Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

I was wondering why noone got deadspace items… Then it hit me. The Overseer box is actually a deadspace item… But only use for it is to sell it to NPCs for ISK, so you can gamble again I guess.
Also, the Overseer box got a ceiling on value, unlike ‘real’ deaspace mods that can easily pass 1B in value.

2 Likes

Completing this was a struggle, as the objectives kept bugging out in two different ways:

Even if you disregard the issues with objectives not refreshing properly until downtime, this event seems terribly unrewarding. No bounties on the ships, no loot, extremely unfavorable outcomes of the 13mil++ ticket hand ins on average.

As a returning player after nearly a 4 year hiatus, it almost made me want to quit again, but luckily I found some other content that I enjoy now.

6 Likes

“Next challenge: 9y 12mo 4d 23h 58m 41s”

Nice one, CCP. Seems like a calculation error somewhere that could have been caught fairly easily in a code review.

The failures you made with this event in both game design and software quality aren’t rocket science. As a lot of players have told you across multiple recent events, it would be better to have fewer but higher quality events per year than all of the crap you’ve been shoveling out the door lately.

3 Likes

Hello CCP

I’m an alpha player and I have only 1 question for you, with regards to this event, but also as what it represents, the general direction of the game. So, taking these into account, here is my question for you:

CCP, would you like me to upgrade to Omega ?

Should I upgrade to omega, especially for this, and maybe buy a lot of plex and injectors for mining ?

2 Likes

CCP abondoned VR because they didnt pull the profits they were expecting. they heard VR was going to be this great big new thing, developed a whole game expecting people to go out and spend tons of money on the upgrades and VR gear needed to play a game.

except the people didnt, CCP claims they broken even or somewhere around that area saying the industry wasnt ready for VR yet, so they laid off the DEVs that made Valkyrie…BUT with those devs we found out not all of the VR staff was going AND twitter and other social media lit up with Farewells from Community Devs who were being laid off.

Community contact hasnt been the same.

1 Like

What makes me chuckle is this event followed a dev blog release titled CCPlease - When Memes Become
Reality.

I would just like to highlight the following - "The aim is both transparency, and accountability for key quality of life improvements to New Eden, as well as increasing awareness of the status of these projects. "

By comparison, for this event I feel like I have been tarred, feathered, and spiked with quaaludes, and no one will admit who did it…

11 Likes

having posted in the wrong place twice I have consolidated it to here.

Is the reprocesessing rate correct?

2 - 3 sites (providing you get them all to yourself or they don’t despawn while docking to get the barge out) to repro into 5 of the thingies?

Seems a bit intense man.

And on the subject of accelerators, over the course of these events for the last few years we have seen a few ways of obtaining these.

It’s great having BP’s for making them, but only for those with the skills, it feels like the newbros, rookies and casuals are realy missing out.

In the previouse events where the accelerators have droped and been in abundance, sure the market gets flooded and there is a odd curve in in that they sell for loads at first, then bottom out, then rise a bit just before expiry. but This was much better at spreading the skill boost love, I was even able able to just contract them to new players that had lost ships trying the events I had so many.

Drop the +6’s they are just lame, It’s depressing only having them when much better are in game but feel unavailable to you. Make the +10’s drop like rain in Manchester and make the +12’s craftable from BP’s.

Also having a blueprint as a agency reward feels duff, something not immediately usable is not much of a gift. Have the BPC’s drop but the reward prefabricated.

Putting aside the problems in poor spawn rates in some areas and issues with UI/challenges reseting, once we get the +10 accelerator bpc crate, it will require 350x Chromodynamic Tricarboxyls to make all 5. At current prices (~1,800,000) that would be a whopping 630,000,000 isk to buy, and I remain completely unconvinced that this is even a moderatley achievable task for any rookie, or solo casual player to even hope to obtain through mining the meagre quantity available in the site.

I am aghast, and must report the only words that come to mind are “■■■■ that”.

6 Likes

CCP, I want to like this event. Because I like most of them, some quibbles aside. And there are things I do like about it, like the Thanatos and Nidhoggur carrier VIP sites. Very fun! Had all 3 of my Ishtars down to 30-40% armor a couple times each when I did one in an incursion constellation with resist penalties a few nights ago. :wink: Actual risk and thrill… very fun!

