EVE Serenity needs CCP's attention

persephanie mae likes to troll. she is an alt of a character that was probably banned from at least forums.

1 Like

It had been years since the last patch on Serenity, and CCP have never made any actual progress on that, nor had any player had any clue on what actually go wrong. (I had made a few speculations, but without solid evidence)
Sadly, as I had stated in another post, petitioning in this forum barely do anything.
https://forums.eveonline.com/uploads/short-url/ovlJqY0GLjhwNOM70JXlVHR6zdl.jpg

5 Likes

Yeah, I pretty agree with that, I’ve seen games sticking to 2008 playstyle/visual styles being well alive, so Serenity isn’t the worst I think.

Don’t know what is going now, but the state of existing localizations are concerning too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/540pdd/russians_appeal_to_hilmar_localization_status/

2 Likes

so, will the world sever add Chinese in its language options?

1 Like

There is no sign of CCP encouraging serenity players to migrate to tranquility yet.

1 Like

lmao. I have no clue how to translate this(to a funny way) but this is hilarious. It literally says “Serenity server: CCP just publishes your new versions, if serenity updates I lose.”

1 Like

As i mentioned in another thread, ive always been able to access EVE without a VPN while in China. I did not use any sort of foreigner only service. Most commonly I used either my in laws hone connection, Starbucks, or various free mall networks.

CCP uses a third party because most business within China must be conducted through a majority owned Chinese firm.

Amusingly the one thing I did have to use a VPN for was to pay for EVE because I kept having my transaction blocked by CCP/bank for originating in China.

I’d still love to get a breakdown of the Chinese corps and alliances and their origins on tranquillity.

And if anyone is in Shenzhen and wants to have a meetup.

I go to Hong Kong several times a year and occasionally visit Shenzhen. :smirk:

Wake up. They don’t even ban bots on tranquility.

1 Like

New Update:
Ultra surprisingly, Serenity is getting an update tomorrow. (first time in almost two years!!)

But --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, what is being updated, are probably only several ship skins…(As Tiancity called it “a minor update”)

:roll_eyes:

More gold ships?

– Golden Gadget

If you read their news containing “版本更新公告” you should be familiar with their wording. If they actually update to a version they will say"updated to Version YC***.* on Tranquility"(届时将会同步更新至世界服线上版本YC***.*) This time it probably is gonna be another so-called “minor update”(小幅更新) that doesn’t actually change the game. I guess they are probably just adding a few bonus SKINs of the last event which they haven’t already(https://eve.tiancity.com/homepage/article/2018/01/10/54308.html) to the game. You can see on http://www.eve-offline.net/?server=serenity that serenity is still on Version: 14.08.1153707 - EVE-SERENITY@optic.
This event called “double new year event”(https://eve.tiancity.com/event/2017/1220event/) is pretty meager in reward compared to the previous one. The key is still that you have to PLEX to participate in it in the first place(remember Serenity doesn’t have Alphas yet). Glad they are still trying to make money.
You’ll have complete the following 7 challenges:

1. Do 5 missions:
  2. Visit one of the landmarks in EVE
  3. Complete 3 Industry jobs
  4. Have a Command Center on a planet
  5. Transport one of Janitor, Dairy Products and Spiced Wine to one of 4 SOE stations
  6. Earn 10 ticks of pirate bounties
  7. Invite a buddy and have he/she buy game time :money_mouth_face: LOL you know the trick

For completing 5 challenges you get Astero*1

For completing 6 challenges you get Stratios Bluepprint Copy*1, Sisters Core Probe Launcher*1, Sisters Core Probe*8

For completing 7 challenges (that is you have to invite a guy who pay for the game) you get 1m SOE LP, Gold Magnate (Gold Magnate is not as rare as on Tranquility but still several bil on Serenity price) YC120 SKIN*1 and a chance for lucky draw for 5m CONCORD LP.

Turns out that the “update” is just another event that sells 4 Limited Edition SKINs
https://eve.tiancity.com/homepage/article/2018/02/07/54500.html
Tiancity claims that those SKINs were designed by designers from CCP. Well, maybe instead of applying patches to Serenity CCP found selling new SKINS more profitable?

There is gradient effect so it must be CCP work.

Sorry for taking a while to respond, it’s better to have as much information as you can before you do so.

I’ve been speaking with a few of our guys in Shanghai as well as Hilmar this week.

We’re currently working on plans for Serenity going forward, to make sure that Serenity will be online, active and up to date for many years to come.

While we can’t say anything specific right now (all kinds of details on working with partners and stuff that we need to consider, and timing announcements properly), we’ll hopefully have more information soon.

I’m intrinsically aware that the lack of updates to Serenity have raised concerns among our players in China.

We’re working to remedy the situation at present :slight_smile:

Sorry I can’t give more information at this stage, hopefully we’ll be able to reveal more soon.

