EVE Vegas was pitiful and makes me feel this game has no future

Not trying to discourage anyone from keep posting in this or any other thread about the future of EvE or lack thereof, but just so you know, you may just keep playing the game if you happen to like it (I for one do). :wink:

How long EvE will remain alive is only a concern if you become too attached to it, which would be a mistake anyway even if it had a brilliant and healthy future — not saying it doesn’t either, mind you.

6 Likes

you cannot compare Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen which are new generation games with EVE first of all. this game has been kicking since the 2000’s with its own ups and downs in development. its obvious that in time those games will have more improvements over the mechanics and more content because they follow a different vision of what a Space Simulation game is about.

CCP does what it can to provide new content, thus the Triglavian stuff being churned out. and this will probably be the content flagship as they follow the vision that is depicted in the Keynote, with players being able to potentially settling up in the Abyss. i dont know what more content you expect from them for the other areas of space.

-they tried to spice up encounters with FOBs -> people whined
-they tried to add pirate shipyards with faction capital drops -> people whined

some argue the devs dont know what to do, it may be true but right now it seems they have a direction set with the current content pass and they are sticking to it so the community isnt in position to complain as they are one of the main drivers on why the company has to change their decisions regarding new stuff being put on the game.

the only thing you can do is wait to see what the Quadrants in 2020 will bring and check the few updates that will come on what remains of this year. balance changes is always a good thing, better try to adjust rather than let things broken for years on end.

2 Likes

Really, and which direction is that, into the abyss?

3 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

If you are waiting for content, aka Merry Go Round, you are in the wrong game.

1 Like

Well, one solution to so many supers is to not have ability to inject into them , but they never do that cause “money”. Capital bombs are good idea if introduced properly, HAWs must go away. Supers must be vulnerable to smaller hulls, so there will have to something like RL Aegis system.

Something about new triglavian structures was mentioned, weather effect maybe?

3 Likes

[Citation Needed[ but okay.
When the last time you decided to spend $100+ on a subscription based game that you’ve never played before because the the devs fixed some database issues. Don’t overestimate meaningless crap. Most people don’t care about teiricide.

This was EVE Vegas, the biggest event this year CCP had.

What I had listened to, was nothing great and no hype was builded up for anything.

They have not enouf people to even think of something big like at the times of Incarna.

6 Likes

It’s not “Maintenance mode”.
It’s “Krabs and bots” mode. Which, like very “browser game” that attracts such people, is practically designed to run in a maintenance mode. Meaning, you have little to do while it makes money.
Sure sure. “Muh CODE.!” Of course there are. The afk hauler and the mining Krab are bottom feeders and there’s always some predators on the bottom to take the slow or unlucky onces. But with those I was able to have an adult convo with, they even admit that the glory days are behind them.

The “balancing” has been a horror. It’s all the same ship with a different 3D model. But we can put skins on them now. Yeah that helps.

They tried blackout and realized that the toast is buttered on the Krab side of things. That’s what they want now. There is not even lore and backstory any more. An entire sci fi genre that had chronicles, videos, and novels, was simply left to die all for Krabism.

But the market has expanded and new ideas are out there. It’s not like real engaged players don’t have somewhere else to go.

6 Likes

Well, CCP is a company of 250 employees. If it is too hard for them to do a baller feature and long announced and regularly delayed features at the same time, we are in trouble… Oh wait, we are in trouble for the last 3 years. Personally, I do not care what most people think. What matters first is what the currently playing people think. If they keep bashing the game and the developer over and over and over, not even the dumbest, flashiest feature like these stupid Abyssal things that no one is using and that CCP had to buff and make safer so that people would actually start using them help to bring in more people. If you have a slightly less vexed community, you also get more people in because positivity spreads, too. Not just negativity.

Your citation when people started to pay for meaningless fixes? Crucible created a nice player influx and it was just a huge maintenance update.

Do you know what would help EVE? Less of these developers and more of CCP karkur and her team, who have actually worked and delivered countless of improvements, bug fixes, changes for the better for EVE instead of jerking off on social media.

