EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

I originally posted this in the WTM forums, but figured I’d share with everyone.

Ran foothold roaming fleets and conduits with 2 basi’s today (started w/ 4 dps and ended with 6). Efficiency was about 67 mil/hour + LP, but we also started in adjacent and worked up to footholds. 8 conduits spawned in that time, and we were able to do about 6 of them (iirc). New ore spawns in conduits, and they remain closed for about an hour. Mining alts should increase isk efficiency (45% mining laser cycle time and new fancy ores). Ty said that he never saw rats warp back into conduit after it was closed, but I can’t say for certain. Also, Triax brought a polarized BS, and I was able to keep it alive relatively easily. I don’t know if straight glass cannons are the best idea, but we could probably scale back on tank. My only concern is that those rats have most definitely been nerfed once already, and now no leshaks are spawning. Thus, I’m wondering if CCP permanently adjusted the difficulty, temporarily did so, or if it has something to do the invasion stage (in which case we need to figure it out so that we don’t waltz into something that we aren’t prepared for). [Ugh, I forgot to check the stage].

Oh and it’s probably better to roll with local tanks for the time being (although I can’t tell you exactly how strong they need to be). I’m ballparking here, but you probably need 8 DPS in fleet to offset the dps loss of having two pilots fly a pair of basi’s. And yes, this is contrary to my initial assessment where I said that rat damage was too strong for local tanks to handle and that logi was required.

Conduits are similar to FW Plexes in that they only show up on the probe scanner until someone warps to them. After which, they’ll show up on overviews. 3 waves. Kill all rats to trigger the next wave. Mostly frigs and dessies. Recommend killing [Fleet Safety] (1) Anchoring and (2) Starving, then [Fleet Efficiency] (3) Renewing, (4) Tangling, (5) Ghosting, and then free fire on whatever is in optimal as the wave is no longer poses any sort of risk and has lost most of it’s repping power so they melt fast. Isk & LP payout, plus salvage. We were able to tear through the rats in short order, but you can’t farm them like incursion sites as no new conduits will spawn for about an hour.

Of course it will depend on the prices that loot and salvage settles at, and it will certainly require more effort (spreadsheeting, hauling, mining, scanning, salvaging, traveling, etcetera), but I’d imagine that a better FC than me can get efficiency up to 100/mil an hour with what’s currently spawning, and hopefully even higher with major conduits and whatnot. So… I’m not exactly happy with CCP for nerfing the incursion spawn rate. I mean, I would rather be running this content because I wanted to, and not because I had to, but I think we can do okay with these. So, we’ll see what happens as the content escalates.

NPC%20Fleet%20Damage%20Profile
[And for those that don’t know, HAC’s and T3’s are currently good choices (good tank, dps, damage application, and travel speed), but I’ve seen people out in everything from a solo kiting Orthrus to small kitchen sink gangs with t1 battleships and battlecruisers. Also, prior to the rat nerf, I used spreadsheet wizardry (first through scanning rat fleets, and then through my damage log) to derive the trig rat fleets’ damage profile. Of course, I don’t know if that still holds true because the liminals were changed, and rat fleet compositions have apparently been adjusted.]

6 Likes

At least until there’s an actual response by CCP. I figured they’d take a few days to respond to feedback but honestly at this point I agree with another post here that said “I think this feedback thread is just a pillow for players to scream their frustrations into.” I’m thinking CCP has decided they’re not even going to respond to feedback because they spent months working on this and aren’t going to change their plans just because the forums don’t like it.

The forums allow you to filter for CSM posts. There’s basically just 2 people on the CSM who actually use the forums. The reason no CSM have posted here is because they never actually post to begin with.

4 Likes

I haven’t gone through all the candidates yet, but at least Cornak Firefist and Liz Lizardbreath are running as community candidates for CSM 14. So, consider voting for them or another community candidate.

Shame about Brisc. I know the wormholers hated him, but that guy was omnipresent on the forums and would actually respond to people.

2 Likes

It does and that is possible, however that still means fewer people can play one of the best PVE parts of the game. The best because it gives social aspects (most important) and reasonable isk/hour (but less than supers or carrier ratting). While ganking will reduce the number of people there it is still removing content from people that as of a week ago didn’t have this problem

1 Like

What type of LP are you getting from these sites?

1 Like

Ded. There are Ded stations with LP stores shown under station services, but they’re not on Fuzzworks yet. Don’t yet know what the sell. Don’t know if you can convert the LP to another faction.

Check this site for the nearest station. Also, if you do go check, let me know what you find.

1 Like

With the final stage of Wardec Mechanics revamp - the introduction of the War HQ we finally see that after years of waiting, posting, rants, complaints…we have come full circle. HS Wars has taken three steps forward these past few months, then quite promptly took two steps right back. And all thanks to the utter ridiculousness of Hisec Citadel RF mechanics.

If there was a small alliance/corp with structure or two, and they’re decced by the usual suspects, (Marmite, PIRAT et al), even if they could muster an attacking force, attack the structure through Shield, Armor… then the Corp with the Wardec HQ could simply drop the wardec during or before it hits Hull timer (1 week reinforcement timer), thereby saving the War HQ before it could die.