However, the loot box nature of the rewards (it’s one thing to require a ticket and these newly-overpriced minerals to get the boxes… OR the 13 or 25 mil ISK fee… but both? come on… both is not cool), NO bounties at all (not even for the carriers! come on, CCP… after grinding through all that EHP for 6 minutes (my Thanny record) or 20-25 minutes (my worst Nidhoggur time due to aforementioned incursion penalties to both dmg and to tank))…

And worst of all, the tasks-not-consistently-respawning either right away or after their 12 hour timers issue… even if the other issues with this event weren’t present, that one right there is a killer.

Most of the people running this one are doing so for the Vindi and Mach skins, since nothing good drops from the sites/rats themselves… and since the accelerators are kinda pointless thanks to the price of the event minerals spiking due to the insanely low refine rate.

I thank the maker every day of this event that I had stockpiled 3000-4000 of the minerals from the last two events. This new ore… it blows. And there’s barely any in each site which means… talk about diminishing returns for your effort. Bring back Cthonic Attar or scrap this whole mining for ores to get minerals to make new event modules and accelerators, CCP, it’s just not fun… and I LIKE most of the PVE grinds in this game.

I’d be done by now if it wasn’t for the damned glitch.

Generally I run most events with all 3 of my toons equally and so I hit all the landmarks at the same time… but this event is making it very difficult to do that since my toons don’t all get greyed out tasks at the same time. I’ve had it where all 3 had greyed out tasks appearing each time I completed tasks… but they’ve also taken turns: each of them has been the only one to be missing tasks from time to time… and earlier today I had a situation where 2 of them were missing tasks and the 3rd wasn’t. 2-3 relogs of the 2 toons later and one had regained their tasks… the other one? still hasn’t.

It is not intended behavior or else it wouldn’t be happening on some of our toons but not the others (at the same time). Anyone with multiple toons doing this event can tell you that it’s a glitch that strikes randomly. And yes, all I want is the Mach skin (x3) myself… but at this point, with 6d 8h remaining… I might have to just let my least glitchy toon(s) get there ahead of the others in case I don’t have enough time to finish. I just passed 500x3 tonight, so at least triple Vindi skin has been reached… but the Mach skin remains out of reach for now.

Granted, I didn’t start grinding till the event was out for 2-3 days already, but I’m still barely on pace to finish in time for the end of the event in light of these task glitches. And all these greyed out tasks and broken task timers could totally screw me over in the end by giving me low point total tasks that are all I get for that entire day till downtime (or beyond, when it doesn’t reset at downtime!).

Sometimes downtime fixes it, sometimes downtime doesn’t fix it. Sometimes a relog fixes it, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve never seen it spontaneously just go back to working during a play session, however, though I’ve seen someone claim to have noticed that in events chat, so who knows.

5 Likes

I didn’t even bother doing this event beyond a few tries. Didn’t really think the skins were the greatest either. Just make them more like crimson harvest :`(

2 Likes

As I mentioned in previous topics:

The Good Stuff:
-full camera functionality (compare to Permafrost which made navigation extremely difficult)
+no white-washed screen like Permafrost (so no more physical headaches)
+site looked pretty
+nice-looking SKINs as Agency prizes

The Bad Stuff:
-Agency tasks don’t reload (event-breaking) As of 15-FEB-19, for me, this was resolved, but as of 16-FEB-19, this issue returned and persisted! As far as I know, it’s still happening. The only way to fix it (eventually) was to log out and log back in repeatedly. Some of us did this over a dozen times
-no bounties on targets
-reward was a cerebral accelerator blueprint rather than the accelerator itself
-VIP site is absurdly difficult for the solo pilot, with disproportionately low rewards compared to difficulty level, even for skilled pilots
-site spawn is low compared to previous events
-too few ore units (2,400+/-)
-disgustingly low mining yield, absurdly high requirements (1,000 ore units = 2 tricarbs)
-fireworks lagging my system
-Spirit SKINs don’t drop from kills
-bosses sometimes drops no loot (there’s no excuse for that)
-item trading system cost versus reward is poor (it takes mining out more than 2 sites to obtain 5 tricarbs, and when you receive the literal “Garbage” item, you stop wasting your money - I did it twice, and I refused to do it any further)
-beacons still spawn in new-player training systems, including VIP sites (very discouraging for our new brethren to blow up so early on)

Every hour I wasn’t flying incursions was costing me $120,000,000 ISK…so to have this event pay me literally nothing and even sap my ISK from me felt insulting…I felt like I was wasting my time. Were it not for my desire to complete all challenges and get the skins, I would have abandoned this alot earlier. The article describing the ticket exchange system as loot box gambling only reinforces my belief that CCP needs to take a real long look at how they want to conduct these events in the future.

https://massivelyop.com/2019/02/17/eve-evolved-eve-online-has-a-gambling-problem/

12 Likes

I have never seen a company so disinvested in its player base as this. In my 28 years of playing video games, I have never seen such a thing. It is one thing to make a bad event. Its another to make a market test and call it an event. But it is brand new to me to actually knowingly drive away your customers en masse while remaining silent.
Was there a volcano in Iceland that blew up and we didn’t hear?
CCP, you not only failed, but then you disappeared. Those you have lost are gone FOREVER! I seriously want you to grind my ■■■■■■■ name off of your monument and then push it into the mud volcano that your island sits on!

