EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

Drones are bad choice because they get heavy penalties in invasion systems.

1 Like

Yeah, I am just trying to find a class of ship that’s viable for solo random fleet engagement. Found the Marauders work great early on, but in later stages of the invasion the fleets build up large enough that bastioning up for 1 minute may doom your ship. The RS has a huge tank and I can skeedadle out in 11 seconds if things get too hairy. Any and all ship class/fits for solo gameplay would be appreciated. Thinking of looking at a Barghest next.

1 Like

N.Scorpion

Thanks, I’ll try some pyfa fits this weekend. Tried the RS after removing the grappler and adding a T2 TP; drones at near 100% hit results and better application of missile damage. Enough significant improvement that may end up being sufficient for my needs, but will need further stress testing as an invasion progresses. Missile ammo use significantly reduced as the drones actually pulled their weight. Still sub optimal total dps (near 1k), so other fits/shops will be looked at…but the tank it has :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the cheating bastards. I still remember when CCP expanded the default grid size from 250km radius and people were reporting being locked (AND JAMMED) from 1000s and 1000s of km away by rats on a different gate. Either Niarjas in a LS/NS incursioned system or else Guristas null, either way.

You answered your own question there. :wink:

But yeah… drone penalties… solo-RS probably not nerfed too bad by the penalties in perimeter systems, but in adjacent/foothold? ay-yi-yi.

I think more danger is better!! This is fun for sure. Death is everywhere. The only thing I think you guys need to look at is loot. It would be nice to get some guaranteed rewards.

2 Likes

LOL @ thinking/pretending the purpose of this new type of PvE is to be farmed, and then complaining here after realising it’s not profitable enough to be worth doing for that reason when compared to other more farmable types of PvE… Totally not getting it… As if FOBs weren’t a good enough hint already…

Or that Crimewatch remote assistance mechanics are broken because they don’t let you protect your loot in these sites and should be reverted to how they worked before just because of that… :rofl:

The purpose of this new type of PvE is obviously to increase chaos and destruction, and make PvE more challenging without necessarily making it correspondingly more rewarding. Get that already.

So what if the players that do PvE for ISK grinding purposes may end up not wanting to do these sites and prefer to keep doing the PvE stuff with better rewards vs risk or effort ratio that they used to do before?

What about the players that do want and enjoy doing these sites regardless simply because they’re more challenging and unpredictable? What about the players (maybe noobs, but not necessarily) that have fun sneaking in to steal yellow wrecks? What about all the chaos, challenges and opportunities this creates and that are almost certainly intended?

Take a look at the fact that most of the wreck value comes in the form of salvage instead of loot, for example. Not saying this is the case and maybe it gets adjusted (it looks wrong to me too, fwiw), but have you considered the possibility that this is actually intended in order to give more opportunities for new players to participate and make it more challenging for veterans to deal with? Stop thinking of it in selfish ISK grinding terms and start looking at it from a more general perspective.

Sure bugs will be fixed and changes will be made to the way these sites work, but they will be to move them in whatever direction CCP wants them to go and for whatever purpose CCP wants them to serve, not to satisfy anyone’s ISK grinding wishes or expectations…

3 Likes

Being challenging and unpredictable is good. But this invasion is not challenging and unpredictable.
Conduits are just fixed routine, roaming fleet is kind of fine, and neither of them is something you can enjoy doing for a long time. It is just… repetitive.

Yes salvage is intended for sure.
It introduce more challenge for veterans, but not many (if there is any) reasonable ways to deal with the challenge.

They will leave and do something else.

And these are different from simply being annoying.
Something I can react to with skill and effort is challenge.
Something I can do nothing about, or have to put more effort into, in order to secure my profit of less than that effort is annoying.

I’ll frank here, I stopped doing invasion conduits like long time ago. And I’ve probably earned more isk for being a ISK/LP thieve and loot thieve. Before the world ark got buffed, I shared LP and ISK with 2 vargurs doing the site, multiple times, 100m+ isk each time. I stole multiple unstable mutaplasmids from minor conduits. I even took shiny stuff from solo PVEers who got blaped by the added Zorya.
That is why I do not think the current invasion works. As someone in CCP said, eve is a cruel game, but fair. When I was being a thieve, I do not actually feel… challenged or fair. I know there is basically nothing they can do unless I messed up myself.
Sure, as you said, unpredictable and challenging stuff are good. But I question if we should punish some part of the population just to create these “challenge” for other part of the population.

