EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

The RR change goes far beyond PvE content and it was done for a good reason. It should never go back to suspect, though modifying to to be smart of enough to detect repping a Suspect Hunter vs something else would be nice (but I know there are technical issues to that).

Can’t speak to World Ark wrecks as I haven’t participated with site.

So a fleet of 10+ people needs to get even more people to defend against a single person, and you think that is okay? A single person should not be advantaged over an entire fleet.

Solo players who warp in in untanked ships should immediately draw aggro. The NPCs should turn them into wrecks and not completely ignore them.

Also, the NPC Triglavians don’t appear to have any damage spoolup. Why do the Triglavians not have the core Triglavian mechanic?

The removal of remote repping in HS has killed most of HS pvp, it is now just whoever has more members wins. It’s made it even harder for small groups to fight off bigger fleets by asking friends or other rivaling groups for support. It has stopped abuse of RR but at the price of completely eliminating a branch of eve. A weapons Timer already makes it impossible to use Logi then dock up or jump a gate since the entire logi wing will keep its timer or they have to let the logi die. There are probably various ways to stop abuse without just going full on criminal punishment.

But I sadly don’t think CCP is even giving the entire thing any second thoughts.

1 Like

Yes. One more person to defend your loot is emergent gameplay.

Having a single person outplay a fleet of 10 simply by existing is not emergent gameplay, it’s beyond retarded. Shooting a suspect should not come at any detriment to yourself, other than the LE Timer.

Stealing is already easily done and with literally no downside. If you successfully steal once, you can lose your theft ship 100 times and still not make any loss.

Eve is about risk/rewards, but there exists no risk for this. Losing a t1 frigate is not a punishment, not even for a new player.

No it is not, if the fleet is not skilled to deal with the situation. Survival of the fittest?

Do you even play the invasion sites?

I think we have had this back and forth before, but this is your opinion on the situation. CCP and an overwhelming majority of Highsec enjoy the fact that Wardeccers and Suspect baiters don’t have access to neutral Logi.

I will agree that the loot and salvage mechanics for Invasion are pretty terrible. No reason yellow salvage loot shouldn’t cause suspect. In sites, at least having Trig pop a woefully undertanked target in range makes sense.

Yes I did in the first weeks when it was still profitable and no roaming gangs in sites. I killed the Zoryas to get wreck and loot, and also killed a couple loot thiefs.

So what you are saying is, that you have no idea what you are talking about.

So stop talking about it. You have not the slightest clue of what is wrong. It’s not that people aren’t “skilled enough” to do it. It’s that the mechanics work against the rightful owners. And that is stupid.

Try to understand how the mechanics work, then talk about the mechanics.

I just think nabbing loot is more thrilling than grinding.

It doesnt make me a bad person

Feeding Billy Emu Milk, that makes me a bad person

Sorry, this made me ROFL.

Honestly the salvage loot mechanics are so bad I prefer to just solo hit and run the content. The payout logistics and ease of ninjaing just doesn’t make it worth the time to group up. Sad really.

There are always people saying “yeah just bring more people to counter XXX” but failed to recognize each of every more people they bring rise the cost (Time and effort) to do this PVE, decrease the investment versus return.

I don’t like to go into the topic of “how many people you need to counter each ninja salvager/looter” or “how this counter looting guy survive the world ark rats”. Before even talk about that, always remember man power is a form of cost, take that into consideration.

No matter how good and interesting a PVE content is (which the current invasion is neither good or interesting after a few days), the ultimate goal for player doing PVE is to earn ISK. Maybe that is sad but that is also the reality you can’t just ignore (or force people to be less min-maxed).

If it earn less ISK but requires more investment, people will just stop doing it and turn to other more profitable stuff, especially for something that already need the whole fleet roam around the high sec after each invasion ends. It is not like null sec where you have your own territory and have to live there unless you take someone else’s space.

CCP actually had great PVE ideas in the past years, the abyss. I’m not saying it is less repetitive or more interesting, but in terms of the content, it successfully generated a new type of PVE which goes parallel with the others. The different levels provided players with both high and low skillpoint a chance to participate, and 1 cruiser/ 3 frigate types provided solo and group player contents. It requires an entirely different skill set than other PVE form (Incursion need battleship, LVL 4 mission also need battleship or Tech3). However this new invasion world ark can’t discriminate itself from the old incursion, with similar skill set and suggested group size. What? You said salvage? Adding a annoying part does not make the new feature more attractive you know?
And that’s probably why CCP decrease the spawn rate of the old one because they also probably know if they don’t, noone is going to come to play the new one.

2 Likes

Why not just teleport the loot into your bay?

In fact, why both shooting? Just have the server calculate your dps vs the enemy and just have it decide you won.

Why are NPC’s immune to sensor dampening?

1 Like

No idea, but they are not regarding tracking disruption. With optimal range crippled I got Zorya’s Leshak to hug me instead of kiting me at range. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. I wanted to do with the Sensor dampening. Will try tracking disruption instead. I am not talking now only about Zorya, but other Triglavian battleships as well.

NPCs have no targeting range.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips. Will come back with the result.

Running random fleets solo in a RS with RLHM and either a Gecko or 2 heavies. I use a Heavy faction grappler (for some impact on cruisers and incoming ships) and 1 faction web to add when under 14km. I have noticed my drones having problems hitting ships, even when the Triglavians are reduced to 60-100 mps. Am I overreducing my targets speed? Should I replace the grappler with a TP or omnitracker with tracking script? What can I change to increase my chances of the drones being more effective?

1 Like