[Event] "Dancing with LUMEN" - Heideran VII Memorial Ball & Fund Raiser Date Auction

Yeah, I saw the thread. It was an idea proposed by someone else and independently agreed to by the proposed parties. Only then did you presume to take over everything and expect everyone to respect that you were the ringleader.

You seem to have a real problem with people doing anything that doesn’t revolve around you. This might seem like news, but none of us is that singularly important.

As for right now, you are indeed being a petulant child. Hell, I don’t even plan to go to the event because I don’t go to public events, but I’m not crusading to dump on it for everyone else that might choose to participate. You’re dumping on it simply because you don’t like the people who currently have the leading bids. Seriously, do you not realize how petty you are?

How many events get posted around here? How many people feel the need to pick them apart simply because those events aren’t exactly to their liking? I can’t count how many things I’ve seen posted that make me roll my eyes and move on without issue.

I ought to provide financial backing for a few close associates to make shill bids… just to watch your head explode.

2 Likes

Thanks for proving me right. All good!

1 Like

So, Melisma? … I’m kind of trying to understand what’s going on here, where you’re coming from on this.

Mr. Ellis, to be clear, is both pretty apolitical and pretty Gallentean. He’s someone I’m usually happy to see, but he’s probably about as different from me as I can reasonably expect to be interested in dancing with me (or, as now looks like might be the case, not-dancing). It’s not like Else’s going to place a bid, right?

I’m not sure how the kind of astounding amounts getting bid are something to hold against us. I mean, it’s a fund raiser. It’s for raising funds. Auctions are pretty much always going to be won by people with lots of money to toss around if they care enough to bid. That’s just the nature of the thing.

Do you really think we’ve been dishonest? Do you want us gone from Tanoo?

Do you feel like my friendship’s being bid on or something? Or Druur’s? Or someone else’s?

… I don’t understand.

4 Likes

I have no love for them, but in the defense of the Gallente, not all of them are condescending gambling profiteers with razor-thin egos, or talking about how easy it is to make money without mentioning it’s rather more easy under a supercapital umbrella, with enough start capital backing you to inject into a Nyx right after Caille U kicks you out of the gate.

I suppose it’s easy to have a positive opinion of people when they’re sluicing billions into your fuel fund.

3 Likes

I’m not going to apologize for being rich.

1 Like

Maybe she did. I put in another bid. It’s not like I am out of the running; I just need to decide how much the dance is worth to me.

1 Like

This is exactly the problem. Your (as in, the entire alliance, not just yours) expectations are too low, and you don’t seem inclined to reach out to people beyond your immediate grasp. Captain Rhiannon might be a bad example, but there are certainly other Matari you could talk to and get interested in your work, such that they might have been inclined to bid and donate to the cause, whether for fuel blocks or otherwise. Bur you aren’t even trying. You’re just happy to take money from this piece of ■■■■ who is blatantly slandering me.

Then why pretend? Next time, don’t bother posting a public event. Just have a private thing where you can schmooze and kiss ass without wasting our time.

Of course not. That’s your region. I’m the one that will be gone from Tanoo.

I’ve already explained it. I’ve gone out on a limb for LUMEN. I’ve tried to tell my people that you’re the real deal, that you really want to bring about change and improve relations with the Republic. And what happens? You hold a rich-people event, thumbing your noses at those of us who can’t help you pay for fuel blocks. And you lie about it, pretending it’s all open to everyone. So now I look like an ass to my peers and my Clan, and I have nothing to show for it. Thanks a lot for that.

Actually, you should, depending. Do you donate or spend your money for causes that improve the lives of the poor, or do you piss it all away on parties?

To think; earlier today I was turning a ramble about the uses of auctions as a price-finding tool (many), and the issues involved in anonymous versus open bidding (fewer than you’d think) around in my head, but this discussion has since caught up in a big way.

I feel I can no longer trust the discernment and fair judgement of LUMEN, that my actions should reflect my words and convictions despite Tanoo being a convenient dive spot, and as such, will be moving my assets out of Tebu Amkhiman. On the bright side, I doubt I will be missed.

