Event Feedback - Guardian's Gala 2019

Relog like mad, that is basically the only thing that’ll fix it (clearing cache does nothing according to the people who have tried).

I had to relog one of my characters 7 times and a second 9 or 10 times earlier to “fix it”.

And yes, the blinking “0 seconds left” is also a bug. The objectives just doesnt update, its the same as the grey box. Some have gotten “next objective in 10 years”, etc… just keep relogging until you get rid of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

grafik

:thinking:

4 Likes

Bye! .

Look, I get that CCP maybe felt they were giving away too much in previous events and that they also wanted to strike a balance between activities so that it was fun for everyone.

Whatever you feel about the obvious visual problems it had, Permafrost had it just right in that respect. (Heck, if you put sunglasses on even the visuals were great and innovating).
It required just the right amount of mining to build accelerators, which dropped in just the right frequency after the right amount of effort to kill the baddies. Other loot drops were balanced enough too (although the hacking rewards were somewhat monotonous). You could make a bundle out of it, but it required much more effort than previous events. The balance of that event should have been a blueprint for any next one imho.

But they overshot the mark with this one.

3 Likes

You can open the package while in space :wink:

1 Like

Look at the bright side guys.

At least they didn’t send the NPC miners in to compete for the ore.

That is when we managed to get the mining ship in on time.

2 Likes

Actually, NPC miners that you can blow up and get some ore/materials could have potentially added some flavor to the event. But it would have also tilted this very event into “no player miners allowed” zone because who needs the hassle with swapping ships when you can gun-mine all day long.

2 Likes

15 years of tradition down the drain, EVE is not what it used to be I am told on every corner by people who played since 2003.

4 Likes

Often times my conversations are:
“Have you heard about this …?”
“Yes.”
“Okay, good.”

And that’s all I can promise.

7 Likes

They just need to replicate what they did in Crimson Harvest which was GREAT. A separate beacon for miners with no PvE unless somebody came in and killed a structure that spawned NPCs far away from the roids.

Dropping BPCs for accelerators is fine, and gives industrialists something to do. Players who just want to shoot stuff could complete the event just by shooting stuff if they liked… I even did a little mining in that event just to have some extra chromo’s to build accelerators.

Even permafrost with its faults had 3 gates for the different playstyles which was also good. Did a lot of hacking for skins but I didn’t like new challenges that forced you to mine to complete the event.

Just give players a few different ways they can complete the event without forcing them to do one specific role. Always provide a playstyle option that newbies can do (ie… mining/hacking/huffing) where they can do it without much worry about NPCs killing them. Newbies can probably run the basic guardian’s gala sites which is good but the NPC spawn rate is annoying and the ‘lootbox’ style rewards just takes all the fun out of it.

4 Likes

Thanks again for posting, man- it seriously means a lot and we appreciate it.

o7

1 Like

Let me second that; thanks for responding to some of our concerns.
Whatever you are drinking or eating, whatever private information you hold, whatever is allowing you to respond on the forums to us, please slip some to CCP Falcon and the rest of the developers. There are times I feel like tapping the screen and asking “is this thing on?”.

2 Likes

:thinking:

That was supposedly fixed last year.

3 Likes

Thanks for replying, and I see what you express here.

The main point is, that CCP needs to take the events seriously and not as testing ground for weird or risky ideas (anymore). The events are IMO a major driver for players to login or keep being interested in the game, if the rewards are worth it. And it’s (still) a sandbox feature!

3 Likes

L O L
:rofl:

Here they all are.

2 Likes

let us not forget, we are EVE players, we don’t do easy. We don’t want spoonfed, we don’t need things handed to us on a silver plater. We will earn our rewards, they just need to work and be there. Somewhere… anywhere… :boom:

2 Likes

Did you steal all the event sites?
Bad Rivr!
Put them back where you found them!

3 Likes

And that’s not even all of them. There were 10 more but my dscan window wasn’t tall enough. :smile:

1 Like

Bad event bad hehe

1 Like

The last two events have been totally crap (and yes, I`ve been playing Eve since 2004)

CCP are making it far too difficult to mine the ore/get a decent refining result

2 Likes