1 Like

That is literally the only reason people are banding together and experimenting with doctrines to tackle the conduits and world arks. It’s the first thing in HS since sansha incursions to figure out and theorycraft and master. But once all that is over… they’re not going to be run for 10 years straight like sansha incursions have been, not unless CCP tweaks the reward mechanisms.

1 Like

Ran into my first system where 2 separate Invasions were happening; one at “World Ark Detected” and the other at “Scouts Detected”. This resulted in every fleet encountered at a station,gate,belt, etc to randomly be reinforced. Rarely no second wave appeared, numerous times it appeared to be a near endless series of reinforcement waves of 6- 9 ships with me bugging out when 25+ Triglavians were on grid. As a solo player, this random factor caused me to occassionally pop a booster as I hoped to muscle through a reinforcement wave, only to be sometimes denied as 1-3+ more waves appeared. If not multiboxing /running with a group or ninja salvaging, these invasions can and do give you a challenge.

2 Likes

@CCP_Falcon Why are rookie systems being invaded by Triglavians? They cannot run the tutorial nor career agents because of it and therefore being told to wait a few days until it passes.

If I were new to a game and told I can’t play for a few days when really, the design is so flawed, I’d completely give it a miss.

6 Likes

Very good question and I agree with you 100%.

Of course CCP won’t give an answer or do anything about it. In my opinion it looks like they’ve just flat out given up on gaining and retaining new players.

1 Like
  • It looks like they’ve just flat out given up on most of their, existing\new, players (it just feels like that)

Anyway, @CCP_Falcon (tagged you because it just feels that all the input we write goes nowhere) … two Invasions got “deleted” from your side yesterday. And no one has written anything. And it seems whoever has deleted the Invasions, didn’t clear the systems properly, since some of the Triglavian roaming fleets were\are still present, even when the Invasion “was gone”. Few of the people have died because of that (mainly newer players) since all of the “warnings” about the invasion were gone. P.S. Look at the System “Pakhshi” after the invasion has been removed.

I am not sure what kind of issues you had - I can confirm only one issue with the “Invasion chat”, which stood opened permanently even though person was nowhere near the invasion anymore. Hopefully you didn’t “delete” the invasion because the roaming fleets have been overlapping. If Invasions overlap, and the roaming fleets are doubled, that does not mean that one should just “delete” them because “too hard”. Players engaging content should think with their heads and think about that possibility.

I was really hoping to look around those overlapping systems for a bit after I got from work, but that chance was taken away :frowning:

4 Likes

Anomalies and fixed spawns are so chaotic.
And making mechanics easily abuseable is good game design.

I must say, you actually impressed me with your complete and utter lack of a functioning brain.
Too many booster side effects?

1 Like

Yes, you nailed it, that’s exactly what’s going on here. I’m sure you’ve almost “proved” your point now and CCP is going to think you are the smart one that they need to listen to. BTW, are you going to insult them too if they don’t? :rofl:

If people truly cared about the retention of new players the answer should be "what system are you in and I’ll come guide you to safety.

People shouldn’t have to. Ccp shouldn’t run events in rookie systems and blocking the basic career agents

1 Like

Last night we spent several hours “Grinding the bar” so that the invasion would get stabilized so that we could eventually get the Major sites to spawn.

Foothold system was Agal, when we were almost there (we had but a sliver left until we were done) one of the other invasions that were withdrawing despawned, and a new invasion spawned right on top of the one that we were grinding.

The bar went down to 0% complete, and the foothold system changed to Serren.

This system is 2 jumps away and it now looks like these two invasions are overlapping eachother, since Serren has Agal in it and vice cersa, they share the foothold system of Serren.

Could something be done to try to prevent this from happening in the future since it is very time consuming “grinding the bar” to its state of spawning major conduits, also very very boring, at least for me and our tiny community that I am part of.

I want to thank CCP for the great content, Invasions and the Triglavian shipline is awsome, now we only need the Drekavac t2 command ship version + Leshak t2 marauder version, and the circle is complete, I have made new friends doing these triglavian things, might have made some new enemies as well now that I come to think of it.

The Zarmazd really needs a better role bonus to their capacitor transfer range added to some fitting requirements bonus, it would be perfect.

Thats it, have fun everyone, see you out there, Join ingame channel “Entropic Collective” we usually run shield fleets during regular weekdays, and once during the weekends we try to form a triglavian ships only fleet, we have lots of fun, and we sell the loot and divide the isk between participants, based on time spent in fleet.

Thats it for real this time…

3 Likes

Do you know Rebel Kiwi?

Sorry if Ive asked before