Event Feedback - Operation Permafrost

I’d like to write a mini-guide for rookie pilots about how to run this event, after scrolling posts into this thread, but idk, I feel kinda lazy… :thinking:

1 Like

I have a 2-run BPC from Centurion loot … keep for next year :wink:

EDIT: Actually I like the challenges itself (even if they disturb the flow) and would totally go for it, if I knew I had more time to complete (out of town for the next 2 weeks). Just for fun, the rewards are crap.

1 Like

24 more bs kills

http://evepraisal.com/a/khsuq

3 standard, 7 basic bpcs

What is the goal in the quests “Investigate the West-Polar-Gate (or East- or North-Polar-Gate)” ??? I’ve no idea, can somebody help me out …

1 Like

warp on beacon ; right clic on each of the gates, look at

Thank you …

1 Like

You made it to 186 points?! I gave up after I hit 70. I got a skin for my Legion in that time frame and said “Thank you and ■■■■ this, I’m going back to J-Space.” It’s such a tedious event with a terrible point/challenge system.

I’ll just buy some other skins near the end of the event when everything has been farmed to hell.

@CCP, at least this wasn’t as bad as the Grand Prix event, so you have my thanks in that regard.

2 Likes

Make events the same as they were years ago. Then the problem is solved. simplify it back to the one room with a few waves boss at end drops the loot. Iv said this a few time in this forum but i think this is the Best option. Yes players did ask for new event content but they definitely did not ask for unfinished broken content at least the events of old were playable and worth doing.

2 Likes

Passive tank Nereus is a beast :wink:

2 Likes

What is the goal in the quests “Investigate the West-Polar-Gate (or East- or North-Polar-Gate)” ??? I’ve no idea, can somebody help me out …

Simply using the gates don’t fulfill the challenges … What must I do to finish this quests ???

1 Like

Could some one explain to me why Cerebral Accelerator dropped at a nice rate for years as loot but in the last few events they are as bpc

1 Like

you have to “look at” gate to investigate

I keep seeing ‘worth it’. I have tried hacking, combat and mining… I don’t understand this isn’t worth it. I made 1bil from hacking in 4 hours. I’ll make 300mil from the BS drops - 1hr and I am yet to tally my mining earnings. I’ve spent about 6 hrs on this event.

Are you saying the activities to get the rewards aren’t fun? Describe how they’re not. Not picking at you, it’s just to me, they are enjoyable, with a degree of tediousness.

1 Like

i also have tried each job in this event and have not made much maybe im just realy unlucky :’(

thanks …

The old events were massive isk earners i would grind skins/Cerebral Accelerators for the week and make 8-10 bill. my comment of worth it was in comparison to the events of old.

1 Like

Imo Cerebral Accelerator is one of the main reasons i think players join in on the event having lowering there drop rate makes alot not want to partake just a thought.

3 Likes

Old events were that good eh? Nice. Is that a big issue?

I haven’t checked how worth it the accelerators are… I remember the old crimson ones that lasted 3 days(max bio) and gave 10 points. 110mil per? I think.

I dunno what you do and maybe I was lucky but nearly 2bil in 6 hrs is more than I usually make by far. Comparing it to old events I can see why it was nerfed.

I have found one thing I rly don’t like… the need to add the ‘irregular’ things to the overview.

i think it is a big issue in the sense of wanting more active players to join in on the event

if our normal play is better isk/per hr and more rewarding why would we do events?

1 Like