Eyes on Pochven

Vale

Managed to end up in Vale, this is a system that has made it’s appearances in the news frequently and has been a system of great concern ever since it came under occupation by the Trigs due to it being home to three temperate worlds that are fully developed, this ain’t some backwater from what I’m told. This is a massive population center, and while there have been efforts by the Federation and independent Capsuleers, reportedly there’s still million upon millions of colonists still trapped in this system.

Stations

• Vale II - Moon 1 - Veles Clade Extractive Terminus

Another one of these “Extractive Terminus” stations. Formerly these use to be one of Material Acquisition’s mining outposts in this neck of the woods. So home to a variety of space and equipment for ore reprocessing and metal refining. Despite natural belts in these systems from just…Vanishing more or less. There can be some anomalies around Pochven that are home to some of the mutated ore the Triglavian’s invasions has caused.

Can’t say I’ve actually seen the Trigs mine…

• Vale VI - Moon 2 - Veles Clade Semiosis theater

A Semiosis theater much like the one back in Nani. Unlike that one, this one is exclusive to the Veles Clade. Former the station used to belong to Chemical Tech as a research center. Admittedly it’s a bit lost on me how this station was repurposed as another one of these theaters, as I’m led to believe these are used as diplomatic centers among the Clades. Given that this system is a jump out from Veles’ new capital of Archee, I can assume this is just where the other Clades go to when they got something to say to the Veles directly, or for internal disputes.

• Vale - Structure 9566284.

• Vale - Long way down

The system has two citadels that were open to me belonging to the “Pew Bears” corporation, Wither or not they’re freeports I will not confirm, but given how I’ve had zero contact with this corporation, I’m going to assume they’re open to the public that’s not on a bad page with them. Only “Long Way Down” offers any kind of service in the form of a clone bay, but I recall hearing these services don’t function as optimally in Pochven conditions.

I won’t say much on it as I myself am not all too familiar on the story, but Pew Bears from my understanding does have some ties with the collective, but again - don’t know the full story so I’ll refrain from saying more.

Planets

Vale IV

Alright, time for what got me interested, the temperate worlds. As stated before this system is home to some fully developed colonies. I was here before during the Invasion, I was helping out a retired Capsuleer living out here who wanted some orbital shots of the planet he was on to get a read on how bad the situation was.

I remember seeing colony lights all over the darkside of the world before it was dragged under into Pochven, and I’m being generous saying that as it was more just small pockets of light scattered about. I was told that this wasn’t normal, that before it was far more lively…

It’s not doing much better.

• Vale II

• Vale IV

• Vale V

Nothing… Absolutely nothing.

Actually made me feel something, grim. I chalked up the past systems as being just less densely populated systems, but this… I was told there was much more here. Entire mega cities even full to to the brim and even as I try to scout out these planets I can’t even spot a damn semblance of life on this world. No signals from any colony planet side and genuinely it just looks like some dead rock…

Not much more for me to say really… I’m gonna list off the small pictures of the other planets in systems, again so I can keep track of the conditions all these worlds are in.

• Vale I

• Vale III

• Vale VI

Cat gate

I don’t have a jammed gallente stargate on file yet, so I made sure to grab a picture of the gate that previously lead to the system of Cat.

Once again, the gate looks utterly fine and in one piece… It’s just this damn crystal that’s the problem and it Looks possible to remove it, how I’m still very much clueless about. I’m almost positive this is something that can be removed and is not at all permanent.

All i have for now, Will report in another time.

4 Likes

Ignebaener Star

So this isn’t anything like a full report from my previous posts, Just a casual dip back into Pochven to test something with proximity filaments. While I wait for my ship to stabilize to handle using an exit filament, I couldn’t help but take notice at the activity of the star of the Ignebaener system.

I recorded two and a half minutes worth of footage of the star to show here for context, I’m no expert in this subject so publicly I’m hoping someone more knowledgeable to can come forth to add their commentary on it. I"m hopping closer examination of the star can give more insight on what exactly it’s going though, the extent of the damage and maybe some theories on if it’s reversible.

I’ll get back into the swing of doing full reports soon. Hate to have left Ignebaener without doing a full investigation, just time didn’t allow me to look any deeper.

Sidenote: has anyone tried to locate an occupied system’s star in a adjacent system to see if it appears different from a distant?

3 Likes

It looks a lot like Kuharah did, Avio.

1 Like

Got any theories or factual conclusions then of what’s going on inside these stars then? Are these stars actually dying? Because… Certainly look like it.

