EVE Vegas was pitiful and makes me feel this game has no future

Putting EVE into mainstream mode is the only reasonable chance of survival this game has in todays market…

I’m saying this for years and i still cannot see the wrongness in this…

But i’m sure you will enlighten and introduce me into “the only way EVE is played right” as your type always does…
And your type will do this until you and your maybe 3k other believers are alone on this server because all reasonable players have left it annoyed…

Then you can have your holy land and constantly gank each other in an endless loop of PVP “as it should be”…

Brave new EVE…

4 Likes

Please stop. Maybe it’s funny for you to feed troll but some people actually want to talk here. There is no point in trashing another topic.

3 Likes

You mean since 2008.

Huh. And here I, a bittervet, actually am looking at EVE’s future more hopefully and positively than in years. Sure, there were no “jesusfeatures” planned but I guess people have forgotten that those were taken off the menu years ago because of player outrage in the first place and feedback that little iteration on everything frequently is better than big expansions over a long period of time. But I guess those need to come back to satisfy a new generation of players who’ve forgotten (or indeed werent there in ) the past?

I overall liked what I heard about fixing the dumb, stopping the bleed, and getting rid of bots and cheaters. And I am cautiously positive about the idea of themed, timed development cycles. I dunno, I kind of sensed renewed interest and passion from the devs themselves towards the game, but maybe that’s just me.

Well, I am hoping for the best for EVE, unironically, for the first time in years.

11 Likes

I’m not dissapointed because I didn’t expect fireworks. CCP don’t want to do roadmap? They shows us roadmap like plan. They working on something big but they won’t show us. They made polls about what is wrong and super is one of the thing - let’s add more of them in form of triglavians idiotism. Blackout clearly was a mistake let’s getting retard and make 100% loot drop to piss on HS. At least they hide that joker Hilmar.

Who advising them how those presentation are done. They lack common sense. What it should be: we working on big feature X it will be released when ready, in the meantime we do smaller features A, B, C.

Edit: post may be on whine side but I’m fairly possitive. CCP know situation is bad and they are taking steps to make it better.

7 Likes

Maybe they are trying to figure out how to get out of the corner they painted themselves into years ago.
Doubtful though. Realization needs to come first.

1 Like

Yes, ma’am! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Did you know that suicide gankers benefit from this the most?
Oh … you do! :smiley:

Did you notice how the dev in the latest video addressed gankers directly?
You might have! :smiley:

Do you know that gankers are people too,
who also deserve getting some love every now and then?
No! You don’t! :smiley:

2 Likes

So the keynote was bad and a missed opportunity by CCP to announce big plans and potentially win back players following the BO debacle…With that said, there are a few items that CCP brought up on Saturday that raised the prospect for an improvement:

a) anti-caps bombs. Although not official, that is one thing that could be a game changer relating to null sec sov fights and the potential for corps/alliances (including small entities) to fight on more or less equal footing vs big entities

b) the AMA was in my mind a positive event. Although I still believe CCP is pulling after-BO stats out of their asses in order to save face and not acknowledge publicly their stupidity, the AMA showed CCP as knowledgeable and overall many of their answers did make sense. I especially liked the one item CCP RIse (I believe it was him) said he would like to do: have caps restricted from some of null sec…
Definitely aware that it may not happen, but the fact he even mentioned it, that is somewhat encouraging for the future. At least in my mind.

The rest of the items (new player fixes, the"fix stupid", the bookmarks, the wallet) were all positive, but underwhelming.

6 Likes

Adam4EVE actually confirms this. Did so during the BlackOut, still does right now. The only significant change was that the number of NPCs killed within a 24h time frame dropped by half, which is around five million kills per day.

Five. Million. NPC Kills.

You’re free to look it up yourself.

1 Like

Star citizen is where it’s at.

It’s just not there yet. Get in soon and in a couple of years when the tech merges the game will be the real deal.

Adorable. You think Star Citizen will ever be even half of what they’re promising after all this time? They’re even bigger liars than CCP.

9 Likes

After however many years, I dont know if Star Citizen will ever be a real game…And i know it is playable right now, but when one continues to reset at every update…

1 Like

And why would you want that?

And yet what they have got is still better than a dead end flogged horse like this game.

It’s only an opinion, but all great games have to start somewhere.

This game has lost it’s macro nutrients by moderators and the like killing off emergent gameplay .

They should have left well and good alone in my opinion.

Space sorts itself out. Not some overbearing brand monkeys gagging the last breath of a game passed it’s use by date really.

1 Like

Eve is in safe hands.

You are in it.

The anti-cap bombs will be almost useless in sov fights. 300k damage each is still 120 bombs to kill a titan, or 60 for a tanked supercarrier, and that’s before fleet boosts. They need to be staggered at 1km intervals, if they fly 1 km/s that’s 2 minutes of launching bombs to deliver enough. Meanwhile FAX are repping the titan, HAWs and fighters are hazing your heavy bombers (big lol if these end up on battlecruisers), and a handful of Jackdaws will effectively screen any bombs within range.

But I’m probably wrong. I’m sure CCP thought this through and I’ll look stupid if another sov fight ever happens again.

3 Likes

Have to see if it will actually happen and how they are going to make it work.

I’m sure there will be plenty of free SP giveaways.

3 Likes

YOU guys are depressing. All Indy fuctions of EVE need to dye. PLAY EVE TILL THE LAST ROUND!

1 Like