7 Likes

So… No oficial word on a ‘fix’ for any of the complaints brought up in this tread? :frowning:

I’ve always found some fun in every event so far. Even Permafrost had interesting elements, and it was good to see them trying something different (even if the controls were not great).

This event though, wow. It’s an utter failure, aside from one aspect - the Astrahus visuals are great. You can see them testing structure skins, and seems to be working very well. But what else is there aside from a graphics test. The combat is the same as every event (which you can argue is not a + or -, it’s just “there”). The mining is terrible, the drops are terrible and the lootboxes… enough has been said about those, so I don’t need to express how bad this is.

5 Likes

You might like to pass this on, I am not asking for pity, sympathy, or to be taken as my opinion is special, however it may reflect others opinions and you might find answers in here.

Over the years, interest in EVE has swung and was generally biased towards the positive, however I found myself motivated with the new content, the new events to keep paying and keep going.

Unfortunately, each time, although so promising, the feeling of let down has grown and grown.

Resource wars, had great potential, but pre nerfed to such an extent, with poor reward decisions, that died on the vine.

The abyss, possibly the best PVE opportunity in years, killed before birth by the awful decision to make it suicide by RNG.

And the last thing that kept me going, the agency, simply, nothing to say more than is said EVERY time in the forums, bad balance, buggy as hell, more and more grind features each time, and almost designed to punish and annoy than surprise and delight.

I am not asking for you to change, improve, or learn, It is too late for me, the tide has washed away all my lines in the sand, and hopes to carry on.

But please consider the others who still have some hope left, or they will follow me, not feeling anger, or annoyance, but just in not caring about EVE any more, the quiet ones, who just melt away.

4 Likes

nada…

what happened to CCP Dragon? He used to talk to us. Genuine, bonafide dialog.

CCP Dragon

Erebus_TheChin_Sundance

Jul '17

For future Agency event rewards, would concord LP be out of the question?

It has been considered as a very desirable thing. The problem is the feasibility at the moment. I’m sure the team can make it happen, but we also have a lot of other changes we want to make. TLDR it is in our backlog of things we want to do but not a priority yet.

Kills of what?

Pirates. It is a mirror of the kill pirates challenge but requiring a BC/T3C instead.

Just tell the people you are testing.

The Agency will always be testing. The event system might become more stable and less changes happen to it over time. But we’ll always be testing out something (new content, new modules, new ships , new etc).

you fix showing, but texts are incorrect.

Yes. This is why I said the following:

We are currently working on the following:

• Localization for the 2 bonus challenges

The new challenges are incorrectly translated, but we should have a new and correct translation for them by next week. I completely understand the confusion around this and I was very upset that we did not get this fixed in time for today’s patch. I’m very sorry.

2 Likes

I’ll be honest the last frost line and this event are garbage, and amongst my corpmates I have had a reputation for doing all the events and collecting the skins etc, I used to take fellow corpies out to do the sites so they could collect too. This time its just tedious and not worth the time invested better just to plan old rat. CCP you need to get your head back in the game or out of whatever posterior you have it in!

5 Likes

I live in a WH and since the event start, no beacons have spawned in the WH

Oh well, that’s a shame… It seems the event is just over them! :sob:
A pity, although I really hope all this horrible decisions we’ve witnessed in this event die here, never to be seeing again in others! --"

2 Likes

I’m still here but on a different team. Since my last event was Crimson Harvest, I am not sure what to say about the concerns raised here. Please remember not every developer has my level of patience or time to be posting on the forums. Honestly, I felt like I never had enough time either.

EDIT: missed the quote

13 Likes

o7 CCP_Dragon, well I for one am glad you are still somewhere at least. Thanks for reply. Your commitment to the open communication process should be commended yet again.

The essence of the issues seem to be fairly straighforward, loot not appropriate for site difficulty, and reprocessing rate that borders on satanic, with some confusion over the accelerator distrabution that would be easy to fix with some consistancy.

:dragon:

5 Likes