Eve Online Movie

So i was watching some EVE Online Trailers and thought:"Hmmmm, maybe a EVE Online Movie would be cool.

It would be really cool if ccp would make a EVE Online movie that explains the Lore of the EVE Universe the Playermade Lore (Fountain War, World War Bee…) and the non playermade Lore.(Evegate,Triglav Invasion,the wars between Empires and so on)

Imagine if we could maybe get those movies into a cinema and they have the quality of the trailers.
IT WOULD BE EPIC. New players would join the game. We the Older players can enjoy a EVE-Online movie.

For CCP it would be a win win situation they earn money through the movie and at the same time its a type of ad.

CCP Pls think about this it would be cool

So i was watching some EVE Online Trailers and thought:"Hmmmm, maybe a EVE Online Movie would be cool.

It would be really cool if ccp would make a EVE Online movie that explains the Lore of the EVE Universe the Playermade Lore (Fountain War, World War Bee…) and the non playermade Lore.(Evegate,Triglav Invasion,the wars between Empires and so on)

Imagine if we could maybe get those movies into a cinema and they have the quality of the trailers.
IT WOULD BE EPIC. New players would join the game. We the Older players can enjoy a EVE-Online movie.

For CCP it would be a win win situation they earn money through the movie and at the same time its a type of ad.

CCP Pls think about this it would be cool

I have merged you to identical posts in this one.

Please avoid double posting in the future

Will the movie play in slow motion because of TiDi?

2 Likes

That would be so neat!

Oddly, and ignoring its weaknesses as a film, Jupiter Ascending made me think “Amarr” part way through it - the malicious plotting, but most of all the over the top decorative style.
JA_11_B_2_crop

It would have to be a film set within the politics of the Empires, or within just one Empire, rather than something relating to the game play. It would be a film within New Eden rather than Eve the Movie. And, as always, it would be about the people rather than the spaceships - you can’t make it for the love of the Eve Players, it has to stand on it’s own.
And space opera is very hard to make work - as Jupiter Ascending showed.

2 Likes

Why CCP? Why not make it yourself?

I’d link to the Clear Skies twitch marathon with a Q&A with the creator Ian Chisholm, but I can’t find it. So, here’s the original.

2 Likes

They can’t even manage the t.v. series they announced back in 2014, a movie is far out of their reach.

Who needs CQ? I put a sofa on the bridge of my ships after watching! :joy:

1 Like

Agreed that series was fantastic :smiley: Also tbh the audio books “Empires of Eve” was fantastic as well I agree its better if the community does it.

Also if CCP does it that means less updates for the game since they will be spending dev time on the movie then realise the movie is doing well and Eve online shuts down becuase now they making movies xD.

1 Like

There’s something for almost everyone in that. The “almost” being no mining.

1 Like

Actually there is the story about The dread mining in high sec lol. Forgot his name now.

In the books?

Yea he talks about the guy for a few seconds lol. And lore about gankers “Moo” was pretty interesting as well had no Idea CCP struggled so hard with people breaking the game.

I think you just proved my point! :laughing:

I’ll chk them out though.

1 Like

Whats is name thou arrg I remember he made EFT as well.

What would be cool is letting a good studio create a TV series about the EVE Universe, a good studio could make EVE famous and bring players to EVE.

Let professionals handle such thing, let them explore it financially as much as they please.

Ccp branching out into other projects has always lead to a dark age in eve. They just don’t have the resources.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.