Event Feedback - Operation Permafrost

you pay to be able to log in your account.

Are you denied to log in your account ? that’s because you were botting for sure.

And we still can’t sell or buy these bpc’s with contracts. The drop of bpc’s comparted to other events(even where you got directly the accel) is abyssmal.

so what ? At least the accels are not worth nothing.

It would be nice if there was a way to buy and sell the BPC’s. I know I would like to buy, and it sounds like there are people wanting to sell.

And, I think it’s time I checked out of this thread. It seems to have devolved into arguments.

3 Likes

that I totally agree with.

Now what I ask for “so what” is the low drop rate of bpcs. In previous events, drop rate was so high the bpcs were worth nothing, not even the time to sell it on contract.

Its not really a low drop rate of bpcs, there are plenty of basic bpcs going around, its just much harder to get your usual fix of standards/advanceds/extendeds.

I just killed around 15 BS and dropped 2 basics and 1 standard only. I’ve got around 10 standard total, and yet not any extended/advanced.

1 Like

Looks like same drop rate as past events, though much less boss ships this time in total. BPCs only drop from the BS bosses AFAIK.

1 Like

Where you doing them in Null Low or High sec?

been doing the event solely in HS.

Bollocks. Go away.

ok I killed exactly 14 BS in exactly 67 minutes (a lot of useless jumps, because I did not want to optimize it) without the last 3 (which dropped nothing) that would have been 11 BS in <40min.
http://evepraisal.com/a/kho6k

5 basics,
1 BCU,
2 harvesters,
total BO 80M

meanwhile my 2 alt mined exactly 38k condensates, so http://evepraisal.com/a/kho9l
268M (however they started before I started to kill BS, so I’d say it is 100M/h… which is the number I found)

BTW yesterday I think there was ± 3 cruisers per BS, and I often took quite a beating ; now it’s more 1 cr average per BS, so the rats have toned down a bit. I needed to OL my invul only once, and I never ran out of cap (with a non-capstable fit of course). This means that brawling ship are much more at ease.

IMO an hyper blaster kronos would be the best ship for this event.
something like

this
[Kronos, *Simulated Kronos]
Reactive Armor Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Large Micro Jump Drive
500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Heavy Stasis Grappler II

Neutron Blaster Cannon II
Bastion Module I
Small Tractor Beam II
Heavy Energy Nosferatu II
Heavy Energy Nosferatu II

Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Null L x3000
Void L x3320

though the bastion is useless.

Gotta say, this one is not doing well compared to Drone Swarm and the Harvest.

First, where the hell do you refine the vapor and actually get credit for it? I’ve huffed the stuff for over 2 hours last night. Tried refining it in the NPC station, no points. Tried refining it in a refining citadel, no points. This was after buying a skill injector and speed training Gas harvesting on an alt JUST to earn these points.

Second, since when do RLMLs NOT count as medium weapons??

I’ve run into several situations where points are not applied in the various catagories. Very very disappointing.

Finally, the most annoying part of this event is that you cannot get into a rhythm to run it. (particularly in the mining gate) Mine this stuff! (ok, done) Now grab a different ship and mine that stuff… Kill these rats! (ok!) NOW, kill these rats with a different ship/weapon system. (WHAT?) NO, not that weapon system…

Had to laugh when the word “trigger” kept appearing in my local chat.

I am now done with it. This one was not implemented very well.

3 Likes

Hack 40 Frostline Logistics Nodes? Have the people setting these tasks ever done that? WTF?

2 Likes

you can warp in the site. take two clusters of 4 cans that are in diagonal ; put a BM 40 away from each, use a mwd ship ; hack a cluster, warp @50 on the further BM, you land in the other cluster, hack, repeat.
1min per hack I think.
the rats just keep boucning on you, as you bounce from can to can. if you cloak they even start buggin and wont attack you until you land :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi this event is only for very rich people in EVE, it does absolutely nothing to be accesible for new players. Abyssal Deadspace is way better then this,

Why do they not instantiate this thing also? I find this event as being a really bad joke.

2 Likes

have you tried mining in a fleet ?

Forget the complications of the various Tasks - I’m abandoning the points game, with its lame insistence that you click buttons to claim your points that any computer was capable of doing, a number of events ago… it was automatic. @CCP_Turtlepower @CCP_Dragon @CCP_Shreddy PLEASE address this. “Easy to play, hard to master…” where did that idea go?

1 Like

“Hack 10 Frostline Nodes in 17 Minutes” … I managed to open 3 so far with a lot of tries and luck. Also, now that the Centurions spawn again, they run away into the “Atmospheric Damage” - I realized it once I lost a full fly of drones.
Honestly, I like the idea of being “forced” to try diffrent things - why not. But the overall execution of this event seems very questionable to me. Of course guys with 10mio SP and up would like a challenge. But expecting players with let´s say my 2,5 mio SP to enjoy the same event in the same area… this doesn´t work out CCP!

Edit: And of course not to forget the good old “In a Mining Frigate, defeat a player”. I’m at 164 points at the event, and my options to gain more seem to run out. That is a bit frustrating! Give us a chance to refresh some of the absurd tasks, please!

3 Likes