Event Feedback - XVI Anniversary Celebrations!

First ever complaint here. Man, I feel like a fool logging in every day and not getting the prize. Is it because I missed one day maybe? Don’t tell us we’re getting something and then, “just kidding!”

Only a couple of CCP employees read anything on the official forums, so chances are they won’t read anything you or I post, but more to the point - they don’t actually give a damn

You could try reddit, but you’ll probably get down-voted to hell to avoid any publicity

Or try Pearl Abyss on twitter/facebook - that might have more impact if written well - CCP bonuses from the Pearl Abyss acquisition are tied to increased income potential (which of course includes increased log-ins) - so you can always suggest PA ask for the amount of time accounts were logged in for, rather than raw log-in numbers (that would be interesting - have these efforts increase participation, or just a cynical log-in exercise)

1 Like

Totally aware that I’m complaining to the void. Overall I enjoy EVE and will continue playing. I truthfully didn’t read the event details - I’m assuming it stated you can’t miss a day to get the million… Just a bit disappointed. We got some great stuff regardless.

1 Like

Another one here. I don’t get it: I logged in EVERY DAY - got all the rewards up to and including the 15th day. Logged in just now (1345 Eve time on 20 May - prevous login was just before DT, same day) and I see now 16th day rewards.

WTF??

Not that I know of, though I don’t read every single thread on the forums nor keep up with every new thread and post, nor every news item for that matter, so it is possible they did but am not aware of anything such. Maybe they will respond later or whatever or might just brush it under the rug, no idea.

Good idea opening a ticket, maybe if there is enough backlash they might do something. On that note be sure to mobilize the pitchfork army on r/Eve as CCP only cares about reddit backlash and don’t give the slightest about their own forums and feedback posted in it. Yup that’s CCP for you. :thinking:

2 Likes

can i have your stuff?

lol i got my million sp 2 days ago wtf? why didnt the rest of you?

Because I didn’t join/Omega Eve Online until exactly 16 days were left. “LoL” Sure, you can have my stuff…all 17 days worth of it :wink:

2 Likes

Joining the late game party.

The 20th May should be my 16th day logging in over the event period, and the event window does not pop up on any of my 'toons. I assumed, obviously wrongly that the 20th was inclusive.

Re-reading the event announcement, its not very clear.

3 Likes

This happened to me today too. I’ve logged in every day and today there was no redeem option.

2 Likes

Same here. Logged in every day, came home from work today, logged for my final day’s award and got nothing.

Not impressed.

4 Likes

Like many others, I logged on my 16 days but no rewards on the last day because at some point I logged in on the wrong downtime cycle. This should have been communicated better. I logged in this morning before work, and again at work to double check and no rewards with 5 and 3 hours on the clock. Had I logged in a few hours earlier one of those days I would have gotten my SP.

The whole thing is silly and poorly done.

3 Likes

‘‘you can upgrade at any point during the celebrations and receive all the outstanding Omega rewards retroactively.’’

This had me thinking I would get everything regardless of when I re-subbed omega haha. Guess I can’t read, happy I re-subbed for 3 days of rewards on 3 accounts.

JeBaited.

2 Likes

Its the 20th of May and the event ended??? I was on step 16. Should you not have said thru the 19th?
CCP you need to be more pro than this.

4 Likes

Yeah, this was a bit disappointing. The communication could be improved imo.

Seven days remaining to claim seven gifts made me think there was enough time, while CCP already knew I was too late for the last one.

It’s the anticlimax, not the skill points…:beers:

7 Likes

So very disappointed to have missed not one, but two days of the giveaways … and missed out on my chance for the 1M skill points. Hey, I appreciate the giveaways. Happy Birthday, but CCP, you really needed to be more generous on the days allowed to redeem … some of us really do have lives and couldn’t log in every day. 16 days of rewards and you should have given us 30 to redeem them all - sequentially.

5 Likes

So just give every account 1 mil so. Save time and the hassle CCP. You should of learned by now. Remember the patch launch’s and then the server going down for 3-4 days.

4 Likes

Same problem for me :frowning: … we are the 20th of may and i can’t get my 16th reward :cry:

4 Likes

same here logged in everyday after work, west coast, still May 20th.

4 Likes

Logged in to find out apparently I can’t claim the 16th day on May 20th on the East Coast.

4 Likes