Eventually you will be able to buy an alt with the skills it needs within *minutes*!

You’re generalizing too much.

He bought manpower, not an in-game advantage.
Without the men, he could not have attempted winning, which he didn’t anyway.

Your logic applies to most things one can buy.

Examples of pay2win using your logic:

• A battleship to win level4 missions by default.
  • Faction/Pirate/Gimmick** implants
  • Boosters
  • Paying mercenaries to remove the structure of a rivaling corp.

**(like Shaqil’s Speed Enhancer, +8% velocity)

I’m sure you’ll see how you’re being way too general.

“Pay2Win” is when someone pays real life money to buy stats improvements which help him winning. Buying a battleship for lvl4 missions is more equal to buying a stats advantage than buying manpower is, but apparently doesn’t count because people pay in ISK.

The Money-PLEX-ISK conversion process could be considered pay2win, but then the game would have been pay2win since PLEX (or even RMT stores), rendering this conversation and all the thoughts and complaints about pay2win in EVE completely and utterly pointless.

I don’t understand how your “oops” has any base, unless you wish to consider that “pay2win” is a meaningless term everyone can just define however he pleases (like you’re doing in your last post, kind of) … but that lack of rationality leaves no sane ground for a conversation.

I understand you don’t. That’s why I’m steering away from the discussion you seek. But let’s keep it light hearted. I made a drawing, sort of. Instant meals were the inspiration.
Instant-PiLOTS-1

I can tell you what I would pay for. The same thing I’ve been requesting for at least the last decade.

The ability to start a character with no preloaded skills. It’s so annoying to see skills on my skill sheet that are so out of place. Like mining on a combat character or hauler alt. Or gunnery skills on a builder or miner alt. And it’s even worse these days with a couple of dozen random skills thrown at a starter character. It’s ugly and I don’t like it.

Just take my $10 and give me a clean slate to start with, please.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I appreciate a troll post when done right
no, you ain’t going to get a like from me :smiley:

That’s a strange way of saying Sol alts.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

How much does that skill package cost? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

THAT’s what new players want

I’d rather this problem solved with granular subscriptions like a 24 hour omega pass rather than a 30day omega. The training is never the problem since it’s one-and-done, it is the sporadic use case for specific types of alt that creates the issue, ie, paying a 30 day just to make one cyno, or one haul, or one covops cloak run someplace etc.

MMM looks tasty

4 Likes

1 Like

Skill injectors and FTP are what destroyed eve online. Its already a Pay 2 Win Bot Army feast…

Nope. It is a fact. The character bazaar existed prior to injectors. The idea it was created to eventually justify injectors is completely laughable. Just stop with this dopey line of argumentation.

Yes it is. So why did you come up with it? To win an argument on an internet forum? Because I certainly didn’t say anything like that. Or maybe you just can’t read.

I said that the character bazaar was used to justify skill extractors when they came out. It’s all in the forum posts and even the dev blog, where Rise specifically told a story about his kil2 character he bought and if only he could have had the option to buy SP instead.

And it goes on and on, one thing justifies the next and now they sell SP directly, and even rent SP in the shop. So what has this all still to do with the stupid clunky character bazaar?

The character bazaar was introduced to prevent trading of characters outside CCPs control. Like PLEX was introduced to prevent gold sellers. It was a necessary evil, legalize and regulate to keep control.

This all stands in S.T.A.R.K.! contrast to simply over the top monetizing every single thing in this game. So how on earth can you still say “but character bazaar”??

4 Likes

You strongly implied buying SP was not possible until injectors that it was not possible to “catch up”. That is wrong. Hence my post. There has been a way to catch up for just about anyone with a fat enough RL wallet. Granted, maybe injectors has made it even easier…but meh…

a catch-up discussion in a game with all skills capped at 5 is kind of strange. everyone can catch up easily, no one - imho - needs all skills. you stop when your toon can do what he is designed for

1 Like

Its based on the idea that they cant “compete” with others.

Competing in EvE is a hiding to nothing.

Freedom is forgetting about what anyone else has.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.