EVE PVP - an epiphany

What good does information about an unfitted, unpiloted ship do me?

Parts marked bold contradict each other.

1 Like

No, they dont.

1 Like

Well, this is what Khergit Deserters is having trouble with.

The reason most people don’t solo pvp is that they are inherently ■■■■ at this game. Being part of a large alliance (preferably the largest there is, also the one that is already on the winning side) means that they can boast about how awesome they are, especially to themselves, while hiding their shittiness.

No really good pvper would ever want to be part of a massive alliance and be in the main fleet as a “grunt” .

Calling the weaponized lemmings in null security space “grunts” is quite an insult to grunts. Just saying . . .

1 Like

Op, you have never played a MOBA right?

Well, no. Im in a large alliance cause i want to make isk and fly with my friends. It makes it easier to make a lot of isk if you are in a sov holding nullsec corp, with access to mining and ratting in nullsec with relative safety.

I have alts. Plenty of them. That i play as solo, and in small pvp gangs. Its not always solo = good, because everyone picks up on how to PVP when they join fleets. Its certainly harder to PVP alone because being outnumbered 30 to 1 isnt a situation that you can always escape from, no matter how good you are. And it takes skill to FC a fleet too.

I consider Rooks and Kings as being amazing players, and they play in groups. Most people, even the really good PVPers, have some sort of affiliation with groups because they want to make isk and want to enjoy this game with friends.

Its the whole MMO part of the MMORPG aspect of EVE online. Its more enjoyable to play with friends. Why dont you try it sometime?

3 Likes

Real pros play 1v5. You see, all the tournaments, are shitty noobs, cause they all play 5v5.

I obviously ask because OP seems to think that players don’t want or can memorize the stats or basic role of ships, and yet some of the most popular games out there you need to memorize multiple skills, strategies and possible builds of 100+ heroes to master.

I just think he is projecting his own shortcomings on everyone else.

R&K is not a massive alliance, it has no grunts.

Apparently those guys are all just submarine commanders with years of tactical experience. No way that a mere 16 year old child could remember all those things.

1 Like

“Massive” is relative. They have 120 members, almost all active, which is a very large, if not massive amount of players, considering the average active players in a normal corp.

yeah that’s not massive, you’ll have to come up with a better example. I’m sure you’re intelligent enough to understand this, yes?

I’m quite new and I find it both a little daunting and absolutely fascinating. :slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t say that Eve solo PVP is bad, or that I hate it. My point was that it doesn’t have the intuitive feel of arcadey fighting, or even flight sim fighting. So it’s only going to appeal to a certain type of person.

Yeah, EVE is not an arcade or simulation game. There are such games and if you rather play those go for it. There are however quite a lot of people who like the way PvP in EVE works, including solo PvP.

Also the difficulty is not to know all those ships and be the best pilot in EVE, but to just be better than your opponent, which is rather easy most of the time because most people are really bad at EVE.

Well, I don’t really give a gobsmack about it, do I? Ye word twisters can carry on for as many ages as you want to. Eve pvp is fooking otaku/technical, crazy counter-intuitive, and if you want to play it, go ahead. Satisfied-like, biotches? Bob, just say something that is something like a thought, or shut yer gobs… Sheet or get yer arses off of the pot.

Spare us the dogma. I wouldn’t play EVE with my actual friends. And, I wouldn’t necessarily enjoy it more if I did.

Do you think masturbation is more enjoyable with your friends too? This is exactly the kind of mentality that takes the game’s development in a ruinous direction.

Because I have a “caustic personality”, apparently :frowning: