Eve’s death spiral & 4 more unsubs

The fact you think you should be able to do that shows just how bad you are at this…

2 Likes

The fact that you say that only proves you’re part of the problem for loss of player log-in’s.

Also thanks for proving my statement as correct.

What autopilot?
There is ONLY one glaring reason autopilot lands you 12k from the gate, to give people something to shoot at, it’s amazing how people say if you don’t move you’re a lazy player but somehow going 30 jumps is somehow something we should fully enjoy and manually do, jumping gates is about as exciting as mining.

2 Likes

Do all us service members and Veterans a favor, if you are going to whine, don’t mention this.

6 Likes

Damn, Pakhshi Tar and Manarq are located on a busy road between Dodixie and Jita… not backwater systems. Pirats are regularly seen in the area and you only need to look the number of daily jumps in Dotlan to realise it’s absolutely not a backwater system…

4 Likes

I have no idea where you have grabbed info about it being in Genesis, since OP have made no mentions of location himself, and the log of lost structures in sinq and essence seems to be fitting provided description. and I am not bored enough to be tracking structures that are still alive, but if things he speaks of were still alive his effort would be better directed at hiring defense fleet more than unsubbing already.

And within structures already lost by his corporation there is exactly one where any triglavian vessel was fielded - all the rest are a mix of Oracles and Vindicators. with odd destroyer here and there.

I’d agree that fleet of leshaks with nestors for logi would be a tad difficult to deal with without proper defense fleet, but for all information provided within the thread itself, and with their killboard at hand there is no indication that such event was going on. Especially considering the fact that OP is complaining about “half-hearted attacks”, and battleship fleet with logistics hardly counts as one.

as for PIRAT stuff - I’m not exactly up to date with politics of big HS entities, which may be partly why I wouldn’t know about siege of supposedly still alive “engineering hub” of OP’s corpo.

As for “backwater” high sec areas - I know of a corporation that has a number of structures anchored in the HS that were for the better part of the year in Low Power mode because barely anyone was even logging in. And none of these structures were ever touched by anyone. And THIS is how backwater high sec is like.

I see your point it has well over 8 times the number of jumps that my backwater has so in that case it is not a backwater and they got their placement very wrong. I don’t pay much attention to Gallente space by the way, thanks for the education.

They lost T2 Standup fighters to PIRAT in that system and you can see the Leshaks on the killmail

Decent reply, sorry for the grumpiness, go people and places, then Search character on Luminetta, open character info then click to corp, see war history, open that up and you will see the losses and location in the PIRAT war.

3 Likes

oh right, my bad, I failed to notice those.

This kind of reminds me when my friends corp was placing themselves “on the side” and by sheer accident they ended up on highway between amarr and closest null entry system. But they weren’t bothered by anyone really since they moved out of that road.

Still, Leshak fleet with Logies (!) is hardly something I’d call “half-hearted attack” especially when You take into consideration that it is high-sec after all.

1 Like

Agreed.

Sadly this is above most people in hisec and you are right it is not half-hearted, I feel for him because you can’t really defend against PIRAT unless you can pull in a lot of friends. So he should think about this a bit more.

well the thinking is quite easy to do :
don’t anchor what you can’t afford to replace.

Citadels are ■■■■ defense. Even a tutorial NPC is more of a threat.
Your citadel WILL fall. You can’t do anything against people who want to make it fall, for the simple reason that they can always out number you. It’s just no point in defending them unless you have 100+ people ready to fight for the timer. Trying to defend it otherwise is just wasting your time and giving the aggressor more people to shoot at.

So accept the loss, and understand that each citadel WILL be destroyed. But you can replace it if you want.
A raitaru is 1B. aggressor will get 10M isk from it if you remove all module (but one and fuel for it : reprocessing facility is 20M). Make them waste their time. If you try to defend you are at loss. Put each structure in a different one-alpha-corp, so that every time they want to kill you structure, they have to pay 60M for war + the time to kill it.

If you can’t afford to spend 1B per month in a new structure that is gonna be blown up, then use NPC stations.

5 Likes

I’m sure it may have been said already but you just described the very essence of Eve. It is not a forgiving universe. Players can scam other players, grieve them at will in most cases. All facts that you and your fellow players that are leaving all were probably aware of before you began working out how to setup and defend your structure.

Really no different then saving up isk buying a new ship, firing it and getting shot down your first time taking her out. Happens all the time.

Grats on making a whine thread and thanks for leaving as there is no place for you here.

1 Like

Oh FFS, if u can’t defend it don’t put it up in the first place. BTW Aufay/Balle and the other systems u lost ur structures are not hisec backwaters, jeez.

2 Likes

So if i play fortnight all the time and you only play casually, will i not be better than you?

If i have more friends than you, will we not be stronger together than you?

The ‘problem’ here is that people are trying to treat eve like another MMO. But forget what you think you know about other MMO’s with the hand holding, the non-pvp options and farming et al. Eve is NOT other MMO’s. It is a pvp sandbox, like a persistent battle royale. Once these people learn to accept that they’ll be happier and so will we.

Epic fights in a general sense is one thing, but that’s not to say small or solo players don’t have their epic moments. We all have stories, and far more of them involve ‘weak’ hunters and prey than you’re willing to admit.

They may not be important in a wider sense but they are very important to the individuals involved.

Any healthy eco system had weak predators that hunt weak prey. In fact it’s pretty essential in something like eve to make such a food chain, or it can be pretty difficult for a pvp corp to ‘progress’.

Regardless, the OP and his corp put upba structure and by doing so declared themselves ready for wardecs.

Good riddance.

1 Like

That’s a completely stupid statement. There will always be someone able to shoot your structure.

1 Like

Yet some can defend them. Doesn’t change the fact that if you lack the ability to defend it either don’t put it up or accept the fact that if you do, it might get destroyed.

Does not change that if people should not put the structure without the ability to defend it, then nobody would.

“Ability to defend it” =/= “ability to defend it against all conceivable attacks”.

then it’s a meaningless term, and thus a stupid affirmation.

1 Like