Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

I just tried to go mining for the first time during this event. My miner was in the same system that the gala site was. In the couple minutes it took to dock and grab a mining ship and warp back everything was gone.

I understand Eve may not have the resources that other MMOs have, but it’s these broken simple things that make me want to look for something else to play. And that’s real sad cuz most MMOs play like an arcade game now a days, but at least they fix stuff and keep things running somewhat smooth.

3 Likes

If you’re having trouble finding sites, pull up the map and the Statistics view for “jumps in the last hour” - travel to the nearest or farthest dead spot, and you may find some sites stacked up around that area.

These are NOT the only issues and there is no need for a gate in these sites. CCP and some players are overthinking these events. Crimson Harvest for example ended up being a really fun event and previous Guardian’s Gala events were praised by many. Why is CCP trying to make so many awful changes that are killing the fun in these events?

6 Likes

yeah i told people that “lols and split the loot of 1m isk to each pilot lols!!!11!”

1 Like

Windows agent bugged out on me again, no further tasks to complete. DOes it matter where you turn in the tickets, astra or forti?

1 Like

You can only turn them in at VIP sites @Scootiesan

In the new event you shoot a battleship, collect a thingy, mine some ore, refine some ore, combine all that and turn it in with 13mil ISK for a lootbox. Loot box? Fearing the worst I did this twice. I got a skin I already had and a booster worth about 500k. So I spent a couple of hours and 26mil isk for nothing of value. This is very demotivating.

In previous events the scope of the rewards and the effort to collect them was fairly easy to determine. This is the first event where the scope of the rewards is unknown, and given the isk investment, a player could wind up behind at the end of it. This is very much like a bunch of other games that I stopped playing out of frustration.

At least the lootboxes are only available with in-game resources. So far.

3 Likes

lootboxes are bollox i must agree. i mean just look at the name itself impleying you’re going to get loot and not average shite.

never been a fan of them and i think it’s a mistake even having them in this game.

5 Likes

From time to time, most game developers will feel that they have been giving too much stuff away too easily, and that “players don’t really need to pay for anything since they can get so much rewards for free” and/or “We are giving out too much stuff too quickly”.

This isn’t completely illogical, since the setup of EVE lends itself to massive farming if CCP makes even a small design error in content/event planning.

Then they decide that the best way to counteract this is to make content/events really demanding, with lots of grind and RNG, for considerably lesser rewards with much higher risk.

Plus, if the rewards don’t just ‘drop’, but need to be gathered, assembled, manufactured, and paid for… then they assume this makes them less ‘farmable’.

True, to an extent. Except the real farmers are going to have 10 accounts that can gather, assemble, and manufacture anything of value anyway.

All the above really accomplishes is to accumulate rewards for the higher-end players and farmers who are going to grind all day every day anyway. It leaves out casual players, players who value their limited gaming time, and people who aren’t set up to complete the whole gather/assemble/manufacture/pay rat-maze efficiently.

1 Like

Abso-fuckin-lutly!

And you ain’t seen nuthin’ yet.

You have to PAY ISK now for event rewards? Fk this…

CCP: “NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE AFTER THE PEARL ABYSS ACQUISITION”

Guess what. Everything has changed. Eve is already an extremely niche game with an extremely unique playerBASE. You are only going to lose players. Nobody is out there thinking, “Ya know, I need to find another game to screw me out of my time invested and that holds me back at all costs until I start giving them dollar after dollar…”

2 Likes

yea 13 mill isk really a lot of money … :rofl:

JuuR

wat , loot boxes ? Seriously ? I said when this game will have a loot boxes I will quit , maybe the time came.

1 Like

I won’t mention that L word. I started a thread on the topic and I was given a warning by CCP and in response I quit the forum for almost a whole year. Only recently I am actively reposting. I never disparaged the game, kept it honest, been a long time premium then later an Omega player, but got treated like excrement. Came back, playing it to see some of the new features and changes…but I feel like giving it up.

And no, you can’t have my stuff :laughing:

1 Like

1 guy in theevent topic got 1 unit of garbage for his 13m

4 Likes

How is paying isk to get a random reward not gambling with ingame assets?

2 Likes

I cant understand how you guys are still doing these “events.” They have been shite for a long time now; unfun grinds for little reward. OFC whats fun is a matter of personal opinion, but are there really that many masochists in the game?

5 Likes

the winter event i atleast made something like 70m or so an hour mining, this ones like 4-6m maybe mining? which the ore is needed to make or get anything

Can I have your stuff? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope.