EVE Online Partnership Program

I have two different websites related to EVE. Until now I got a free account for each of them.
Will the be still the case in future?

Ignore next part, found the answer down at the partnership site.

Also I want to say, that the rule may be good on a global view. But as I’m part of the rather small german content creator community, I doubt that many of there content creators will meet the requirements, as our target audience is much smaller then the english one.
Other languages will have much more troubles here I think. So you just want to boost english content?

Fantastic! This will greatly increase the amount and quality of EvE materials created. I love the dedication CCP has for EvE.

1 Like

Does spaceship-based erotic fan fiction count?

Asking for a friend, haha…

10 Likes

Looks like a lot of fun. I’m to small to be a partner (streamer here) but maybe one day :slight_smile:

The very best way to make skins that noone can buy. Enter your trolling message here…

@CCP_Aurora @CCP_Dopamine
I make terrible content that no one should watch. However, many of my favorite content creators would fail to meet your partner requirements if they were Eve content creators. Long form, scripted videos can take a really long time to make, but it also, imho, results in some of the best content across the web. It’s a matter of quality versus quantity, and quality takes time. Like I said, I’m terrible, so I won’t use myself as an example. Instead, check these guys who put out about 1 video essay every 1 to 2 months: Lindsay Ellis (film and media analysis), Folding Ideas (film and media analysis), Noah Caldwell-Gervais (video game retrospectives with an emphasis on narratives and characters), Core-A Gaming (fighting game stuff), Captain Disillusion (fake video debunking), and Summoning Salt (history of speedrunning records). Not to mention that there is a metric butt ton of creators who put out about 2 videos a month, who would barely meet your requirements. And even they can have often have gaps in their content that would frequently put them at risk of being dropped from the program. Oh, and on top of all of that, most of these guys are full time youtubers. Naturally, they have a lot more time to work on their videos than players who are making Eve videos in their spare time.

Now, I’m not going to ask you to change the rules on my account. Eve is already my second job, and I’m not looking to turn making Eve videos into my third. Moreover, I’m not going to rush out unfinished or low effort content in order to meet requirements. I’ll just keep on doing what I’ve been doing -which means working on the videos that I think are interesting/important, and doing so at a pace that wont burn me out. That being said, I did want to point out to you guys that your minimum requirements will discourage long form, scripted content, and will exclude those that make it -well, unless they also stream, blog, or do something else on top of making such videos.

Anyway, here’s a sampling of a few of my favorite scripted Eve videos:

And I suppose I’ll link a few of my good, er… decent… um… more notable videos in case you want to see the kind of crap I make.

2 Likes

IDK what you are smoking, but even as someone who doesn’t dabble in videos or creating content, the parameters to join the program do not look very hard at all.

So good! I discuss my thoughts about it in this vid

Its really nice to see the devs encouraging promoting the game we love. Even though quite a lot of players are on simultanously its still nowhere near the level of fortnite and all these other popular games. Hopefully itll not only help there being more interesting content than there already is (zkill, dotlan, twitchers and youtubers) but also help bring even more players to the game :smile:

Good job CCP!

3 Likes

Seriously? You have no experience with content creation, and you’re going to give me crap for asserting that long form, scripted content takes a long time to make.

Well, not to diminish the amount of work guys like streamers and podcasters do, but what I do requires a little more effort than hitting the record button while I play or converse with others.

My Process
  • Research/Theory Crafting/Experimentation/Testing [1-2 Weeks, but I also tend to do a lot of ■■■■■■■ off during this period as well -like watching videos and reading articles that I happen to find interesting]
  • Make an outline [1 day]
  • Write a script [1-2 weeks]
  • Record 15-45 minutes worth of audio, which takes about 3-9 hours to actually record. I often have to break it up in to 2-3 sessions because my throat will start hurting [1-3 days]
  • Once done with that, I will go back and re-record any segments where I feel like I’m channeling my inner Mr. Plinkett too much (Yes, I still sound like ■■■■, but I would sound even worse if I didn’t do this. Hopefully, people can tell that I’ve gotten better over the years).
  • Manually reduce any peaks that are too loud
  • Run clip fix (audicity) on any blown out peaks, and rerecord the segment if that doesn’t work (if you just try rerecording the one messed up word, it will sound really weird)
  • Edit out all the um’s, like’s, anyway’s, as well as all my breathing
  • Amplify segments where my voice gets softer(usually towards the ends of long sentences)
  • Trim the time between sentences to an acceptable length (this video is specifically about vloging, but it supports my assertion that using an everyday conversation tempo within a youtube video will make the video drag) [All video editing and rerecording takes 1-3 days]
  • Import all my audio into Premiere Pro
  • Create and place my graphics. Note that I never record myself talking on camera, which would greatly reduce the amount of work I do. I’ve thought about doing something like Extra Credits or Zero Punctuation does, and use a cartoon representation of me talking from a desk or podium for filler. But, I’ve also come up with some of my more entertaining graphics while banging my head against the wall trying to find/create something relevant to what I’m talking about. It requires a MASSIVE amount of work, but I really like the end result. And, it’s usually the best part of my video (lord knows it’s not my narration). Anyway, I sometimes use game footage, or memes that I’ve saved or found, but the vast majority of the stuff I use are things that I have created. I frequently spend 10 minutes creating graphics that might be on the screen for as little as a few seconds, and can spend 2-4 days working on more complex clips (i.e. the Gobfather/Tribute Clip in my Propaganda video and the Blackout/Balls/Ludicrous speed clip in my Whiteknighting CCP video). I’ve gotten faster now that I’ve had more experiencing using things like photoshop, open toonz, after effects, and the advanced features of premiere pro, but I’m still just some random asshole figuring out how to do this as I go. [1-4 weeks]
  • Blur any intel that might be present [a couple of hours]
  • I further adjust the timing of my dialogue within premiere pro when it is more suitable to adjust the audio timing to the graphics, rather than the graphics timing to the audio).
  • I try to adjust the gain on all clips throughout the video in order to make sure the volume remains at as consistent a level as possible. This is very important when recording over long, multiple sessions, as I tend to get quieter over the course of a recording session.
  • Export
  • Wait 24 hours to “proofread” the video (I used to do the same thing for my essays).
  • Comb through the video for mistakes. Take notes, fix problems.
  • Re-export [tweaking audio and fixing problems usually takes 1-2 days]
  • Upload to Youtube and schedule the video for at least 24 hours out.
  • Fight Youtube’s stupid algorithm, which likes to demonitize videos for all sorts of crap (i.e. like using words that advertisers don’t like in the meta data, or including a meme of Alex Jones singing about turning the frogs gay) [1 day]
  • And finally, I sit back and watch the view come rolling in. Hope that guy enjoyed it.

Oh, and by the way, I don’t have any producers or collaborators. It’s just me, I do it in my spare time, and I’m learning as I go.

You might think my videos are crap, and I wouldn’t blame you if you did. Hell, I can’t stand to watch my old work. But I pour a stupid amount of time and effort into making them. And to be honest, it kind of cheeses me off that you would suggest otherwise. I’m not a content farm churning out low effort garbage. And there’s a big difference between the amount of work required to make things like the raw and unedited content of twitch streams, and a well researched, information dense video essay or tutorial -especially when you’re a dumbass who personally makes like 80% of all the graphics used.

3 Likes

This “Average EVE-related video views of at least 1000 per video over the last 3 months” what does it mean exactly?

Meaning the EVE related videos need an average of 1,000 views from capsuleers or plebs for 3 months before they can be accepted into the program.

It can be a short 10-15 min video or however long… as long as it can garner 1,000 or more views.

1 Like

@CCP_Aurora
Oh, and by the way. I can understand not wanting to give out plex and free game time to everyone and their dog, but you might want to consider opening up the discord to more people (i.e. people who don’t yet meet view requirements and lapsed partners who no longer meet activity requirements). New creators might very well benefit the most from the knowledge and experience of older creators, and lapsed creators can still have knowledge to share.

2 Likes

Free advertising just got freer apparently.

1 Like

If you could translate that to English, that’d be great

Thank you now I understand .

When you can’t create content players want, crank up the PR machine from people who haven’t voted with their feet, yet.

Tbh as usual CCP is a bit behind the curve. Frontier have pushed Community Content hard for 5 or 6 years now to give ED content where it otherwise has none.

Much like the farming out of forum mod function to player-driven algorythms rather than actually having staff do the work.

2 Likes

I have tried multiple times to submit the application but I get an error every time.
I did complete every form field. And there were no network errors on the form submit. I tried multiple browsers and turned off ad blocking. Out of ideas.

Any suggestions? Did anyone else get this?

I figured it out.
Too many words in the field that asks you to describe what you do.
I shortened the explanation and the error turned to success.

3 Likes

Some of the content created outside the game is awesome so I figure this is a good program on a fundamental level.

I’m curious though, since the content rules clearly state. “Avoid behavior which could be construed as … harassment … Not contain … hateful … material.”, where in space does this leave James 315 Ganky God and the rest of the aggression focussed mob?

I mean let’s be honest , here’s an awful lot of hatred and prejudicial attitudes out there that are frequently and repeatedly directed at miners, ‘Care Bears’ and basically anyone who doesn’t play the game in exactly the way that they (try to) dictate it should be played, and this often makes it way into content.

:mouse:

2 Likes