EVE Portal Discontinued

There is only Neocom II for iOS. It doesn’t let you do much but check your market orders and wealth level.

o7 portal

/c

This was something I actually used on a semi-regular basis and now, and now it’s like the other useful tools and side apps that get broken, neglected and ultimately abandoned by CCP. To use parent-speak, I’m very disappointed in you, CCP.

3 Likes
1 Like

I never used Eve Portal but I may have a solution for some (not all) users. If you want to play Eve Online on your cell phone, you will need a Linux phone or access to the OS on a high security level.

This article explains how to install Steam to a Linux phone.

Personally I dropped Steam months ago and don’t plan to return. You could still install the Wine overlay without the Steam as I have done on my PC. The Wine overlay allows you to play Windows games in Linux OS. Wine itself is not an emulator as the name is an acronym for Wine Is Not Emulation.

I know this will not work for everyone, but maybe you have an old Android tablet to experiment on? I know if I was dead set to access Eve Online via a cell phone, I would do more research into this venue.

Hope this helps. o7

Why not then say…but we will develop a new one? Not enough budget?

1 Like

Open source it! If CCP can’t maintain it, I’m sure the community can (and probably even expand on it).

The only thing this app could do that others can’t is changing the skill queue. At least make that possible so other apps, like Evanova or Neocom, can implement this crucial feature.

PS: I know you could also make buy/sell orders for PLEX in Jita but I personally don’t care about this specific feature.

4 Likes

No word

Not sure we “need” a phone app, your phone has a browser, just open it lol

It’s what I have been saying for years, CCP doesn’t have any competent programmers anymore….

CCP doesn’t even know how to run their own games anymore.

Hire one guy to fix the app and it’s easy, but CCP has their head so far up their ass to run their company…

2 Likes

Not sure what that has to do with not wanting to support a mobile phone app when pretty much any phone can run all the apps you need to keep in touch with the game

1 Like

In what way? There is no Eve for the phone and they no longer offer Eve Anywhere.

It honestly doesn’t even sound like you know what you are talking about.

You just sound like someone that likes to say “black” when everyone else says “white” just to be “unique.”

1 Like

Neocom and evenova.

The only big differences between them and portal, is the skill queue

The app has reached Final Liminality

1 Like

“NEED” is a strong word.

More like We “WANT” a phone app.

Need is something you can’t live without in life. Like food or water.

1 Like

It was the only way I bought plex/you generated additional revenue from me. I won’t buy in game, not worth my time, poor value for me. Unfortunate decision with financial consequences.

That’s exactly what you sound like when you say things like:

“It’s what I have been saying for years, CCP doesn’t have any competent programmers anymore….”

“CCP doesn’t even know how to run their own games anymore.”

In recent months?

You abandoned that thing like a couple months after inception

And this wasn’t even the first try. The exact same thing happened to the previous attempt.

2 Likes

We knew that, CCP is not AAA company.

2 Likes

Honestly, this game is incredibly complex and nuanced and Ive played it for a long time. The Eve Portal App was decent enough, but the requirements of an app, needing to be compatible with different devices, operating systems and updated/deployed through a third party can get cumbersome indeed.

As a layman, The seemingly simple solution to this… perhaps we could have some sort of web based tool that could allow us to do simple things like modify skills, check market info, send/receive eve mails, and maybe even act as a pseudo-social media platform… Since we’re all from earth being launched into the world of New Eden… we could call it the Eve Gate!

Jus sayin’. :wink:

1 Like