Players know this, so small corps or even the big ones won’t bother attacking the HQ, since its effectively invulnerable. There’s no incentive to grind ISK/ships/time into achieving the objective of ending the War, that can be obviated with a simple push of a button at any time.

Just look at PIRAT, they’ve got 58 odd wars all HQ’d out of a simple T1 fitted Astra in Piak.

So now we’re right back to the old status quo. The Wardec corps can pile on the wars even cheaper. The only good thing is that they’re not strangling neophyte corps (with no structures) in the cradle anymore at least.

5 Likes

Just a quick +1 for the Invasion fleets new spawn rate is really disappointing.

2 Likes

such a huge disappointment, the whole concept is flawed , spawning times, loot, and salvage. all have huge problems. for newbies best approach just fly a salvage cormorant/ catalyst and loot other peoples salvage

4 Likes

Wow. Down to no spawns in Hi-Sec. Looks like low and null are behaving normally. So since we don’t get these changes in the patch notes, and in fact it looks like CCP is hiding HUGE game changes like this from their players, so I doubt this or a host of future gameplay nerf will be acknowledged at all.

Zero? So I guess we occasionally have a reason to play, and sometimes not. So, not logging in until I see two spawns up on a OOG Incursion tracker. If my account goes Alpha before this is fixed, I won’t bother even checking that. And I encourage all full time Incursion runners to do the same.

2 Likes

The main point in attacking a war HQ is to make the war go away. If the dec is pulled because the structure is reinforced, that goal has been achieved.

In case of a blanket deccer, if you want to keep on pursuing destruction, you can then join as assist someone else the target has decced using the same HQ.

Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

When the Incursion communities were killing off the Moms real quick I wrote this and my wife sang it : Dock Up in Bei <- YouTube <- At the time my main was Vampyr3, but I sold that character.

I don’t feel like sitting in a dockup, and this time it’s CCP’s fault not player politics. So CCP, please fix your error. You’re losing some big fans.

Terrible photo of my Minmatar tattoo. Because Eve was supposed to be forever.

4 Likes

exlease nc dock cant use the excuss we cant fight the undock button

You might have been able to take a better picture if you put down the bong for a second :slight_smile:

Anyway, I completely understand why you are upset about the change because I’m upset with it too. But, the truth be told, it was never my plan to stop with incursions. I intended to do it for a while, make some isk, grow as a player, and when it got too grindy and I got tired of it, move on to the next thing. Eve is still an amazing sandbox (even if the devs seem perfectly willing to make the smaller entitities “unwilling collateral damage”). And there’s still plenty that I want to do.

That being said, I have no intention of abandoning WTM in it’s time of trouble. I don’t know if this is temporary and we’ll rebound like nothing happened, or if it’s permanent and WTM will need to transform itself. But what I do know is that I’m going to stick around and try my damnedest to make sure it doesn’t die.

5 Likes

It’s a joint. And since I started playing I’ve run missions, I’ve lived ina wormhole, I’ve done exploration, industry, trading, hauling and a heap of other things. But Incursions, and specifically WtM is the only place I’ve really felt at home, the only place I didn’t mind the grind.

EDIT : I’ve been in null too, and that sucked as well.

4 Likes

Uedama/sivala has to be one of the most traveled pipes in the entire galaxy - what other reason would you need to invade it?

1 Like

I think this is great content for new(er) players-re. the opportunity to ninja-salvage the triglavian wrecks. When you can pull in ISK to the hundreds of millions with a bit of application and it becomes like “salvage pvp” competing against other ninjas-and there is definitely “risk”-ive had 3 or 4 ships shot out from under me and dozens of times warping away in structure by the Trigs. Complainers could try remembering how it used to be when earning <10 million was a big thing. Its laughable seeing pilots in obviously big high skilled/high ISK ships supported by half a dozen logistics complaining(shooting the wrecks to stop you salvaging).
Sure maybe as things develop and the Invasions move on(low/null sec?) this opportunity to earn bucketloads for nubs will disappear but for now i think CCP have been really smart in rolling this out so far.

2 Likes

10 days into this thread, 413 comments deep, and CCP still hasn’t even acknowledged a single complaint.
Maybe the company I used to love for being the caretakers of the best video game in the world really has taken a turn for the worst…

So, should we cut our losses ? Is it time to discontinue 3 paid accounts of 5 years ? This isn’t a big threat, CCP doesn’t care about a random dude unsubbing. But I would like to know if my personal continued investment into this company is worth a ■■■■■■■ thing to me anymore.

Somebody pointed out EVE sub is paying for a service, as opposed to a product. Fair enough. However, that doesn’t mean we aren’t entitled to the basic decency of answers and information regarding changes to the service we pay for. Nor that we don’t get to be malcontent when the part of the service we actually use gets chucked out.

8 Likes

It rewards the newbro/vet that knows how to ninja salvage but punishes the people that actually runs the site, so why would people run the sites?

5 Likes