Eveonline 2019 npc ventures use 5 lasers instead of 2 like the rest of us

Shhh we all know you are hunting alpha miners in high sec

Like I said before. :slight_smile:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/78489061/ what’s this ship I haven’t seen it before

Is exploring more profitable or the thing people call gas harvesting

That’s a Kikimora. It’s one of the newer Triglavian ships that were introduced last year. It is part of the currently on-going Triglavian Invasion era. Along with the Kikimora class Destroyer, we also have several other ships, such as a the Rodiva (Repairing Cruiser) and the Zarmazd (Logistics Cruiser), the Damavik (Triglavian Frigate) and it’s T2 cousin, the Nergal (Triglavian Assault Frigate).

There are a bunch more Triglavian ships, including a Battlecruiser, Battleship, and even a Command Destroyer. We actually have more coming down the line, including a Triglavian Dreadnought, which I believe is called the Xordazh.

Here’s a link to the Developer Blog that explains that Kikimora and what they expect for the ship to do.

Some background information about Triglavians

Both are fairly profitable, but both are a bit hit or miss and difficult to measure consistently.

Gas Harvesting will be great if you manage to find a nice wormhole that offers valuable gas. There are plenty of guides online, including one from EVE University that will help you with the specifics. But generally, whether or not you can harvest gas depends in you being able to find the wormhole with said harvestable gas in the first place. Then comes the effort of getting it back out to a Market hub safely.

Exploring is a bit more reliable in that you can find Data and Relic sites a bit more reliably in both Kspace and Jspace (Wormholes). They’re also fairly accessible by most players. The biggest thing with exploration is that the contents of the cans are randomized. Sometimes successfully hacking a can will get you a bounty of several Intact Armor Plates (a very high value salvage that’s found in Blood Raider and Sansha space) worth 40-50m or more. Other times, a can may just be empty.

So to answer your question, I would suggest Exploration as more “profitable”, mostly due to it being a bit more reliable compared to gas huffing, though I know many people who’ve made plenty a fortune by dedicating time to finding valuable wormhole gases.

PURGE THE HERETICS FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

ooo
thanks I will give exploration a go next

1 Like

Good luck, man. o7

cya my dood

Well, this is not how NPC miners work, kid.

1 Like

You’re free to continue being wrong, but sure.

The NPC miners may run away but now the belt is covered in hostile combat ships that have nothing better to do than to prevent you from being there. And once your ship is released from its miserable existence, the miners come back but now with the protection fleet on grid. And next time you are red to the NPC miners from the start and the protection fleet comes in right away when you land on grid. But that’s totally wrong, naturally.

It’s better to work with these NPC miners, improve your standing with their corps and factions and use them as protection against gankers. If you get yourself an alt account, you can even trigger the defense spawn to be there for additional fun.

Oh look at that, you admit they run away when shot. Cool, glad we agree here. :slight_smile:

Ah, selective quoting. Always a fun activity.

You’ll note that all I said was “You can chase them off by shooting them once and they’ll run away. Now you’ve got the whole belt for yourself.” Which is how NPC miners work.

Even you yourself agreed with it. If you want to talk about the downstream reprecussions, feel free. But don’t claim something works the way it is explained (NPC miners run away when shot at) isn’t how it works just because there are more things that happen after the fact.

:slight_smile:

That is not how NPC miners work since the defense fleet arrives in the belt when you attack the miners or hauler. Having a defense fleet on grid is not “have the belt for yourself”. I did not agree to anything you said in that regard. :slight_smile:

So are you saying that NPC miners stay on grid even after being shot at?

If you’re so confident in that claim, would you be willing to bet some ISK on that claim?

You seem to have great difficulty reading. Let me help.

Now that wasn’t too hard, was it? :slight_smile:

I did not say they stay on grid. I say that you do not have the belt for yourself.

And then the miners come back and the spiel starts again. This time, however, you are probably red to the miners so you don’t even have to shoot them to trigger the defense spawn. Great idea.