Event Feedback - XVI Anniversary Celebrations!

Sweet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, already that time again? I could swear we just got done celebrating Eve’s Birthday. Guess I should check the Eve calendar more often.

Anyway, glad I happened to click the notification for this thread when I opened the forums. Definitely don’t want to miss any opportunity to get free game stuff.

Sadly though, the Dev Blog is very lacking in info and other than the few items mentioned, I actually have no idea what all is included in this Birthday give-away.

:thinking:

Anyway, for some reason I’m reminded of a song from The Who - Won’t Get Fooled Again.

Specifically the last phrase of the song:

Meet the new boss,
Same as the old boss.

:wink:

Yeah I was actually gonna resub an account, but then it dawned on me I was being rused and I’d just be paying 12 euro to log in once per day for 1.25 mil SP in a game I no longer actually play. I could get 6 cans of beer and a bag of chips for the same price and get blathered while playing something else which is probably a better deal.

Weird that you have an Avatar that could have only been created from 2010 at the earliest.

Are you a time traveler?

No, but had you actually understood how the avatar change was done you would know all they did was update the models, by default they created an updated version of the same avatar you had before the update :wink:

Case in point my avatar from before the engine was updated

5 Likes

You mean one of the Monocles which was never released?

Why rage?

1 Like

Me like free sp :crazy_face:

1 Like

Nothing to rage about… its a good thing that everyone has a silver monocle. It reminds people that they are second best behind those with gold monocles. Remember kids… If you’re not first, you’re last.

1 Like

8 Likes

check claim
log off

not even entered the game,

that’s stupid event…

happy XVI anniversary, put some more enthusiasm no?

1 Like

Yeah that isn’t worth my time sadly, thanks for the link though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, CCP.

I still don’t get why people get so uppity about free ■■■■ that the devs didn’t even have to put together just because it isn’t always practical stuff or something to their liking. It’s even more a mystery to me knowing this time includes two and a half injectors worth of SP. Some of you sound like you needed hugs…then got offended that CCP did and held you too tightly.

9 Likes

They started putting certain items in containers to allow for market trading of items normally contracted, like BPC’s. They can defer RNG and factionalize items by character with things like ammo crates, which is sort of interesting. It makes it easier to buy more of the same, or get rid of “unwanted junk gifts” depending on your point of view.

I don’t mind this sort of “click to claim,” but it’s beyond lame to use for Agency Points (my previous event complaint,) where the reward should be tied to game actions just completed.

2 Likes

because monocles used to be a mark of the elite, and now the plebs will have them! /s

and by that I mean I’m putting monocles on all my characters

1 Like

16 plex for a skin? Are you high?

1 Like

what is this policy of discrimination and intolerance towards alpha accounts!!! these gifts no longer Express material benefit… they show the attitude of developers to their audience… and here it is clear that the developers do not favor alpha accounts.and so this event causes negative emotions.if you give gifts-then give all the same.no-it means do not give anything to anyone.and it turns out that omega’s people and alpha so that the dregs!!!extremely disappointed with your attitude to their players.I urge all players to the alpha accounts to boycott the game or even go into other projects.the benefit of such a lot and they have a much better eve.and ahead of the caustic comments on the type of “bring down without you luchshe”,I will say-bees,ants also do not see.but if they disappear,it will be bad.analogy is rough but adequate people will understand.

You might want to check if that actually works.

Last time they had this type of reward-for-login you had to physically redeem each item before the next one was awarded. And this happened even if you did log in on different days.

Just a warning in case CCP is using the same process again.

2 Likes

Did similar at xmas. Log on, claim to put into redeeming queue to redeem later on, log off.

3 Likes

Stop being a freeloader if you want better gifts

3 Likes

I love EVE, but also love life. To that end I will be traveling with my family during this event. Is there any way to get the nice rewards without having to log into the client, as I will not have a computer handy?

1 Like