Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

Wake up. There are no comparison between rng loot mechanism from for example overseer and rng lootboxes gambling. In first you have to undock, find site, prepare ship, be a content for hunters, kill overseer and then roll a dice for loot. What do you have in second example?

1 Like

it works for some and most it dont, 1 of the guys in the event channel was bragging how he already finished 2 full runs on toons and was working on a 3rd

1 Like

Did CCP “fix” loot tables in Gala sites?
5 sites in row and not single tickets. Best is 400 fireworks.

Why are people still running these sites??? Complete waste of time! :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Too bad. Paranoia level 5 is the very 1st skill an EvE player should learn.

4 Likes

This event is exactly the same. You shoot something like an NPC in a belt and it has a loot table and something good can drop or something useless. It’s as random as a lootbox. The only difference here is there is a higher resource cost up front, instead of the primary cost being time to complete a site (although there is that too as the “golden ticket” needs to be earned by exploding an NPC) before you get to roll on the loot table.

I agree, it feels different and perhaps “unfun” but this isn’t CCP selling loot boxes. They are just using a variant of the standard loot table mechanic already in widespread use in this game.

It’s also not a ‘loot box’ in the worst sense, in that it does not require a direct cash purchase of a Key from CCP, to unlock it.

No it’s not. Best comparison would be: you get a ticket from overseer instead a loot that you can sell on the market. That ticket provide random chance of loot from said overseer.

But when you drop your ticket, the tricarbs which takes you at least 2 full sites worth of rocks to get just 5 of them, AND 11-13M ISK…and literally get a box full of “Garbage,” I can see how people would be pissed off.

4 Likes

@CCP_Falcon

If you team need a bit help with common sens for thoses event Hire me :rofl:

Becose this is hight risque: lose rewards and time

1 Like

And you believe you can tell … how? You’re free and welcome playing with me, instead of pulling ■■■■ out of your ass. :slight_smile: Then you can verify all by yourself that “easy mode” is nothing I enjoy at all, nowhere, ever.

Edit: lol 650 posts later…

I just want the Machariel SKIN. Which is turning to be a bit difficult as the tasks don’t seem to be refreshing properly, or is it intended behaviour they don’t refresh after you get a set done?

2 Likes

Me too. :confused: All I want is the base rewards, but the challenge bug isn’t helping at all.

I wish we could get some official word from CCP on this…

3 Likes

Yeah I hope they’re extending the event or something, if they can’t get the bug patched very soon. I did make a bugreport out of it, and it is marked as attached, so I assume it IS a bug.

2 Likes

“working as intended” lol

2 Likes

Yeah no kidding.

I submitted bug reports too. They now say “attached.” I even poked a CCP dev on Discord - he says he’s notifying the Events team.

I’m holding onto faith here…

1 Like

Task bug not completing is back. Where is CCP? They haven’t seemed to respond to anything for this event and all it’s issues.

Ok, I normally wait until I max out the event points before giving feedback; but with the ongoing issues with greyed-out tasks causing huge slowdowns and the multiple serious issues, I feel that doing this now might be a better idea.

Battleship DPS bug.
Previously I didn’t comment on bugs which were quickly hotfixed, but this was far more serious than most and should have ABSOLUTELY been caught in QA. Having an event battleship dealing more DPS than a top-tier deadspace overseer, attacking players eager to try out this new content is just silly. Hundreds of ships were lost and had to be reimbursed (minus dropped modules).
I’m at a loss to see how this could have happened. Most bugs are down to unforeseen inter actions with existing systems or rare circumstances. This was a typo that effected every single instance of that NPC, those files should have been copied over from wherever they were tested.

Lootboxes
I’m actually going to disagree with what a few other posters in this thread have said about gambling. I don’t think this is quite at that point yet… But it also isn’t far off either. All of the mechanisms for implementing actual payed lootboxes are now in place, they just haven’t been stitched together yet.
I just hope CCP remembers why they banned EVE-related gambling organizations like Blink, and the current backlash towards companies like EA who are destroying their own reputations by engaging in this stupid psychological manipulation.
The line is drawn, it remains to see if CCP will step over it.

Site Balance: Ore
The balance between the amount of ore in the sites, the amount of ore required to obtain Tricarboxyls and the amount required to build the implants seems WAY off… and it seems to be intentional given the lack of responses about this particular annoyance. I’ve got a few theories about this…
-1- CCP wants to deplete current stockpiles of Tricarboxyls, to continue using it for future events. If this is the case then they massively underestimated the price spike when calculating the average reward value.
-2- CCP wants to keep the price of event boosters high, in order to stop SP farmers from using them.
-3- This is a genuine mistake and it simply hasn’t been noticed in the storm of other negative feedback.
Whatever the case, the spike in tricarboxyl prices has priced many people out of the sites, especially since mining them is so tedious and time consuming.

Site Balance: The ‘random’ rewards
Ugh. just ugh. randomized rewards that you have to pay for? A high chance of getting something of significantly lower value than you paid to obtain it? A small chance to get some VERY valuable items? Yep, that’s lootboxes.
To be honest, people probably wouldn’t mind if the items simply dropped from the site boss, its having to pay for it which makes it feel REALLY bad when you get something worthless. Please stick to loot drops and move away from lootboxes. PLEASE.

Greyed-out tasks
An ongoing bug which is seriously impeding the progress of a large number of people towards finishing the event. This is just making a bad situation worse by dragging out the whole experience for people who simply want to get the SKINS and get out.
Having a fairly major bug like this still in the event 4 days after release is not great. I’m getting flashbacks to ‘Into the Abyss’ where I was stuck with the ‘Duplicate Tasks’ bug for the whole darn thing!
PLEASE invest more time into QA, this sort of thing isn’t acceptable to release onto the production server in this state.

General comments and stuff

• Why are some of the rewards in crates? Just simply give out the reward itself! Opening a ‘crate’ with a single static item is kind of pointless.
  • The site actually looks visually quite nice, but it might be nice if the NPCs were using the event skins.
  • Tiered sites are a pretty good idea, I like sites that encourage some level of teamwork to engage in higher-tier activities.
  • Ignoring the crummy mining experience in these sites: multi-task sites are actually quite nice to have!

Anyway: these are my opinions, I hope that you takes some of it on board. Overall I have to say it is quite a poor show. There is perhaps a shell of a good idea in there, but the implementation has been very bad. I hope for better in the future

-Caterpil

20 Likes

Ditto this guy.

On the ore though, you can’t really do it solo unless you are in an orca. Even then I’m sure it’s slow and painful. The sites despawn so it’s not like you have the option to not do heavy combat in them. It keeps new players out from the start.

Also on the ore, the REWARDS for the track are blueprints that most of us won’t have enough ore to actually build. How that got past the designers is a mystery.

2 Likes

Are these pretty friendly for rookie toons?