2 Likes

So all this new and exciting content is going to amount to…

Yes. As always. As ever: more farming content.

Just like wormholes
Just like incursions

I’m not complaining. I’m just realizing what the goal is. I can hope, but I’m not resubbing.

What I am doing is building my own pulse induction metal detectors and actually doing IRL what I used to do in Eve. Back when I played Eve I didn’t have the knowledge and resources. Though I once knew a teenager who was big on Guitar Hero. So I said to him “Well who are you if I pulled the plug right now?”
So he learned how to play a real guitar and last I checked he was a musician playing gigs and dating hotties.
For me, it’s more of a matter of deciding that RL accomplishments are better than a hangar full of relics in a game that becomes insignificant over time. Honestly write from the comfortable position of bias: I can say it’s not what it used to be and discard it because it not all that I have in life. It’s just a game after all (the gankers were right) and if a fellow finds himself caring about an MMO so much he needs to think about things more.
It would be nice to entertain myself with an actual game I like for those days when all is done or the body is tired while the mind wants explosions or something. I get that from playing the old Halo games once in a while now.

As for MMOs, it’s just not happening any more. The shine is gone. And I don’t know if the problem with MMOs is because they all went to Krabistic money-grabbing crap or the audience all turned into NPCs.

You mean the summer of rage? It was because excessive monetization paired with promising the walking in station jesus feature for years and just delivering a single room without any gameplay while the actual game was completely broken, literally (not as a joke) unplayable.

No one asked for them to abandon jesusfeatures, but to fix the game and not promising some incredible amazing stuff and then deliver an empty shell of an expansion that will never get iterated on.

There are so many unfinished wanabe jesus features still left in this game CCP doesn’t even have to come up with something new. How about iterating on PI and actually making it multiplayer like it was “planed” a decade ago? How about actually fixing wardecs instead of crippling them? How about iterating on locator agents and watchlist? How about fixing the ridiculous Citadel proliferation because of the stupid gameplay they offer? And so on…

Those things would actually look like they still care. But at the moment it looks like maintenance mode all the way.

I mean that new dreadnaught looks nice, but how many players will actually have something from that feature? 100? More? Less? How about working on stuff someone will actually play?

2 Likes

Too many to count.

1 Like

Complaining about complainers making complains about complaining.

This is everything we take out of this thread…

Yeah, I know. I was there. Ironically, though, the monetization crept in since then and few people complain anymore.

It’s not a fruitful line of inquiry. Walking in Stations, integration with Dust 514, VR, endless “we’re working on a decent NPE”, endless “we’ve got something great coming up next year”.

CCP is like any corporation - when they’re floundering they toss out some hopeful sounding chat because saying anything at all is better than saying nothing. Even if you’re going to get roasted for it later.

What CCP has done poorly in the past is (fairly) irrelevant. The only thing they (and we) should be concerned about now is “what do we do now that is possible and achievable with our reduced resources that can benefit the game?”.

Forget trying to rake them over the coals for past shortcomings - unless you are using it as a springboard to highlight what they need to be doing now.

CCP literally does not know how to fix what is broken in the game, and the only things they have ever listened to are “dollars coming in” and “dollars not coming in anymore”, and occasionally to mass protest/demands by the player base.

Find a ‘fix’ you can support. Get 700 other players to support it too. Make noise.

Move forward, not backward.

8 Likes

To continue on the Vegas talk, the EVE Friendship Machine talk was interesting

3 Likes

I’m playing the game since last Saturday, basically daily.

I enjoy killing people.
I enjoy talking to people.
I enjoy killing people I talk to.
I enjoy talking to people I kill.

Everyone else isn’t going to enjoy next week’s 100% lootdrops event.

I will.

Join me!

I am absolutely amazed how I appear to be part of a tiny amount of vets
who throws away the chains of old and enjoys the game again.

The problem was all in my head and now it’s gone.

There’s still plenty of others, but this one is gone!
:blush:

6 Likes

Fun Fact: The Jita Riots perfectly coincided with the summer solstice!

1 Like