Event Feedback - XVI Anniversary Celebrations!

In previous years, you didn’t have to log in every day to get that a reward; you just had to log in during the right window. I resubbed a little late, then didn’t immediately realize that I had to log in every single day. As a result, I got screwed out of the last 2 days on my main and nearly the whole thing on my alt account. I would encourage you to be better at communicating with your players. However, I’ve been playing this game for 13-1/2 years and if you were capable of something like that, you’d have learned how to do it already. Hope the log-in metrics were worth it. Only you idjits could find ways to make your players mad by giving them stuff.

4 Likes

Thanks for the free stuffs! A bit sad I missed the biggest prize. That million SP would have gone a long way.

2 Likes

I’m so glad so many of you missed out

What a shower - Email came in late, I re-subbed just for this and didn’t get all the rewards by one day Now I’ve had an FU email from CCP.

Another long term player here that’s just been right royally shafted.

2 Likes

“If you upgrade to Omega after the event has started, you will still get all the Omega rewards you missed retroactively”, this sentence has made me upgrade 3 of my ALPHA to Omega, but then when I upgrade to Omega I didn’t get the missed retroactive event gifts, it give me only the first day and, day by day starting from day 1. When I press claim all, I just got that day gift, and that’s it. I thought if I upgrade to Omega, for even the event started or left with 1 day left, I still get all the Event gifts, especially aiming for the free SP, but as of yet, I didn’t receive all of it. Is this a TYPO error to lulled ALPHA to join to OMEGA or an honest TYPO mistake ? Then I fell miserably for that. Lucky I didn’t resub all 6 of my ALPHAs.

Did you claim the alpha gifts for all the other days as well?

If so, then that is an actual bug. As long as you claimed the gifts as an alpha, you should and will get all the gifts you would’ve gotten had you been omega.

I would petition CCP because that is an actual bug you encountered.

The original post said we had til the 20th that implies that the 20th is included

I had to attend my sons graduation in 2000 miles away which is way more important than EVE but still this just plain sucks

missing the last day is just plain crap

And the FU mail from CCP was just …bad

3 Likes

Seriously disappointed at how customer support is handling this. When I redeemed the 15th day reward I had 16 hours left and couldn’t redeem on the final day listed for the promotion. The timing here was absolutely not clear, and the time period of the promotion was far too short. 16 of 18 days to get all rewards, when the last day didnt count, so it was really 16 of 17 days for people in many time zones with work and school lives?

CCP Games can do better than this. Shoot your prior promotional login campaigns have been better than this.

4 Likes

It seems like an unusual marketing choice for CCP. Eve seems to appeal to many people that have a lot going out outside of the game, but there was not a lot of warning that this event was coming up, so some people feel tricked, or even cheated, by that.

There was clearly one giant prize, and it was right at the end. Put the monocle at the end guys, and the Jita Riots! CCP probably should have just made one giveaway per day, so that people would lose out on the early prizes, but eventually they would get huge login numbers on the last day for the skillpoints. Not doing this meant that many, many alpha clones had no strong incentive to upgrade.

Giveaways are nice for the players, but CCP could have gotten some people (maybe a lot?) to upgrade to Omega in the process - and I think CCP would have seen that as win-win. Yet, this huge mass giveaway has just become another vehicle for salty tears and CCP bashing. Meanwhile, all the people who got in on Day 1 are busy smug-posting. Oh well, time for the Triglavian invasion. The skillpoint scandal will be forgotten. CCP probably shouldn’t be giving skillpoints away anyway.

1 Like

i was online every day, but only 13 days were counted, so i dont got the last Prices,

did u guys thought About different time Locations?

i was online every day, but it seems on some of the daytime the System dont Count it as daylogin
the entry in the game…

i was online as the last day runned out was thinking i could get it, waited 24hours and … Nothing… so i lost not even 2 not counted days but the 13th reward to… great dissapointment, i was online every day, and the daytime was not everytime counted, seems CCP didnt look About when a day start in a Country and when not, i was thinking the timer starts in the moring and Ends in the evening in reality it starts mid day and Ends there but i noticed the difference in day to late…

I liked the UI buttons thanks.

I Missed the last few , as I returned after a few years absence & upgraded to omega. Nice gesture but somewhat pedantic and inflexible, was looking foward to the last SP’s . Bit peethed, if you are giving it away perhaps just give without inflexible conditions.

1 Like

In previous events, like the one from Christmas, you had to log in for consecutive days to get the rewards.

This isnt the first daily login event.
And they sent a mail for that one too. So you really have no excuse.

Funny, no one was complaining about this back then, and everyone understood how it worked from the get go.

Only royally entitled players like you could complain about getting free gifts from CCP and turn it into a violation of the Geneva convention or something.

Thing is, we players who have been regularly logged and active, new this event was coming. We didnt need to rely on an email to realize what it was.

I guess it’s another way for CCP to say thank you for being a loyal, continued, and active customer.

And to everyone else who werent, who only come back or log in or care about eve when big celebrations like this happens, well, too bad for you.

I suppose being a regular player has its perks. Maybe you should try it out sometime.

1 Like

same for me and i lost alot more days, i started with an pluss on days and ended with 3 to less, cuz u didnt know when the Timer resets… and if he resets if u stay online…

guess what i logged in every day, and i only got 13 Days to reclaim, now tell me why i was online every day and only could catsch 13 Days ?

1 Like

Please accept that I am ignorant here, not trolling - what email are you referring to? I only found out about this event when I checked the dev blogs after it had started. You couldn’t miss it once you logged in to Eve (obviously). Was there really an email that I missed?

its like not doing something “Christmasy” for all 12 days only to be told you aint getting your present because you missed lords leaping . cmon CCP harsh

It was.

The event ran until downtime on the 20th.

Actually, factually wrong here.

May 2nd = 1st reward.
3rd = 2nd reward.
4th = 3rd reward.
5th = 4th reward.
6th = 5th reward.
7th = 6th
8th = 7th
9th =8th
10th = 9
11th = 10
12th = 11
13th = 12
14th = 13
15th = 14
16th = 15
17th = 16
18th = 17
19th = 18

So yes, 18 days, not counting the 20th.

I know math is hard, but calendars are also hard.

There were tons of warnings for the people who played regularly.

Maybe it pays to be a regular customer?

Yeah, people who are entitled, act like they are entitled. I’m right with you, it’s absolutely terrible.

The rewards reset every 24 hours, on downtime.

24 hours is 24 hours, anywhere on the planet.

Downtime in eve is the same time, for everyone, anywhere on the planet.

If you logged in at 10 PM, your local time, and again at 2 am, 4 hours later, yes, for you it’s the next day. But in this case, it’s you who didnt think about different Time locations.

2 Likes

Were those logins, 24 hours apart?

If you logged in at 10 PM, then again at 2 am, 4 hours later, that doesnt count, because they reset at downtime.

And CCP told you it began on downtime on may 2nd.

Not at 12:01 am, your local time.

At downtime.

So if you logged in, 16 times, each time 24 hours apart, and you clicked “claim” but it wouldnt get recorded, then you’ve got a bug, and a legitimate case on your hand.

But if you counted a login, at 10 PM, and another login 4 hours later at 2 am as 2 logins, then no.