Eve! What have you done?

At lest I don’t cut sentences so they fit my narrative.
I’m still waiting for some counterarguments on how more isk nad SP wins over experienced players.

If it looks like a whine and quacks like a whine, it’s a whine…

You did exactly that seven posts ago.

It’s like you people think that what you say is not easily proven a lie by simply looking at your previous posts.

1 Like

you tried to disprove the claim that skill wins battles by “but hurrdurr f1 monkeys dun take skills”

and I am telling you that it’s not f1 monkeys that win anything.

can’t say it in any simpler language.

I feel you. Yes, there are certainly P2W elements in EVE, game design and stimuli to catch up built on business model known as opiate economics, yet there are limitations, hence the whole thing about P2W in EVE isnt that simple.

The frogs are being gradually boiled over the years. Boiling frogs is part of business model shift. EVE has been changing and likely it had to change in order to prevail. You and many others are washout of the change and likely inevitable washout for the change to materialize.

We are like people of Renaissance era resisting upcoming Baroque age. Ain’t gonna happen.

Cheers,

1 Like

:clap:

I don’t play EVE. EVE plays me.

while some people only complain , others have fun
you know amamake? meme amamake
images
one of the most dangerous eve systems ever??
well we just took it for the glorious amarr empire , lots of pew and fun, NO QQ

i think our way is better

1 Like

Everyone thinks their way is better. So…that’s what you have to add?

I guess I just associate pay to win with acquiring something with money that is either not available in the game or is better than the equivalent item in the game and gives the purchaser an actual in game advantage. SP just isn’t that. Nobody gets SP through any sort of accomplishment or effort. It just appears, constantly, all the time. I don’t quite understand how you can be mad that it’s possible to purchase something that appears in your account all by itself even if you never log in.

Almost every MMO I have ever played has some sort of catch up mechanic for new players to be able to jump into the game and interact on some rudimentary level with the players that have been there for years. The 1.5 million SP pack doesn’t even come close to something like most other MMOs games have in that regard. I get that people don’t like that CCP said they wouldnt and if that’s the argument fine, but I just don’t get the P2W thing

1 Like

yes …
edit:
to be more specific , i told in the last post why i think having fun is better than complaining
i think you missed that
btw there is some users of this forum that let me in a catch 22
i dont like to point other peoples errors , but i notice that the most critical about the game are those who have less experience or palpable presence in the game
Eve is one of my favorite games ever and i fell the urge to defend it, but i don’t want to show some evidences that most of the usual crying players here are a bunch of idiots, i fell no pleasure in embarrass people publicly ,sometimes i really want to post some screenshots to show who is who, i think some guys here lack self-consciousness, and pretend to know what they don’t, this can be misleading to other new players who enter this forums but cant fool most of the veterans here for one second
this gets so tiring :frowning:

2 players both with similar knowledge of the game, 1 is rich in RL and the other isn’t. The rich one has a huge advantage over the other as the rich one can buy as much PLEX as they want and as many accounts as they want and it won’t even be painful on their wallet.

It’s not the player that makes it P2W it’s what you can do with RL money and what the game allows you to do with that money.

1 Like

Like Black Dessert Online ohh I forgot thats also Pearl Abyss! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

If you want to make the challenge of it you can easily play eve without paying a dime. Maybe you need to get out of alpha status to do it…there’s ways. If you want to sit in alpha state and complain about how the free content is worthless and paper thin – I’d say alpha’s who never plan to pay are the same.

If you want to complain about the exchange of money for in game benefits & perks , I think we need to go back to the beginning of this discussion in 2006…otherwise selling skill points for irl $$ has been many people’s business in this game since day one…you’re seeing a 2020 version of it where CCP has taken back control.

I’m a bitter old salty pissed off all the time Vet too. I’ve decided though, that if I’m sticking around , Eve is what it is and pieing over the old days will get us so far but a full on reversion to the old days is never going to happen.

Wrong. Train into a Interceptor that can negate bubbles.

What did I cut from this sentence?

“I don’t like to judge people by zkill but I kinda know why you don’t understand this.”

Have fun waiting. One needs to have an argument before I can come with a counterargument.

Like I said. Let me know when you think of something new.

Nice wall of text, by the way. It must have been cathartic to type.

i guess . its harder to deal with the morons in this forum than with any pirate/ganker/npc in the game
i like it here because of some great people that hang around but sometimes i wish i never posted one line

I can understand the frustration of the game not being what it used to be but I think that it has more to do with what the game was back then. Eve has been a few different games over its lifetime. At first it was a forum game in a way as people were really excited about its development and there was a forum war about which would survive eve or earth & beyond. There were whole corporations and even a few alliances of people trying to figure out what exactly they were going to do in the game. After that it was like a colonizing of the server as many of these groups moved into the new world and many including the largest among them collapsed before they even started. Then it had various different forms as the mechanics and player base grew.

Another factor is that I was 18 at the time with hours to do nothing but drugs, hookers and eve. Now at 35 well I just don’t have the time or the will to be bothered building a space empire when I have other responsibilities to attend to but it can be fun to hope in time to time and do things.

The thing is that as a player who’s had the same main character since 08 I now possess a character that can literally fly anything in the game and whenever anything new comes out I can just put it in at the top of the que because I haven’t really cared about what I’ve been training for at least 4-5 years now. Not to mention that for a lot of that time I was able to plex my account with in game money and didn’t pay to play for years.

So with that being said if a new player wants to drop a couple hundred bucks on the game so the servers stay live and my character lives on then more power to them. I’ve thought about restarting many times. Possibly stripping out all my skill points and restart with hundreds of billions but the utility of having a character that can already do all things is far more valuable than isk or ships. Also It wouldn’t be the same game as when I first started either.

The game is simply in another phase of its evolution and while it may cater to whales in a way that’s fine so long as its what it takes to keep the lights on.

1 Like