EVE Serenity needs CCP's attention

The laws in China are relaxing & a foreign server may soon be allowed. I imagine Tranquility will just take precedent with all Serenity assets getting dumped into Jita, station of choice or simply the closest NPC station to Serenity assets in Tranquillity.

Unlikely, there are items in the serenity DB that straight up don’t exist here in terms of skins, not to mention with botting being allowed there the resulting influx of stuff would cripple TQ’s market, there won’t be any kind of merger of assets and without assets people won’t want to transfer at all as having a character with 100mil SP and no money isn’t really what players will want

3 Likes

I may explain the reason for that (Although the reason was not announced by authority)

With the upgrade of “Alpha Clone state” in 2016, more players will probably keep joining the Serenity, which would probably cause an enormous preesure to the Serenity server.

> But we have only one time zone in Serenity!

the utilization of Serenity can not be as high as which in Tranqulity, and we used to nearly have the same numbers of players (20K) as Tranqulity but for a much shorter time in one day. which will cause nearly the same pressure to the server.

So the cost of maintainance charge will be a huge problem, The sci-fi game in China (Even around the world) is not popular at all. The Update will surely increase the charge of maintainance but will not probably increase the number OMEGA Players. Why would you expect the Tiancity to update the game with the risk of increasing the maintainance charge without much possiblity of earning more money?

I guess maybe it’s best to upgrade everything but just without the “Alpha Clone State” .

Personal Suggestion(Explaination) but I may discuss with you as long as you don’t troll.:no_mouth:

Its strange, chinese players can play for free on Tranquility, right? IP from china is not blocked and you dont have to use VPN. But we have not seen big amount of players from China. Is that because we have no chinese community and translation on Tranquility? :thinking:

1 Like

Hard titty for Tranquility. Plenty of alliances in TQ are built on botting. CCP is not going to throw 10’s of thousands of China players when Tinacity drops their licence sub, that is jsut a fact. TQ will need to suck it up. CCP can’t afford a ‘‘region lock China’’.

For all my moaning about T2BPO’s over the years I welcome Serenity, I wonder why? :slight_smile:

Just a couple more things I’d like to clarify,

I don’t live in China, but it is a fact that the government is restricting the internet intensively rather than giving it more freedom.

From what I’ve heard, whether a VPN is required or not depends on the region. The ratio of yes and no is approximately 3:1.

The reasons for Serenity receives no update are still unclear, but Tiancity did quote something about the alpha clone.(which I am not sure if that is the real reason) Their servers are fine(in 2014), which could hold about 3000 players in a single system.

And the idea to merge Serenity to Tranquility is still only a concept… so it may not happen ever.

Also just to show the level of boringness, here is a map of how many coalitions still exist in Serenity. (Blue represents PIBC forces and red is the one against them)

2 Likes

VPN is required to play or just to have no lag? Because what I have heard is that you dont need VPN to play, only it can help reduce lag in the game.

Difference is, their botting is backed up by RMT being allowed over there and not over here :stuck_out_tongue:

CCP won’t have much choice but to drop them, they aren’t going to merge ANY assets over and merging characters would be a nightmare, that again, without assets would be pretty pointless, not sure why you think CCP won’t drop the players that have nothing to do with them, CCP only license the code to tiancity, they have no other dealings with them, its not going to be merged

3 Likes

Merging assets is a sure no-no. Serenity players were given heaps of different items along the years. It looked crazy really, nothing what CCP would ever do on Tranquility. If CCP have never done that here, then I dont know why they would take responsibility for what Tiancity have done. Simple.

1 Like

Forgive me for being cynical early, but I found this meme quite resembles how CCP and Tiancity would feel about complaints:

1 Like

I dont think CCP is the same as Tiancity, EVE players as consumers is a margin for Tiancity and for CCP its still a great part of their consumers. CCP may ignore small things, but I dont think its a small thing.

Pretty sure it’s for both. The Internet is just so unstable in China. I’d say if Chinese players want a truly stable connection then VPN is a must.

Also speaking of migrating. Honestly, assets are probably the least concern on the list. Because you could always get rid of the valuable ones sooner or later. (I already sold 40b isk worth of PVP ships and stuff in Serenity within a month) A lot of Avenger Union’s players are currently trying out Tranquility as well, and most of them don’t even care about their goods are being left behind in Serenity.
The account itself is the most important thing, such as skill points. (in my opinion).

1 Like

So they wil have advantage in SP and assets when Serenity closes. They could be a power here, greater than their oponents that will come later. :thinking:

3 Likes

Now that’s a blue donut!

2 Likes

thank God, maybe this means Rooks n Kings will come home.

stop wasting money on serenity, start injecting on tq

believe me, if serenity closes and pibc migrates, they are gonna get a very warm welcome from the west… it’s only their reward.

I don’t think the Chinese authorities will allow players to merge/join TQ, vpn’s are going to be banned so nothing will be comming out of China soon, other than state sanctioned media. I don’t think Eve is high on the list of priority’s for the Chinese authorities.

does serenity clean out abandoned accounts, or are they permanent like tq?

wondering if I could recover my account hmmm

edit: I remember my account name, but I have no bloody clue what the password could be. I’ve tried variations on anything I may have used int he past. and their forgotten password link apparently wants the chinese ID# i used to make the account =(

oh well

The legislation although banning VPN’s is opening to foreign media & gaming. If there is no obligation for local hosted servers then CCP is very likely to merge SISI with TRANQ. Anyway I’m just gonna leave this topic here now with a, ‘I told you so.’