Event Feedback - The Skilling Spree Returns!

You don’t understand. I’m not stepping over that line into Null again because the grass isn’t greener. I run incursions. In high security space.
Its still sad to watch the people splash in the sand thinking its water.

With that many Euro I would buy Eve and change the rules to be what I think is fair. The first one would probably be some kind of upkeep payment for ships, a storage charge for items and a real crime and punishment system that meant an actual career could be made from chasing down gankers without having to get kill rights or wait for them to undock from their NPC hidey holes.

1 Like

So why are you mad about black out ? Is it a giant joke ? We had “less players” because maybe it was efficient to remoove some bots ? Do you enjoy bots ? I don’t.

I am supporting at 100,39443438573408730 % CCP on bot hunting. They needed to get data and to make a funny experiment at the same time, it was good. They took risks by disturbing dinausors.

I have to admit that suicide gank is too easy and you should definitly loose more security status, to push gankers in low sec to have more people in low sex.

We also maybe need a new system to repay your crimes.

I am the wormhole police dpt by the way, we don’t have this kind of issues with our criminals. I love my criminals, I am half one.

Because it hurt bots way less than it hurt me?
The whole non-bloc nullsec is one huge blackout PTSD zone which is hesitating to commit back to the game because there’s a threat of another blackout.

You know what’s best measure against bots? Close the server. That’ll show em, 100% reduction in botting, so it probably has your 100,39443438573408730 % support.

1 Like

I will give you a special cream to heal your wounds… I am super sensitive too you know, I know what you feel. :heart::smiling_face::heart:

I love your extreme way of acting. But see, overall the blackout was a smooth tool. So you can say : thank you ccp, you didn’t close the server, you just tried the blackout.

We are totally in osmosis you and me Orca.

Edit : Beeing positiv is not a weakness.

It’s the same. I couldn’t play eve for the whole duration, might as well been a server closure.

Being positive about having a bowl of ■■■■ served to you is a sickness.

1 Like

There is always something good to take in any experience, see now you are back and super happy :smiling_face: And we all agree to say we are super happy to have you back with us :smiling_face: Oh you should maybe keep playing and moove in wormhole space to try how safe it is too, but you where too shocked to play somewhere else in the game.

This is your choice, I respect dinausors.

I’m not even close as active as I was before derpout.

At the moment I’m doing pretty much nothing but rolling around in kitchen sink ships covering my mates. Attempt to do anything productive falls apart at the thought “but what if another blackout?”, which made everything I’ve done in nullsec meaningless.

My sub runs out in a few days. I’m thinking of downgrading it to one account, and then maybe even that account goes, if threat of blackout persists.

1 Like

You should try project discovery, it is nice and you will help science. Don’t be depressed.

This is obvious, you need something new. You will find it !

What you call the safest place, wormhole space… I am living with the “fear” for many years. I know that everything i build or bring inside can be destroy and I will loose everything. This is the game. Is it meaningless ? Yes and no. Yes because we are playing in a sandbox building sand’s castles and destroying others sand’s castles. No because we are having fun, and this is not meaningless.

Go live adventures ! Space is wide, in eve too !

This thread topic is about Skilling spree… I believe there’s another thread for discussing Blackout… and this thread isn’t it.

3 Likes

Skilling Spree is about blackout. Every time CCP drops the ball they dangle skill points out in apology and to ensure people keep playing they now tie it to activity. Skilling spree could be a good event if it wasn’t just a thin veneer for a monumental stuff up.

1 Like

Blackout was just abuse to the point of feeling like if you weren’t in the special super club you didn’t matter.

Halloween was pure pandering to the section of the community that would bash someone for wearing the wrong football jersey.

Christmas… removal of Asset safety as some kind of sick anti-santa that farts all your items out into space shouting ho ho ho?

Evil secret Santa, you loose a random ship that gets given to someone else…lol…

No, it’s not about Blackout. The title of this thread is about Skilling Spree which was implemented long before the Blackout was

This thread title is about the Skilling Spree and what you’re doing is

1 Like

I measured it for all 28 days of the July/August skilling spree mark I on all 9 of my toons…

and I measured it for 50 out of 51 days (whoops, missed one) of the October/November skilling spree mark II on 6 of those 9 toons…

and the 50k tasks are definitely less than 10%. I don’t feel that the above charting represents too small of a sample size. At times, the 50k rate was up to 6.1% per my #s and at times down to as little as 3.7%… but in the end, it ended up around 5.2%.

Also, the whole 70, 75, 80% for 10k SP and 15 to 25% for 25k SP and let’s say ~3% to ~6% 50k SP reward spread is eerily similar to the skill accelerator BPCs from the final few real events a year ago (you know, the last Halloween event sites we had, the Christmas/Winter ones, and the Valentine’s Day ones of late 2018/early 2019 where accels didn’t drop anymore but instead we got the BPCs and the event ore to mine and then we made the accels ourselves or bought them on the market or contract from other capsuleers who made them).

So yeah… 10%… I wish! over 18 months of keeping track of every single accel BPC and every SP task day over multiple accounts and dozens upon dozens of days… tells me otherwise.

Charting our results is not trying to imply we’ve discovered some sort of secret way to manipulate getting the good one more often or the less good ones less often (the only thing that has control over that is CCP, ofc!), in fact… if you read my posts as well as DMC’s you’d see that I agree they’re a flat % rate, we just disagree on what that % spread is.

Interestingly, my main main (highest SP of all 9 of my toons) DID get the least amount of SP both in July/August and in October/November, which is probably a coincidence, but… I’m actually happy about it, because I’d rather the other toons further behind catch up a bit towards that toon.

That (Xel_Naga’s data over 9 toons as well) is pretty close to my %ages from 6 toons and 9 toons charting) as stated earlier in the thread and in the previous skilling spree thread(s). Within the margin of error, as they say.

Yes, this is why I downshifted from doing it on all 9 of my toons to “just” 6 of them. I likely would have just done it on my 3 mains but my 3 newest alts have taken advantage of CCP’s recent 3 month MCT w/ sub sales (both of 'em), and they need all the extra SP they can get… I’m giving them all the free SP from the login screen events and thus they also are enjoying the SP tasks from both skilling sprees so far. I welcome more, but I also welcome a gap/break in between them, too.

Yeah. It’s good now and then, but not 365 days a year. However, CCP shut it off shortly (a week to 10 days later?) after the EVE Korea announcement and the convention they attended in S. Korea that next weekend, and tons of new Korean accounts were created, both alpha and omega, in the days around that weekend… I wonder how many are disappointed that the free SP they were accustomed to every day suddenly went away during their first fortnight playing the game.

However, CCP’s also experimenting with those extra rewards for (some) new toons/accounts dealie… which is apparently one of those double blind studies with a placebo and all. I translated what appeared to be two Korean newbies in an newbie NPC corpchat talking about it where one wasn’t getting the rewards and one was… so… some are doubly screwed now and some are only singly screwed (lucky them!).

Skilling Spree = good.

Even more stupid tears over the BO and invading yet another unrelated thread with it = funny af.

Grow up.

2 Likes

I said “In my opinion”, which means it’s not a statement of fact. However since the tasks were all random, everybody’s numbers will be completely different.

The only thing that matters to me is that all of the various free SP giveaways allowed my 11 characters to gain anywhere from 2.8 mill SP’s to 3.4 mill SP’s.

1 Like

Hello CCP,

when’s the event coming back? #CCPlease :joy: