Eve Online requires loot tables to align with the current efforts on the game

I like that EVE doesn’t tell you everything upfront.

Some games tell you the level of NPCs, show you the loot tables telling you exactly which NPC you have to kill X times to receive your epic dagger.

To me that breaks the immersion of a game and turns it into a slot machine.

By not telling players everything up front EVE has a sense of exploration. Not the hacking and scanning kind, but the kind of trying new things because not everything is known yet.

People do enjoy different kinds of gameplay. I could understand if you like seeing all the drop chances upfront.
However, to me it does the opposite: it removes all unknowns from the game and stops being an interesting game where I can try something to get to know more of it when everything is already solved in advance.

Some people enjoy the unknown in games.

CCP knows that, and even caters to this kind of gameplay; they have removed the test server for most new content and have been hiding cryptic messages in new content without telling players exactly what it is. It’s up to the players to figure out how the game works and doing so is all part of this game.

No, I do not think it is an improvement to the game if loot tables are all solved and presented to the player already.

If you want loot tables, why not work together with other players to collectively build those loot tables? In the end it does a similar thing for you - a loot table - but it keeps the sense of exploration for everyone else and the unknown still exists because no player-made loot table is truly flawless.

That NPC over there may just drop a very expensive module that you don’t know about with a minuscule chance.

And that’s fun.

Look that is a great read but we are moving into the future of receiving more now rather than later.

If the future means more packs then something needs to balance the back end where the miners/ mission runners reside.

Source: https://forums.eveonline.com/t/if-you-could-do-a-crossover-ship-in-eve-online-what-would-you-add/460819/25

I roleplay that New Eden doesn’t need this.

Out of roleplay I say EVE doesn’t need this.

:dealwithitparrot:

Neither do new players. They can handle it just as everyone else did before them.

:blush:

Btw these “think of the children” fallacies wont work here. You should try these on Aiko instead. Oh wait you can’t do that anymore since she blocked you.

:innocent:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :popcorn:

Welcome to Frostpacker’s wordsalad filled nothingburger kiosk.

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They already do sell officer loot in the NES store, sorta. Spend money on plex, sell plex, use proceeds to buy officer loot. If you look at the beginning and end, the stuff between is irrelevant. You are paying cash for the loot you want. Just sayin…

1 Like

True yet when I try to explain a path forward I am met with veterans who had already done the work but are hiding their data from new pilots.

Shame they don’t have the courage to share such data to the new citizens of New Eden and who have decided to pursue a more direct approach with Eve Online

I’m sure Aiko is willing to share her secrets with you for 1 bil ISK.

:wink: :blush: :popcorn:

Is that all?

I had not yet revealed my true self!

/ I just wanted to balance the game to support the new pilots.

images

:innocent:

1 Like

I’m going to make you cry

:popcorn: :blush: :popcorn:

NPC loot will soon be the major topic for CSM

:yawning_face:

@Zaera_Keena I think your frostpuppy got loose and is now barking all over the place.

:smirk:

You had woken the big dog now Uriel

Poor Aiko and her hound dog once begged for chump change.

We will see the NPC Loot table soon.

Time for you to spend the night outside. :smiling_imp:

tumblr_6ededbeaa6e7b0f1507f87bbc67a7fc2_919468e5_400

1 Like

Idk frosty waiting for a reply from CSM Mike

wants others to do the work to give him all the information, but doesn’t want to do it themselves… seems legit.
i hesitate to do this… @Mike_Azariah tell me you don’t agree with this.

2 Likes

EVERYONE RUN

1 Like

Maybe Awakening will be more your speed.

I kind of go the other way on this one. I occasionally want to know which kobold to kill for the ring of ringyness but I do not want to know the exact percentage chances.

a man with a robot behind him says never tell me the odds

I think, though, that this could come down to a difference in philosophy. Some people, like myself, want to play the game and others want to ‘solve it’ maximize and optimize it to the last detail.

CCP on the other hand MAY want to have the option to put its thumb on the scale now and again and perhaps alter drop %'s without having to announce it each time that they do.

Nah, I do not agree with this request. Sorry, FF.

m

3 Likes

@Felix_Frostpacker

Disaster_Girl

2 Likes