EVE will always be a nichè Game

The forums are over moderated so people went to other places with less strict moderation.

I can see WW III now.

This is hard.

I cant win.

It’s not fair.

War over for the snowflakes.

2 Likes

Need more content. More more snd little bit MORE. +1 fully new endgame ship with original model and construction chain for every faction each year; return of appartments with expandable SIMS-alike interior build system with regular updates for aurum/PLEX shop for it. Need more content with way to spend all the new features, all the time for nex decade. Its alot of work for all CCP divisions at once all the time.

This thread is full of ridiculous requests and just selfish demands.

Remove OP, that would start the bettering immeadiately.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing for 13 years and have no intention of leaving, so this statement, whilst possibly true for some, isn’t universal.

:mouse:

1 Like

I remember not having a smartphone either so should we ban smartphones because some people don’t like the electronic leash?
I remember how 3D games were back in 1996, maybe we should go back to that, too.
I remember there was no Chat in games before so let’s get rid of corp. Chat and Local, too.
I remember how the skyboxes were crap, let’s put back the crappy skybox in.
I remember how 2D was the shiznit, let’s get EVE in 2D, we don’t need 3D games, the snowflakes like those too much.
Matter of fact, click-and-drag, that’s newer than 1995. EVE don’t need click’n’drag either.
Let’s have all UI and graphics back from the 1800’s because, yaknow, them snowflakes…

4 Likes

Oh God! This literally made me laugh out loud @Han_Zealot, totally brilliant! I love your posts!

1 Like

Learning a lot from reading yours :+1:

Yeah and so am I, still here since 2009, since 2011 on the same character. Not to be rude but I’m not sure what the point of saying “that’s not a universal statement” is.

You can literally watch the player base shrink as it gets older. I’m not making any statement about specific players or players in general, only that attrition increases with age.

That’s because we’re literally dying. I mean I’m barely in my thirties, but I’m already making final arrangements for my “ascension” in a few years.

And kids these days don’t care about EVE. I’ve tried to get some teenagers I know to play this game, and they literally couldn’t give less of a ■■■■ about it. It was “grandpa entertainment” to them, seen through the same old-timey black-and-white lens as kettlebells and mustache balm. They’re happy watching Twitch and playing meme games.

In half a decade, EVE will just be a few disabled millennial geriatrics holding multiple vigils every week to remember their dead friends.

Sadly I don’t even have any friends. :frowning:

4 Likes

Thats what I was talking about. CCP need tons of new content to attract new players.

New players need a better NPE that isn’t frustrating and actually helps them. The content is the sandbox and other players.

2 Likes

Yes. Need more sand in sandbox.

1 Like

Eve has always BEEN a niche game

2 Likes

It seems ccp wants to take that away and go mainstream?

Eve Online definitely has it’s hardcore base of fans and players. I have no doubt for their passion and what they think is the ‘real game’ or what is their version of the good-ol-days and how the game used to be and was supposed to be.

We are witnessing the overlap and the transition to a new playerbase because CCP needs to survive. The college kid that signed up for Eve Online in 2003 is a super old Dad by now who’s halfway through their career and just has no time to play like they did before. They need to tap into new money and make the game more accessible for the old fan who has no time anymore or whatever situation the traditional player has where they aren’t logging in like they used to and instead try to lure in the new money or the smartphone gamer.

Instant gratification is important to today’s gamer and if CCP wants to make money and stay current and relevant with an 18 year old MMO, they will need to go back on some of their old promises and designs. Start selling SP straight up. Start offering skills packages. Even little things like their new News website.

I mean, really removing all of those suggestions, do you really think this game will be better? I adore most if not all of the new QoL changes. Do you remember having to set each and every scanner probe everytime you launched them? It was pure cancer and the most tedious ■■■■ ever. Towers sucked to live in. I felt equally braindead watching my skillqueue count down from Eve Mon.

This game has always had the biggest meme about learning cliffs so I don’t blame them at all for doing all they can to make it more accessible or easier to pick up.

What is the quality of replacements these days?

I love the new probe scanner. It allowed us to catch a guy in our wh in 2 sweeps. Never saw it coming. All he said was “lame”. Like many others, they feel entitled to do as they please with no consequences what’s so ever.

As I said before, so be it.

2 Likes

They had walks on stations with player’s flats on them. CCP deleted station walks and bar. But why? Its good opportunity to sell bunch of interior objects, spending isk/plex in bar, many more donation ways was there potentially. Why CCP deleted it? I want my headquarters on station, want to rebuild it for my own taste. For money. How can i do that now?

2 Likes