EVE: Phoenix - Chapter 4 Trailer Discussion

Greetings, fellow capsuleers!

Central Command Personnel (CCP) has just released the Quadrant 4 Trailer.
As far as I am concerned, I see a caldari-based fleet, with skinned ships, obviously meant to indicate the fact that they are capsuleer-piloted and not state ships, cynoing to a Fortizar and attacking it. There are some Rupure-hull ships involved – Minmatar side and some Gallente carriers, also skinned, also capsuleer piloted.

I see no sign nor indication of any triglavian involvement. My take on this is that Chapter 4 will be solely capsuleer (player) focused and lore will take a break.

The only odd thing I can point out are the effects on the Port and Starboard sides of the Wyvem.

What are your thoughts?

Trailer link:

Adrian Vexier – “Stay safe and fly dangerous!”

dat new clone vat bay seems dope! cant wait to hear more about it!

CCP are once again thinking of how to nerf supercapitals and under these shitty sauce they will serve another nerf . Come on, let’s see how many players the middle finger will show you after that with a blackout you have already played once.

Once again CCP will show that while their trailer making is usually quite excellent, their implementation and final product with its gameplay leaves much to be desired.

3 Likes

idk what that was at the end there but I made this face

edit: watching it again it looks like ships were docking and undocking from the wyvern at the beginning and I’m assuming those are some kind of reship/redeployment, which I guess is less offensive than the giant-space-priest-casts-mass-resurrection that it looked like.

3 Likes

The shape of New Eden has been altered forever in the aftermath of the Triglavian Invasion, so now it’s time to rise from the ashes in “Phoenix”, EVE Online’s Quadrant 4! Following on from the fantastic Fight or Flight, Eclipse, and Zenith Quadrants in 2020, Phoenix will end the year spectacularly with big changes to Supercarriers, continuous balance and meta changes, as well as the Crimson Harvest and Yoiul Festival events.

With their invasion now complete, the Triglavian Collective’s usurping of many star systems has changed the landscape of New Eden forever! Capsuleers have joined their cause, taken up arms against them, and in some cases have been forced to relocate to other systems.

EVE’s colossal Supercarriers will be getting a major update in the Phoenix Quadrant, including the introduction of the new Clone Vat Bay feature, allowing players to spawn ships directly from the Supercarriers themselves if they are taken out in battle! There will also be a significant visual update to Supercarriers in this update.

The highly popular Abyssal Proving Grounds will carry on into the Phoenix Quadrant, allowing Capsuleers to continue pitching themselves into intense PvP combat inside Abyssal Deadspace with different formats, specific ship classes, and leaderboards!

Phoenix will also bring with it various themed seasonal events, celebrations, and login campaigns, including the return of the Crimson Harvest, as well as the Yoiul Festival. There will also be new, ongoing daily challenges that will develop into a robust system, giving Capsuleers more reasons to undock and engage!

Keep your eyes peeled for even more news on what’s coming during the Phoenix Quadrant over the following weeks, including visual updates, meta changes, login campaigns, events and more.

In addition, the new Ascendant Phoenix and Blazing Phoenix Packs are now available to purchase for new and experienced players, marking the beginning of EVE Online’s Phoenix Quadrant! Act fast, though, as both packs are only available until 11:00 UTC on 1 December 2020!

Fly safe!

https://www.eveonline.com/article/qi72uh/phoenix-quadrant-4-begins-today?origin=launcher&utm_medium=app&utm_source=launcher&utm_content=en

I looked at the Blazing Phoenix one and now I feel really bad that I already wasted the little side-eye girl upthread.

4 Likes

I think it’s great they started using songs as trailer soundtracks.

Wrecking machine in Citadels trailer was super-awesome, this one All Good Things - Beginning Of The End is just normal-awesome.

How about we rename the super carriers to motherships. Just an idea :kissing_heart:

1 Like

thank god eve isnt the only space game cause eve is going the star wars galaxy route with shooting its foot surrounded by good competitors . duial universe,elite dangerous thats doing walking in stations better than eve did,no mansky, and star citzen.

1 Like

Literally a knee-jerk change to benefit Goonswarm. LOL! They aren’t even hiding the massive corruption/collusion betwen CCP and GSF that has always been there.

There is no point in even playing the game anymore. CCP just told PAPI to GFYS.

New, clean servers starting at 500k SP is the only thing that will save this game.

They were originally called mother ships

Why add a clone buy to Supercarriers when they are already in the Titans .

i still have a charge

3 Likes

That was his point.

1 Like

My thoughts are it is all what was shown is declared an exploit and you may as well use the fortizar to dock up in becuase if you try to go to the next system over you may or may not get killed by NPCs that you do not have positive standings with

3 Likes

Probably because CCP has other plans for the Titan that’ll be revealed down the line.

“Fleet, I resurrect thee!”

Boring. There was few guys shooting a citadel. Glorified POS bashing.

1 Like

CCP wanna check the definition of the word “fantastic”.

It doesnt mean what they seem to think it means.