EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

@CCP_Falcon By the way, thank you for making the invasions last longer. I am digging the length.

1 Like

you like the length?

hurr hurr hurrr

2 Likes

Complain to CCP as they took away the content for the incursion community…

Zoltan

1 Like

So-you and your ilk decide to stomp all over good content for new bros because there been a (very possibly temporary) change in your long-running ISK faucet?
Shakes head.

Welcome to Eve. :woman_shrugging:

Blame CCP, just look at the trailer.

Does that look like newbro content, fighting a super sized capital ship with hundreds of supporting ships.

2 Likes

Yes, more blob/zerg the better apparently.

Of course not- as in the first week whats to come is likely for well skilled well funded well experienced players…the new bros get this second week so they get good content-good oppo to make good ISK…and maybe you know…get the funds/the incitement to have a go at the higher level stuff to come. Its not rocket science.
i think CCP knows their player base very well-making the salvage very lucrative was a smart move.

1 Like

That makes no sense at all as the invasion are ramping up in intensity.

…the new bros get this second week so they get good content-good oppo to make good ISK…and maybe you know…get the funds/the incitement to have a go at the higher level stuff to come.

Higher level stuff to come.

1 Like

First of all, you might want to reflect on whether your language is appropriate here - this is not reddit.

Second, please excuse that the incursion community is trying to run the content which is supposedly replacing the social activity we enjoyed until today.

We will loose interest soon enough in the content and the game as it seems what we liked to do was removed without a replacement.

Zoltan

3 Likes

Shrug.
Mind the door doesnt hit you in the ### on the way out.

This is getting more and more mysterious and interesting. Not only the current invasion takes much longer, it also expands more and more into low-sec.

What comes next?

1 Like

You don’t seem to grasp some simple points. I couldn’t care less if someone wants to ninja loot. There is a counter to ninja looting go ahead try and loot my fleets wrecks I will bring a pvp ship and pop you.
Salvaging on the other hand you can do sod all about which is wrong.
And why should people not be pissed about someone taking what they earned when they have no way to counter.

As for this content it is utter garbage for any real fleets. Who this phase is aimed at is irrelevant and to only aim for one small group would be dumb. There should be content for big and small fleets old and young players.

And to top it off they nerf incursion spawns down to 1 in hs. Which in itself wasn’t well thought out considering the communities built around them and the benefits to EvE they provide.
At the very least they should have scaled incursions back slowly in step with the adding of content. But they should have left incursions alone and simply added more content to give people more choice in what they want to do.

3 Likes

Meanwhile I am merrily ninja-looting my head off.

With all of the other ninjas is a crap shot whether or no I will garner more loot otherwise and the T2 BPCs don’t build themselves. So why dedicate expensive hardware…a loot destroyer, insured. Pop it, I give no “F’s” …and I have 12 staged near the invasion. All hail the salvage desi, it has risen again to it pre-Noctis relevance once again.

Yeah, I remember the days before the Noctis…its just easier now because salvage drones, no ned to tractor everything in unless you are planning on doing the yellow ninja thing.

Yeah you can reship again at little cost but at least there is a counter to looting and that is what matters.
It is then up to the players to defend their loot.

Just try harder playing the words around. Sorry but this is indeed forced. Doing something to make profit is trading time*account versus isk/hour. If I am using 2 accounts while cannot make sure I get my payment, then I am forced to play other PVE content. People do PVE not for love, but profit. That is the reality, not what you are assuming.

While the mean time if this event is in null or low I am perfectly fine with ninja salvaging. Just come and I will make sure you pay the price. However in High sec if I do the conduits like the CCP suggested (1-3 person), nothing stops other players join that 3 people content and just ninja (Edit: salvage) it. This is a clear design flaw and don’t ignore this. The cost of ninja loot (Edit: salvage) is too low, and the counter cost is too high. I agree that eve punish people that sucks, however it also features risk on any action, and it should be “higher the benefit, higher the risk”. Unfortunately this is not true for neither the invasion PVE nor the ninja salvaging. You kept ignoring this part of taking the risk for your behavior, and what I am trying to point out is this does not follow the design for EVE.

So yes, in current stage player will be forced to do something else. I earn much more doing lvl 5 abyss, and earn more with 3 frigs multi boxing.

On top of that, I laughed on your statement about friends. EVE is more real than you believe. There is nothing about friends, but profit. This is the same in real life and if you don’t understand that, you don’t understand EVE. Why players are min/maxing on every PVE content? Because anyone who is doing less work is reducing the profit level of the team. Thus, less player with maxed skills + reasonable priced fit will eventually come. Especially when the new stupid content CCP give out clearly states ONE to THREE players, which means CCP themselves are not limiting it to exclude solo players. How dare you do so?

Same sentence giving back to you:
“Man, the amount of respect that people like you deserve to have is much less than you think you have.”

3 Likes

I respect your point here, however I still believe there should be more cost on ninja salvaging. By cost I mean they will also need to do more effort than just getting into a cheap T1 dessy and do whatever they like. You know, people who steal in real life, if get caught will pay the price. Here you might say fine the police are not working properly, but at least there should be some kind of player leading law enforcement?

Like I said in the quote you take, maybe force them to make a probe scan, or maybe make them have to fit a little bit more tank and have more anchoring NPC around? Currently the cost is too low to match the earning.

For the value part we will defiantly see later. Currently the price is still very much unstable.

It is more like a pleasure to discuss with you, with clear logic and reasonable points. Not someone who spam “you suck you’d better stop playing”

1 Like

I am glad you’re enjoying it. I think it’s great CCP tried to make content that would appeal to different types of players. I think something needs tweaking though. The guys creating the wrecks don’t have a good counterplay option for the ninja salvagers, and as a result, they are actually making less isk per hour than them. It’s frustrating some of them, and causing them to lose interest, which is terrible, because if they stop running the content, then the ninja salvagers lose their content as well (everyone loses). I think a good analogy might be overfishing. Ninja salvagers are overfishing, destroying their fisheries, and seem to already be moving on to other ones.

Of course, less competition and less ninja salvagers/looters is great for me. Not so sure it’s what CCP wants though.

So, I think there needs to be some sort of harvest control. For example, suspect timers for ninja salvagers should give the PvE’ers a good counterplay option, which should help make the PvE more worthwile, which should help keep them engaged, which should help keep them providing content for the ninjas.

5 Likes

For the first couple hundred posts I was enjoying all the salt in this thread.

Now I’m starting to gag on it. With the incursion runners on one side crying rivers about spawn reductions and nerfs to the third largest ISK faucet that belonged to them alone… read many comments about “having to compete for spawns” being bad and repeated referencing to the “Social Activity” that is HS incursion running. Not seen such entitlement since I looked at my teenagers.

Then on the other hand you have rivers of tears over ninja salvaging. Years ago the mission runners came to these forums and cried about the exact same thing. This community told them to adapt or cry elsewhere.

People always talk about how CCP is making Eve soft and that is killing Eve.

I think Eve players are getting soft.

5 Likes