7 Likes

Glad to hear a CCP response. I hope this won’t be forgotten after a few months like previous CCP employees’ statements, like the previous one I had posted(An anxious player from Chinese server asking for support) and

Q&A session at December 2016 player gathering, Source:http://news.uuu9.com/china/201612/398387.shtml

(My own opinions in Italic)

Q:世纪天成是否拒约?
Is Tiancity terminating its contract[with CCP]?

A(should be one of those five guys in above picture, anyone recognize?):没有收到任何合同到期和截止的消息,请大家不要多虑,和CCP的工作很融洽,版本差距只有一个月,说明有良好的合作关系。
We haven’t received any notification about termination of contract. Please don’t panic. We are working pretty well with CCP, and Serenity is only one month behind, so there is a good cooperation after all. (LOL after one year of this statement)

Q:欧服是无限试玩版本,是否会在国服实现?
Will the Free-to-play patch be online on Serenity?

A:欧服的版本,目前的情况是,需要收集大量BUG,但是这个版本会有多种的考虑,为了保质保量的推出,要针对本地化的一些变化,所以还希望玩家保持期待的心情,有任何消息都会通过新闻发布渠道进行公布。欧服11月15日上线了试玩的版本,正在观察欧服带来的一些变化,希望以一个完美的版本来呈现给大家。
[Concerning] the Tranquility patch we were currently working on collecting bugs, but we had many considerations toward this patch. To ensure its quality we need to do some adaptation to some localization changes, to so we hope the players to be patient, and we will release any information by news release channel (LOL again). The test version was online on November 15th and we are observing the changes on Tranquility, hoping to give players a good patch.

Q:早上在CCP提供的视频当中,很少有女性角色,这样容易让男性玩家忽视女玩家的需求,增加了女玩家的流失率,所以,请问有计划为游戏设置更多的女性元素,来吸引女性玩家吗?
In the CCP video this morning there are very few female characters[/players], which would make male players neglect female players needs and increase the rate of female player quitting. Do you have plans to put more for-female contents to attrack female players?

A:总体来说,电子游戏行业以男性的工作人员比重偏大,而CCP得工作人员更多高于行业的平均水平,增加女性元素是一个非常有挑战的事情。
Generally speaking, gaming industry had been skewet toward males, and CCP employees had been above the industry average, it is a good challenge to put more for-female contents.

Q:目前的改版是针对欧服,对于国服来说是不符合国服行情,在国服一家独大的情形,对于新人来说很难融入。CCP能否针对国服玩家做一些改变?
The current patch is for Tranquility, and may not suit Serenity. The big blue donut makes it hard for newbies to thrive in the game. Can CCP make some changes for Serenity players?

A:首先开发人员有一个不可忽视的因素是,不同国家的人数特别多,碎片化的势力分布,玩家基数大。但是近期几个版本,已经针对这个问题做了很多的改变,能让小部分的玩家影响大的格局。我们现在会继续关注玩家反馈,文化因素,从EVE的核心和关键,影响整个宇宙的,只是玩家本人,CCP会提供一些工具,但是最终对于这个世界的变化,还是要靠玩家本身。
At first the developer must consider the fact that diverse countries [on Tranquility] had a large playerbase and fragmented. But last few patches had made many changes regarding the problem, which make it easier for minority groups to affect the larger picture. We will continue to monitor player feedbacks and cultural factor. Still, CCP will provide the tools but it depends on the players to change the world [of EVE].

Q:国服的API什么时候能上线?能让普通的非官方网站得到信息?
When will API be online on Serenity? to enable websites access to the information?
A:关于数据,EVE的团队对数据还是很敏感,平时在运营对数据研究的很透彻,在API上面我们都在做相应的努力,升级了一些工作,已经在慢慢投入,坦诚布公的说,EVE对于私有API的准备会持续进行,在我们的努力下不会等太久。
Regarding the data, the EVE team were quite sensitive about data and we adequately studied the data. We were doing some update and already investing into it. Honestly, EVE is working on private API, and it will not be long before our effort.(LOL I don’t think they finished working on API too)

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, which is very important for Serenity players.

I would like to explain a little more:
This is not my personal concern, but the concern of every Serenity player. But Serenity players do not know how to talk to the CCP, so I think I should be the one to do it.
The concerns of Serenity players are very urgent, please do not let them wait for a long time.
Without CCP’s support, Serenity players are currently considering: 1. If Serenity will never be updated, give up EVE, living in PIBC’s pig farm is boring anyway. 2. Join Tranquility, but give up your own assets and 100 million skill points as well as Serenity’s player community.

2 Likes

Would you, or someone else, like to go for CSM? A CSM for Serenity/Chinese players? Yeah, I know it’s proabably not the way CSM works, but it could be a better way to convey Chinese player’s sounds.