Event Feedback - Operation Permafrost

That’s dedication … attribute boosters are going to be an expensive rarity, at this rate. So far I have 0 points in this event, might sit this one out.

2 Likes

Why harsh? They reflect reality. Sure, blaming the devs and raging towards them is wrong, as I don’t think they are responsible for the decision of releasing this. But this event was advertised, and released in a state that is certainly unfinished and untested. Now the meatshield devs are taking the heat from “harsh” comments, while trying to repair and complete this. I root for them, but the comments aimed at the event and ccp itself are not harsh.

I for one still can’t complete the event. Only have mining missions. My skill level allows me to participate and not die to troll waves, but i am forced to mine or gtfo. Burn my eyes while i compete for 1 wreck with no noticeable loot against min 5+ players. And there are A LOT of players under my skill level. How do they feel? Imagine you joined because of the advertising, or went omega to run the event. How would you feel?
I had about 5% enthusiasm regarding this event, all of it aimed at getting some cosmetic skins at least, and that died when I noticed i am stuck with the same missions for 3 days. Would you like to inject/train mining skills/ mine the missions for me, so I can at least get some skins? Guess not.
I’m not even going to mention not being able to get the boosters, which were the only best part of the event for me, but i guess that was intended.

Here’s what I would do:

• remove troll cloud
  • scale down the brightness
  • scale down the troll rats (less damage, no infinity shooting range from bs, NO new ecm rats! x( )
  • increase drops (hacked 45 cans, got 7 skins and 8 boosters mostly t1…my finger hurt) - more booster bpc’s!
  • decrease hacking difficulty a bit to allow for low players to participate.
  • remove troll missions (changing ship, weapon size, killing a panda bear with small bananas while flying a kangaroo, etc)
  • merge gas and asteroid yield under the same type of material. Missions regarding this also.
  • increase bs spawn time like the hacking cans
  • scale to normal levels the material required to reprocess for the missions in that structure
  • increase mining yield (you’re mining under fire after all)
  • add the option to decline, or at least add 1 hour expiration timer on the missions.
  • increase the expiration date on the boosters and maybe the event to cover for lost time.

And maybe with these changes, the bewildering terrible idea of having just 1 site/constellation can be balanced.
'Ts what I would do anyway. And I do feel for the devs that are trying to do damage control while taking heat without their fault. Don’t give up! :sunny:

7 Likes

Lets be honest if your missions expired at some point that wasn’t a long amount of time you really wouldn’t give a ■■■■ about “troll missions”.

True, I admit what I said was a bit redundant, but one or the other idas might work just as fine.

later edit Third Day after downtime…still stuck on the same missions. Still cannot get points unless mining.

1 Like

If there was someway to focus in or out of the various challenges … so you only want to do hacking for example then maybe people would be a bit happier.

The changing challenges lead to everything being disjointed, you can’t get into a groove and just makes it, well boring.

3 Likes

Lost a tanked Venture to “invisible cloud” while orbiting center beacon in the room at 150km. Was doing it perfectly fine whole day and then it happened - by the time i got alarm of low shield it was too late.

Now, one can say that “you should have watched your ship” and they will be partially right, BUT (big one!) i beg you to differ: it takes exactly 50 minutes (2 units per 24sec cycle, 250 units limit, 125 cycles, 3000seconds) of doing nothing to fill a Venture with event gas, and you are required to do this multiple times in a row (with some event objectives being bugged/not counting) to progress through event on a blindingly (to the point of hurting eyes) bright screen. So to preserve sanity i was doing something else - cruiser rats cant hit me anyway because of speed.

1 Like

It’s fine. easy to deal with.

it’s fine, they drop from BS

It’s fine, you have unlimited number of trials.

only for the gas. ATM the gas is worth 10M/h, the ore is worth 80M/h with max skills and a booster.

So it seems that if you’re a hacker, you get no cerebral accelerators. I’ve been hacking for an hour and a half, and all I got were skins and combat boosters. I’d like to see the loot table be made available to all professions, not just ratters. I don’t know if this is a bug??? At this point, everything is FUBAR, and I don’t understand what’s a bug and what’s WAD.

1 Like

This event is taking way too long to do and for very little reward. This is day three for me and I’m on 186 points. I now have to hack 30 cans to get a few more points. All I’m getting is Galcial Skins and some low grade boosters. I’ve also had to buy two new ships and refit a third just to complete some missions so I can keep going.

Just introduce a Tedious skill book to the game and make us train that, I think it would be more fun.

3 Likes

I will not consider your comment, you are a little brat who considers that everything must be tailored to him and that he must get money from an event without the need to think about it.

Also you do not understand that the worth of a resource is inversely proportional to the capacity to exploit it. So the easier the event, the more worthless it becomes.
In the end, you always complain.

So yes, I rather look at the good things rather than the bad things.
I’m relieved they removed camera lock, they fixed roids and cans spawn. Yet I don’t feed entitled to be spoonfed when I play a free game.

sigh You are either a troll, either involved in a romantic relationship with the event, either lacking something. I wish I could block you, but I don’t know how. Maybe someone can help me with that. Also the game is not free.

1 Like

when life gives you lemon, you roll on the floor and cry you wanted melons …

1 Like

Guys, your story will finish by beeing in love with each other, it’s cute

So Anderson_Geten and Autumn Knight, when’s the wedding? Everyone in this thread should be invited! Bros before hos!

But Autum_Knight, I have to say some aspect are frustrating though ! Agree on that

After visitng Jita and selling most my event loot I have to say that looting event battleships is still the most profitable activity in hisec.
Accelerator prices are high and IF you get a standard you get 4 from a bpc and even the other drops arent worthless yet. Unfortunately basic accelerators cost more to make than sell right now.

It may not be an enjoyable activity but if you can consistently loot things it is profitable for now.

2 Likes

The rewards are proportional to what we’re up against. The combat while not straight forward isn’t hard, this is worth it. The hacking is hard, I have 4’s in all hacking skills and I have trouble… then again I might be ■■■■ at it :stuck_out_tongue: The ice and gas isn’t hard but takes time.

The rewards aren’t ‘The Best’ because the challenges aren’t. The Agency tasks seem out of the box… I dunno… dont fit with the event?

Just my take :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am just not used to seeing people buying standard accelerators for 60 mil and that’s the buy order not the sell one. At least in Amarr.

This new ore is running up the price of everything.

That’s because people rather complain that consider what is and what is not worth doing.
In the end, other people do what’s worth their time, and adapt to changes.

I am building 5 * 4 standard bpcs right now. Built 3 * 4 more before.

I pay like every one else that’s not too cheep to pay omega or cheating with bots… i have a bought and paid for the right to be able to access worthwhile new material, information like patch notes or have conversation with an employee - cause we are paying customers, paying for a service we are being denied…

1 Like