EVE X Apple

How to report a bug. (rather than raising a support request. they go into different systems. Support requests are a 'something is wrong, please go fix it for me.'Like something not spawning in a mission. Bug reports are “There’s something broken with the game, you need to fix it in code.” Like graphics bugs, or game crashes.)

1 Like

Please provide a more standard launcher for Mac users that cannot upgrade their OS above 10.13
I run 4 omegas accounts and now I cannot enter Eve because of the last update.
@CCP_Caffeine @CCP_Dopamine

1 Like

Thanks for your work on this. Works well for me on a 2019 5k iMac running Catalina.

One frustrating thing I’ve noticed is that when running in fixed window mode at full-screen size, if I cmd-tab to another application, say Chrome where I’ve got some EVE tools open, it switches to the program but doesn’t automatically show the window, like the EVE client is sitting above it in the stacking order despite having changed active applications. If you could fix that, that would be swell. Previous WINE version had the expected behaviour: tab to another app, that app’s open windows show up.

It looks like you’re using a Hackintosh. I’m afraid we can’t reproduce or investigate these situations, as we only support official macOS installs.

2 Likes

Press F12 in game and file a bug report. It will allow you to attach screenshots so we can see the issue more clearly. If you let us know the EBR number (EVE Bug Report) here I can get it to our rendering engineers.

Please note that we are aware of some graphical defects in older macOS versions that have since been fixed (I don’t know what version you are running currently without an EBR). Due to the way drivers are updated on macOS, you may need to update the OS for these to be resolved.

1 Like

I would like to clarify that updating MacOS to the latest version has resolved all my issues

2 Likes

Great to hear! Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

1 Like

EBR-225006

Not for all, I have Mojave which can’t be updated due hardware

The launcher is not the problem - it’s that the native client can not support 10.13. We were unable to support 10.13 with the move to a native client, unfortunately.

We support 10.14, 10.15, all Big Sur releases 11.(1 to 6), and shortly version 12 (Monterey).

macOS moves quite fast with releases, so there are going to be unfortunate situations where we can’t support every previous version when targetting new ones.

If you are unable to update to play due to this, please contact Customer Support,

2 Likes

Even though I don’t use Mac’s, want to say, this has been a long loooooongly requested feature, so good to see that it has been released! Let’s hope for good Linux support also!

2 Likes

Well. I can’t play anymore after the last update. I am on High Sierra and can’t upgrade to a higher OS. What now?

Mojave 10.14.6 not playable

Was wondering, big amount of releases seems to coincide with lack of popularity of OS and non-availability of software on it. Lets see extreme case, as linux. It have so many releases that releasing a native EVE client on it seems impossible.

Seems less changes in OS in long time is what software programmers like.

Why so dramatic? This is day one of the new client. Open a ticket.

1 Like

Any chance of adding a pixel doubled windowed mode, like the Wine client used to do? I’m on a 5k Retina iMac that can’t really run the game at 4-5k res, it’d be nice to be able to have a large window without having to run at 1:1 resolution with all settings turned down.

1 Like

Hi,

macOs Catalina v 10.15.7
iMac Retina 5K, 27", 2019

not playable at all.

starting the game gives me 5 minutes black screen and the little loading circle in the lower left corner.
in hangar view i cannot see the ship for minutes.
sometimes it glitches under the floor.
i cannot even change the ships skin. it loads and loads… nothing happens.
at undoccking i dont the the station and my ship is black and flat. no textures to see.
after some more minutes the whole screen flashes like the sun and from there the textures slowly load.

and thats for everything.

if i want to dock. clicking on the station dont gives me navigation symbols.

greetings…

Woot. Something to look forward to when I get home.

Finally, it’s been a long, long wait.

Turn up the in-game scaling to 200%.

2 Likes