EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

Okay the rats are way too powerful for high sec

I am currently multi-boxing one orca to mining barges 2 Ventures

I have a problem when I can’t leave a system with I have to worry about getting tackled on the gate I do not have the luxury I have a small gang can help me out

my Corporation mates I’m mostly on the other side of the world and have real-life jobs so I see them about maybe 2 hours a day if that and they’re not really into PVP they’re like me they like to mine and they like to do production

you’re really killing the mining with the invasions on the gates if you want to do The Invasion on the gate do it in low sec hi security Space Place

PS the new ore absolutely sucks it takes up too much M3 for the return

1 Like

You might like to consider changing corporations to one that’s active in your personal timezone.

and not mining in an invasion systsem…

No i wouldnt say that the loot and salvage per rat decreased but the number of rats definatley decreased over multiple instances since launch of the expansion. I dont want it to be a major source of income just something solid we as a fleet can do while minors/majors are down.

2 Likes

Thanks for your info.
It helps a lot.
I’d certainly agree they could do better with the roaming rats around.

Just another question, does the rats still drop the skill books as before? Or they no longer drop?
Seems that there is no such drop in the conduits.

1 Like

well i cant deny or confirm that since i wasnt the logi that was concorded. i would have to check back with them but i dont recall the logi changeing safety. maybe ill test this in the future. thx for the info.
i would call myself a veteran newbro lol

1 Like

We get skillbooks on a regular tho i cant tell you where exactly they dropped. Tho i vaguely recall a book drop from straglers.

1 Like

Um that is also interesting, thanks for the info.
Personally I run conduits, and conduits only. It can be either

1. I did not run enough of them
  2. It does not drop in conduits.
1 Like

As said, it’s a common mistake, because logis get trained to have their safety off outside highsec. It matters actually only in lowsec, where pod kills give you a criminal flag, but no concord of course. Logi not having safety off can get that fleet members die who recently shot at pods.

Skillbooks drop from Conduits, though not from Zorya, but regular rats as my observation. Can’t recall which due to MTU.

1 Like

Cool,
that means I’m not doing enough conduits to get one.

1 Like

I bet you are better off fighting the regulars if you are looking for skill books, as in Conduits you are unlikely getting all the wrecks with the current fierce competition. I focus on “stealing” the Zoryas, means doing top damage in brawl, which is 90% reliable (and fun because quite dangerous), but results only in a small variety of loot drops, all not selling well.

With the majors, even more Zoryas will spawn, so the situation will become worse. Zoryas need to drop some “jesus module” from time to time, to keep the motivation up.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 Triglavian Engineering skill books drop in the last week running solo against the scattered minor fleets that appear in outside systems. Have not run any Invasion activities over the last 48+ hours, so I don’t know if this is still happening.

2 Likes

So to test out how bad it really is I decided to take out a ninja salvaging destroyer and see how efficient the loot is compared to fleeting and taking my battle Orca. Safe to say the results were absolutely disgusting, and if yellow salvage doesn’t flag suspect the long term health of Invasions is bleak. I can only assume I completely demoralized the 3 fleets I was able to ninja 75-80% of the loot from in about 2 minutes.

7 Likes

grats, have a cookie

1 Like

I can’t seem to find any information on this - including anyone asking about it - but I feel like it’s unlikely that I’m the only curious one: with the Invasion expansion, Veles Entropic Radiation Sinks were (theoretically) added to the game, and I was hoping to use them. However, I can’t find any evidence that they actually exist outside of the game files. Are they supposed to be dropping as loot, but not doing so? Are they supposed to be dropping as blueprints, but not doing so? Is the expansion still not yet “actually” released and they will start dropping once it is? Has anything about this been mentioned anywhere?

2 Likes

World ARK. Officer Zorya spawn (T-*).

1 Like

I’ve actually come around. I have now played on both sides, and realized that it now takes a bit of skill and effort to ninja loot without getting popped. It might have been easy at first because the killers didn’t know how to deal with ninja looters, but that’s no longer the case. So, I’m fine with keeping it the way things are. I mean, I don’t like people stealing “my” stuff, but there are valid counterplay options, so it’s hard for me to argue against it.

4 Likes

@CCP_Falcon ,

first off I will say that the triglavian invasion is a refreshing pve system, randomised spawns - fleet engagments and room for looting/salvaging competition! It is not all bad but lets be honnest it is not perfect. why? we have to deal with highsec rules and limitations that are not build to deal with ninja looters and salvage warriors.

I dont mind shooting suspets but i cant scram them 40km away from me and if i’m close enough, I cant scram in the same server tick when they " align>loot> warp".
The ability to warp in and out of conduits at will is what makes this content questionable as it gives all the power to ninja looters/salvagers with no sustainable way to deal with them as a fleet > safety limiations and logistics going flashy > damaging your entire fleet.

So some suggestion:

• Put drops in every trig ship - > spread the payout in 50/50% drop/salvage

• WarpScram beacons in major conduit (see world ark site) -> have fleets/ ninjalooters “commit to the fight”

• Add more filament drops calm to fierce

• Add a bigger range of mutaplasmids

• increase the difficulty in foothold systems > more ships in roaming gangs in foothold systems -> make it an actual foothold and not the meh… i’ll just warp my orca through here

• overal more anchoring ships in roaming fleets / conduits -> this isn’t an invasion… i can go wherever i want with my battleship/orca

So, overal I enjoyed the refreshing content but the “unfinished feeling” and “lack of danger” made me not care about them after the first day… Give us more, give us the real power of triglavion invasions, give us something we cant ignore when entering these systems/conduits.

ps: free sansha.

4 Likes

хочешь больше опасности - лети в нули. или садись на крейсер или эсминец. это всё таки хайсек

1 Like