Hello Eve Pilots,
On this Sunday, I will be mining in the Low Sec system of Aeter (in Solitude) from about 11:15am to 1:00pm Eve time (I’ll be starting just after downtime). I’ll be in a Venture. Anyone that wants to practice “hunting” during that time is free to do so. I plan to mine as much ore as possible, no matter how many neutrals are in the system. I will have extra Ventures stocked up in the station, so I can immediately re-ship after any losses.
I will be following certain rules:
- I will not leave the system (unless I get podded and respawn elsewhere)
- I will not dock up unless I need to re-ship
- Although the Venture has a natural +2 to warp core strength, I will not equip any ADDITIONAL warp core stabilizers
- I will not utilize d-scan
- I will TRY to always be in a belt (so I will avoid warping to planets/moons/safe spots)
- I will not cloak
With respect to the rules above, I will do everything in my power stay alive- which means I’ll try to: warp off if any hostile enters the belt, avoid belts if I think they’re being camped, use ECM, etc…
Why am I doing this?
I’m trying my hand at being a content creator for this game. I’ve seen others do some clever PvP ideas like duals/tournaments- but thought it would be interesting to set up a PvP event for people that want to practice hunting. As you know, the career agents don’t offer a PvP tutorial, and actually hunting in the wild can be slow and frustrating- jumping from system to system for hours without finding any suitable targets. In this case, you know there’s DEFINITELY a Venture mining in your system - it’s up to you to figure out how to catch it. This PvP can be low cost/alpha friendly, since a T1 frigate with T1 fittings should be more than enough to take me out.
I’m not a wealthy player, and although this will be a FREE event for everyone to participate, I won’t be able to offer monetary prizes- though I do plan to call out the top hunters in this thread.
If you think this is a cool idea, and if you might be interested in participating - please give this thread a “like”. If you have any ideas to make this better, please leave a comment or send me an Eve Mail. If this thread stays empty, I’ll assume there’s little to no interest, which is still good, because at least I’ll know.
Any updates to this event will be made below this line:
- If you need supplies, the nearest market is in the System of Boyston (About 6 jumps away)
- My death clone is in Boyston- meaning, if I get Podded, it will take me several minutes to get back to the system.