EvE Online vs. Star Trek Fleet Command

I would let ganking be eliminated if random HS systems, except starter systems, randomly became Pochpoch for several days.

Including Jita :smiley:

Warthunder’s grind is utter balls

What’s your faith got to do with it?

I have played both EVE and STO, but I haven’t been back to STO in a long time since they removed the user mission editor. The player missions were much better than the developers. STO was/is an intellectual property owned by CBS, whereas EVE is more original thought than carbon copy.

However you were asking us about the game mechanics. My good friend there (who also left it) showed me how simplistic the AI was to beat in any combat situation. He called it his, “Picard Maneuver” which was to fly in reverse and increase the power to the forward shields. The brain dead AI all line up to be shot. PvP didn’t or seldom worked, so no one played it. The ships could not move up and down very far showing us this was a poor 2D simulator. Away missions on planets and stations got redundant and boring, especially after they removed all the user missions.

To sum up the only people who will stay with STO are those Trek fans who will never give up no matter how bad the game gets. It is solely a fan based franchise game.

Yeah, I increasingly stub my toes on the concrete the sandbox is turning into.

Can anyone tell me what’s the point of fighting a war CCP have already decided the outcome of ? I mean, in this ‘sandbox’…do the players ever actually get to decide the outcome of PvE wars ?

1 Like

Sorry but your review on STO is completely uninformed, factually incorrect, and shows zero actual knowledge of the game.

It’s a different game for a different player base, and is much more accessible and entertaining than EVE is. It suffers like all MMOs from the fact that once you play through the content you enjoy, it becomes repetitive. EVE is not very different in this regard, in fact it’s much worse. Only the PvP aspects of EVE keep it from becoming stale very quickly.

On the flip side, with half the staff and half the budget of EVE, Cryptic Studios manages to keep three completely separate games up, running, and updated. They also turn a profit.

1 Like

Nothing in this Sandbox happens by chance or is influenced by players. It’s all contrived and planned.

Yup I do agree the war was planned out. No argument about that. I mean in that comment is that we have things like the Turnur star events and FW stuff with blending of ccp’s lore and gameplay together. I do not touch on the sandbox aspect which is planned to a heavy degree.

My apologies for the misread title, I never played “Star Trek Fleet Command” and thought it was a comparison of one MMO to another MMO “Star Trek Online”. My opinion still stands the better space simulator is EVE Online, I am not here to attack your opinion about what you like to play.

To my best knowledge, without looking up company data, Cryptic Studios was originally Atari and sold off to a Chinese firm. All of their games dropped from subscription to Free to Play when that happened. As I said, I haven’t been back to revisit the game since 2019 and I think the company has been sold yet again. I have no idea what they changed since 2019, my opinion about the companies and developers is not the subject here.

I called my friend up, who plays all sorts of games, he simply stated this when I posed the question to him.
Are you joking? “Star Trek Fleet Command” is a mobile phone game! You can’t begin to compare it to any online PC MMO. You might as well be asking my opinion of “Bingo Blitz” versus “Call of Duty”.

and I will leave your discussion there and let you come to your own conclusions. Enjoy.

It’s an alright mobile game.

Nothing like EVE LOL.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.