EVE Online X Dune

Did you see the movie

Both the 1984 and the 2021 versions.

1 Like

Which do you like better

2021 one for sure. The 1984 plot was overloaded.

Totally agree. Plus 1984 was stupidly over dramatic, someone would probably have to be on shrooms just to understand the dream and trance sequences. The set design was really amazing though

1 Like

source?

i’m sure i read it from the declarations podcast, but I found this AMA on dr who reddit

CCP_Swift

OP·14 days ago

The Interstellar Convergence event was planned to run only once, as an homage to a great sci-fi title. Though plans can sometimes change, there are no plans for these pocket universes to come regularly.

In terms of other crossovers, only time will tell! It would have to go through some serious scrutiny from the Creative Director and our Narrative Design Team.

1 Like

This actually does clear up things a lot. Thanks

“Warning: A space-sandworm has swallowed your mining barge.”

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

loved dune which then just morphed into command and conquer and dust kind of merged eve and dune but they are 2 very different games

Imagine carrying Quafe “Spice Edition” in your cargohold …

3 Likes

DUST 514!!! :eyes:

New fps being worked on by team london

For the Nintendo Switch platform?

At least it will stick around for a while, and has motion controls.

Now carebears will be able to reliably simulate the act of crying by rotating the joy-cons near their eyes, after getting shot without providing explicit consent.

1 Like

Would be kind of spooky to have a Guild Navigator proclaim " The tears must flow" in EVE.

1 Like

Pc most likely. They are staying tight lipped.

Maybe it is vampires.

Why not just tie in political happenings with the different factions and shift gameplay with current events? I sometimes feel like things are a litmus test to gauge where people are.

1 Like

i actually liked it better than the 2021 version. sure, it was a B movie (or at least felt like one) but it DID have a video game based off it. (Emperor: Battle For Dune, Westwood Studios, 2001, R.I.P.) Gunseng Harkonnen looked a LOT like Feyd-Rautha, the Mentants looked very similar, hell, the cutscenes looked like they were torn straight out of the movie. Sure, 2021 looked and felt better, but it also had a much bigger budget.

1 Like