I heartily recommend others involved talk out their respective concerns in private. This discussion seems to attract some rancor.

I don’t recall asking you to.

1 Like

I’m beginning to understand why the Ramijanawa may find themselves unwelcome in clan circles.

2 Likes

That’s hardly a lie. It’s a fundraising event. The purpose is to raise funds. Rich people will be able to, and willing, to spend more. And the event is open for anyone who desires to spend that money, to do so.

If you want to donate in a manner that is not a competition, you can do that, by just donating freely, without expectations of winning anything. And if you want to dance with X person, do so in the after party, or at another event, or arrange it privately, or whatever. And you can still attend this event, and accept the winners will be the ones getting the rewards, while being happy for how successful it was for the hosts.

God, I have my issues with LUMEN, but you’re being awfully entitled right now. “I can’t afford the cost to actually win, so I’m going to complain about the event being unfair.” It was open. But any open event that involves money will always be won by the people with money, and the people who are willing to spend that money to finance the ends the hosts are working towards. Which not everyone will be willing to do - and you cannot force that.

In fact, you are the one who seemingly wants a private event. Because it is only by making it a private event that the extent and persons donating can be controlled. You have, indeed, said that LUMEN should not take money from someone that has slandered you. You are the one wanting them to dictate who can and can’t donate, all because you lack the funds to meet the offers in play. You’re calling for limiting the amount that can be made, all so that you can have an equal chance at winning. That is selfish, concerned with your own satisfaction instead of the needs of the people throwing the fundraiser.

Anonymous bidding is a problem, yes. And allowing the same person to place bets on multiple people simultaneously. But not the extent that people are able to donate. Not that you are being priced out. That is expected in a fundraiser auction.

8 Likes

Wow, Kernher. It’s like you haven’t taken the time to read anything of what I (and even Arrendis!) took the time to write.

Let me help you:

When I tell Matari loyalists that LUMEN aren’t snooty, self-involved appropriatonists, at risk to myself and my Clan, the least they could do is not be snooty, self-involved appropriatonists.

And they owe you… what, exactly, here?

1 Like

See, you did that without checking to see if they were actually not snooty, self-involved appropriationists.

They don’t owe me anything. But in a week from now, when a Blooder fleet suddenly arrives in Matar’s orbit and decimates Ramijanawa, I’ll be looking for empathy.

That is not the impression you have been giving here.

1 Like

Honestly? She’s been supportive. She’s put her reputation on the line for them. I’d say they owe her at least the basic amount of consideration for ‘hey, if we do X this way, is it gonna totally screw over our friends?’ that comes with, you know, being her friend.

If that’s what they feel they are.

1 Like

And the game of manipulations is played on…

1 Like

No, Aldrith. I know this is hard for a schemer like you to get, but I just don’t assume that everyone I befriend wants to be my friend. No manipulations involved. It doesn’t matter how she feels about them, it only matters how they feel about her in this case.

With respect, the last 30 or so posts in this thread have done more damage than your actions, at least to this particular peer. Your actions haven’t been bad, just as others have tried to do similar outreach to the Amarr and been cast aside when they weren’t convenient, it’s more a matter of not listening to your peers’ warnings that are a bad thing. I don’t fault you, everyone learns their own way.

2 Likes

It … doesn’t seem all that much to me like we misled people about this? Unless this changed at some point, which I don’t think it did?

So … the question of whether it’s a “charity” event might depend on whether you see our work in Tanoo as “charitable.” To this point, it’s been a sort of goodwill effort. But, “charitable” might be a stretch.

… probably not a lie, though. Operating an ostensible business venture at a loss for the sake of helping someone seems a little like charity, doesn’t it? Only, of course, it could turn a profit some day, if it succeeds. So there’s that. Only-- maybe not soon?

So, wording change: probably appropriate.

But anyway, yep. We’re trying to do something nice for Tanoo and holding a fun event to help pay for it. If that seems scummy to you in some way … I guess, I’ll try not to hold it against you? Please have a good life?

(Keeping large orbital cities running costs money?)

Bye?

4 Likes