions are a freakin joke!!

really hope it wont stay forever ingameā€¦ just remove em pls!

and make some better stuff, like player vs player smuggling or other good sandbox content!

eve doesnt need more and more boring pve content, if i want this i gonna go back to wow classic (2months till release)

Come hell or high water I am going to WOW Classic when it comes out/

Consequently, I am going to drop one of the three. Either EVE Online, FFXIV or WOW Classic. The only question is which one?

2 Likes

nope, just move it to null sec :rofl:

@CCP_Falcon
Yeah, I have a few criticism of the new content, but nothing is bigger than a lack of access to the content. Please make the invasions last longer.

Sunday Morning: Invasion ends after 30 minutes of running
Monday Morning: Wait for about 2 hours. No invasion. Get in an incursion fleet. Invasion spawns, but I canā€™t leave without killing the fleet (low on logi).
Tuesday Morning: Wait about 3 hours for a spawn, get tired. Decided to catch up on some sleep.
Wednesday Morning: Wait 6 HOURS (not an exaggeration), chill on comms, watch some videos, work on some other stuff, no spawn.

This, together with the incursion spawn rate nerf, is seriously frustrating.

Also, I donā€™t know if you guys are listening or not, but it doesnā€™t feel like it. It feels like this thread was created as nothing more than a pillow for players to scream into.

According to Hoboleaks, it looks like the first of the conduits might show up today. So perhaps invasions will finally start lasting longer, and Iā€™ll actually get to play with the new content.

6 Likes