EVE PVP - an epiphany

Do you think it isnt?

3 Likes

Nothing says ‘I don’t care’ like opening a tread about it on EVE-O.

3 Likes

Its actually why solo pvp is more or less dead. Just like those solo warriors that lie dead after trying to kill dozens with only their swords and nothing else against others with pikes, halberds and battle axes.

Its so complicated and risk is so big you would want to diminish it by adding securities in a form of fleetmates that together in fleet work like a weapon teams that secure each other on the battlefield.

Its more like in rts than in a fps shooter.

I will not answer this question, letalone elaborate on the subject except to say this: I will not answer this question, letalone elaborate on the subject . . .

1 Like

Ah gotcha. Your secret is safe with me.

(Sorry for that cursing rant post. I work in a certain area of U.S. law that is currently pretty disfavored by the people at the top. Whichever side you happen to be working in and making your living on, it’s intense). This thread is dead, let’s move to the CCP purchased and waifu one. Whatahell if a waifu? How can I manage to get one?

My youngest son does this on moomoo.io. I’ve seriously seen him dismantle entire tribes in their own base. He’s a nightmare.
He doesn’t like EVE, though.

Brutal but, a good and intelligent answer … I hope he read it .

The bottom line is … most evening and weekend warriors will NOT find immediate gratification here with console type dive in and shoot em up ■■■■ … It is more than a casual game … it is a very very deep game CAREER … Welcome to EVE Online … If you want to be GOOD at something, you will have to skill it and practice it hard and long!

As a long term frigate PvP’er I can firmly say that this is one of the biggest misconception of PvP in EvE.

The numbers are only the baseline from which the encounter starts. What you do with those numbers and how you apply them has a much great impact on the outcome than the numbers themselves. Actually this pretty much applies to all PvP games I’ve ever played.

Or just throw enough bodies at a problem…

Of course doing so at the right target either takes good people skills… or really good multi-tasking skills for all your alts…

Hmmm…

Yep, you’re right.
Keep practicing, y’all!

–Gadget practices being Gadget

Actualy, like LoL indeed the game would be easier to get in with more good resources on the subject.

There are resources already, but they don’t address higher level matters, and they are not particularly easy to digest.

The game is not as difficult to understand as it seems. It’s easier than LoL I think, but few people do understand EVE pvp enough to explain it simply.

And then there is open pvp thing. But that is no different from all the survival games out there. I sometimes wonder why CCP doesn’t advertise this facet of their game actualy. It would attract the right kind of people.

Also we miss tutorials to learn people how to move their stuff and ass. Because the game get stale eventualy when you stay in one place for a long time. And you need to relocalize. And this is painful.

And people should open their minds too. Too many people think their space in New Eden is like every other space when actualy there are several whole different games in EVE. Wormhole, sov null, NPC null, high sec, lone wolf in each space will be different, and with two corps in the same place it can feel like two completely different games. Even five jumps away it can feel different sometimes. It’s like an already moded ecosystem of a game. Which can be confusing indeed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.