EVE Online to go native on macOS!

Was the native client supposed to be available today at DT? If yes, then what am I missing to do, because if I chose SiSi, it keeps launching Wine.

1 Like

the mass test isnā€™t until next thursday

I was just opening a new thread about this, where did you get the news? I was wandering if I was doing something wrong.

Yes, the mass test is tomorrow, but the updated native client was supposed to be available today August 11 and until the August 16 for us to test and report back on issues, soā€¦ we are still missing something.

is your launcher updated, as well as running all other min requirementsā€¦

Yeah, I updated everything. The masstest is the 12th at 17:00 Eve time, but the mac playtest should have started today New Mac client playtest | EVE Online .

Hi CCP Caffeine,

Was the native Mac client made available today (August 11), if yes, is there a specific procedure to run it out of choosing SiSi in the Launcher? Because it keeps launching the Wine version.

1 Like

Hi all

We have just deployed to Sisi. Please make sure youā€™re running the latest launcher to avoid any issues.

2 Likes

Thank you, great news! I just relaunched the launcher after you posted, but selecting Sisi itā€™s not downloading anything new and if I launch and open the FPS monitor it still states dx9 instead of metal. Should I just wait or do something specific? The launcher version is 1924823

FWIW, Iā€™m also still not getting the native client, just the regular wine client (launcher version 1924823).

Ok, I restarted the computer and now the launcher is downloading the client again. Iā€™ll let you know.

1 Like

Apologies, we have found an issue with the deployment. This means players will receive the Wine client currently.
We are working to fix this as soon as possible :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The fix should be deployed, but you will need to completely exit and reopen your launcher.

Sorry about that folks!

4 Likes

Confirmed, now downloading the client. Thanks CCP Caffeine for the feedback. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hello there!

Just started playing Eve on Monday with my M1 iMac and super excited for the Mac client - quick question though: To participate in this testing, it wonā€™t let me log into Singularity with my Eve account credentials. Is there some step or process I missed to enable my account to access the testing servers?

Thanks!

I fear that you joined just too late, as the last porting from Tranquillity to Singularity was yesterday, but I think the account data was from Mondayā€¦

Oh darn, I mustā€™ve just missed it by hours then. >_< Well I guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed that the testing goes super well without me, and that we see the official Mac client released sooner rather than later. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m afraid you just missed it :frowning_face:. We did the mirror as close as possible to the playtest as we could, but there are always going to be accounts that just miss it.

Amazing work CCP Caffeine, this client is a night to day change from the initial version, the computer performance have been hyper improvedā€¦ it runs wayā€¦ way cooler than my Windows client in dual boot or the Wine version in macOS, my fans are no longer spinning at full throttle, they hardly are spinning at 2000rpm, while I have three screens and all applications running smoothly and are responsive including the EVE Client, couple of mouse issues, but I will duly report them through the feedback form.

Good kudos to you all in CCP, so happy to play with this client.

This time you rock CCP :love_you_gesture:t2:

3 Likes

As M1 user I would like to say a few words:
This was MUCH better that my experience on tranquility. Amazing!
Tranquility version is very little playable for Apple Silicon users - double emulation + macOS kernel crashes because of wine 4. You canā€™t do risky and profitable content with such problems.
Iā€™v played in test server for hours, and I did not get any crash.

@CCP_Caffeine would you consider release this client for m1 users? Yeah, I know Iā€™m asking too much, but stillā€¦

3 Likes