Event Feedback - XVI Anniversary Celebrations!

You do realise that you’re flogging a dead horse here arguing with players who’re incapable of ever accepting that it was they who were wrong?

How are people “wrong” when they point out what they think is a falsely advertised and poorly executed event?
Enough people can change reality like when the whole world celebrated the start of the new millennium in 1999-2000 except for a few party-poopers who pointed out that the millennium wasn’t until next new years eve. Those party-poopers were right but people decided not to listened to them. I feel like one of those party-poopers. Everyone just decided that the 19th was the last day you could claim the last gift even tho the ad said you should be able to claim on the 20th.

1 Like

Well, that is the part that’s wrong.

You can and could’ve claimed the gift on the 20th. No one decided that the last day to claim the gift was the 19th. Up until 11 am UTC on the 20th, you were allowed to claim the gift.

What you, and a lot of other people are angry about is why you couldnt claim 2 gifts in the span of 24 hours. Well, think about it. If the event is claiming 1 gift every day, then there is always going to be a 24 hour period where you can only redeem 1 gift. The event began on downtime, and CCP told you the event began on downtime, and CCP also said it would end on the 20th.

So, downtime on the 20th is when the event would end, if you were thinking rationally and reasonably.

1 Like

You guys are serious? The event ended more than one moth ago and you are still arguing if the deadline was on the 19th or 20th?

Move on something else guys… This is an old story….

1 Like

Well, some of us like messing with the way our character looks. Your loss bro

1 Like

The taste of ■■■■ in my mouth is still fresh from when I logged in on the 20th. and got shafted by CCP. Since then I have logged in to my 127 mil sp capsuleer many times. All the possibilities and all the resources… still I just twirl my ship a few times and just log off.

This thread is fuel for my resolve to stay away from the game so I’ll keep posting here just to keep contact with the game and the community.

fly safe.

2 Likes

Don’t do that. You can’t serve two masters. Liquidate, trash and otherwise dump your assets. Then biomass your character(s). That will both test and then support your resolve to stay away. But don’t keep posting here, because you will just keep coming back, including to actually play the game. Eventually.

What’s it going to be, boy? Yes? Or no?

Can he sleep on it?

1 Like

I gotta know right now.

2 Likes

This is absolutely the worst advice to give.

@Fitz_Blitz, Keep your account, character and assets intact. Take a break if needed and continue to keep watch on the game for news and expansions.

I also suggest that you keep your account subbed and continue skill training, even if you don’t log into the game for extended periods. That way when you decide to jump back into the game your character will be ready.

1 Like

Which advice ignores the context which is for @Fitz_Blitz to …

You are advocating that he/she makes an each way bet as to whether they will or will not “stay away”. I’m advocating instead that it is better to make a decision, one way or the other, and then stick with it.

In reality, if they find that they can’t ….

… then they will in fact have already made their decision. QED.

The only reason for doing a bunch of multiple quotes is to dissect the context of the original statement in an attempt to find something to nitpick about.

I really don’t care what you think. I’m sure CCP loves having players like you here in these forums telling others to unsub and trash their characters.

Correct.

No. It does have the benefit of making any nitpicking transparent but otherwise it is simply, 1) to provide evidence as to what is being replied to, and also, 2) to maintain context. (Which is also nitpicking on my part; go figure.)

I very much doubt that. However, the point was simply to advise @Fitz_Blitz to make a decision. One way or the other. Stay or go, without my advocating which one is better.

Well that isn’t true. If you were advising him to make a choice then you would have mentioned both aspects instead of just telling him to trash his account.

eg …

You never advised him to keep his account and take a break. Also your insistence to only post a small section of quote instead of the entire statement is an attempt to portray my statements out of context. Just stop with the deceit and subterfuge.

I know. You did. Subsequently. That’s the value of a community-based discussion; many voices.

I advised him to make a black and white decision. Make a clean break, once and for all, to support his “resolve to stay away from the game”. Otherwise, he would be back. Simple choice.

No, it is an attempt at brevity on my part, as I am an otherwise long-winded forum poster.

Sure and nobody said to remove the clothes, but unless they add something i can actually make use of the celebration is about the same as one guy standing in a corner with a party horn for me

I’m not S. Rex, but yes, the new century/millenium did not begin until January 1, 2001.

Blame the early Christians for the whole 1 BC to 1 AD thing with no year zero in between, it’s all their fault.

That’s a sign you needed a break anyway. But I’ll agree with DMC and say you should just keep your toon training and wait until you’re ready to play again to spend more than a minute or two here and there on EVE. Burnout is real, yo.

1 Like