Again, I’m not the expert here, I’m gonna let the more knowledge people say what’s going on here and not just toss whatever I feel is happening.

Well, they’re probably not “dying” in the sense of burning out within our lifetimes, Avio. But, they’re being harvested for sure. I don’t think it’s clear whether they’d go back to how they were if the Collective’s stellar transmuters were removed. I think EdenCOM did capture one during the war, and I’m sure it’s being studied, but there’s no word yet as far as I know.

Probably if it weren’t for those systems, the stars would recover at least somewhat. Maybe they’d go back to almost exactly how they were, luminosity reduced by like 0.01% or something, lifespan maybe shortened by just a hundred thousand years.

Maybe.

Either way, it’s probably not just industrial effects that we’re seeing. The Triglavians have isolated Pochven, but it should be obvious to anyone taking a short flight through any of those systems that they’re not very secure. Drifters, to name one standout example, are operating freely, and they DO have their doomsdays active. The Triglavians are probably going to want to put a stop to that.

A thing to keep an eye out for is signs that Pochven’s … “wells” … I guess? Are getting deeper-- that they’re slipping out of the world as we understand it and towards true Abyssal deadspace, which would suppress Drifter capabilities. We know the precursor chemicals for deathglow form in a sort of intermediate zone, so, I guess, maybe see if those start becoming commonplace or something? Maybe there wouldn’t be time for those to form, but anyway if it is happening it seems like stuff could get really strange in there.

2 Likes

You think the current health of the star is what’s causing the the current deformation of some of the planets in these systems?

It’s a dumb question, i know - Of course this is damaging the ecosystems of these worlds, temperate worlds specifically. Yet in alot of the systems I visit that have either lava or plasma worlds, the surface of the planets seem to be smothered in soot or something… I compare them to worlds in K-space and see more lively firey worlds, but in Pochven, these planets have very few and faint pockets of lava or plasma left.

I wanna say barren worlds are facing their own problems with a bunch of redish scars running alongside the planet’s surface… Not sure how to connect the sun to that, could be something the Trigs themselves are doing.

Ice worlds also appear to be having some deformities in that I’ve yet to see one Ice world in pocvhen that doesn’t looked ‘stessed’. Wrinkles, cracks and bumpy texture. I can still find these worlds In K-Space, but I can also find ice worlds that looks smooth to the touch. In Pocvhen, every ice world has signs of stress

I think with time these systems will look like the starscape inside abyss. My theory is the systems in Abyss were the battlegrounds of Triglavians, that there was a big war between clades times ago. The cosmic scale war. Stars trembled while moons imploded, and then it all went downhill from there… environmentally.

1 Like

I think it’s hard to say much with certainty right now, Avio. What you’re describing could be some side effect of a planet collecting or manifesting exotic matter as it slips into deep deadspace, or it could be something more directly related to stellar conditions, or it could be planetary mutaplasmids or other bioengineering at work. What we can say with some certainty is that the Collective is shaping its new territories to suit it. What the Triglavians are doing goes so far past terraforming it probably needs a whole new word to describe it. (Solarforming? Existentiforming? Realiforming?)

Of course, for now there’s not much we can do but watch and learn what we can.

3 Likes

Got any ideas on any kind of experiments I could run next time I go visiting Pochven? Not really getting much information out of the place just jumping in and looking at stuff.

Experiments? As a capsuleer? Ah-- hm. Well, I won’t say it’s impossible, Avio, but I’m definitely the wrong person to ask about it.

At most I’m a keenly-interested dabbler, the kind of person who goes to scientific talks and provides a little help here and there, but real research isn’t really something I have the gift or patience for. I love speculating, but I’m not long on rigor. Mind like a kite blown around on the wind, tethered to the ground with a thread. If I were a little less-willing to admit fault I’d probably be a babbling fountain of horrid conspiracy theories and such.

You might want to speak with some of ARC’s people, though. The research side of things has been a little quiet for a bit, but I’m sure there’s work to be done. At least, I hope so.

1 Like

27 new Null Sectors, even more empty and deserted than the lowest populated region of normal null space, excellent content.

ARC? Haven’t worked with them in what feels like years. And now that you mention it, can’t say I’ve heard much from them of late. Figured this whole Triglavian crisis would be a never ending field trip for them…

Got any names of people I could approach? Dunno if Makoto is still heavily Invovled so not sure who to hit up.

1 Like

Haria Haritimado is kind of the main coordinator for research stuff at the moment I think. I’d contact her.

3 Likes

Krirald

Krirald Star

Been awhile since I filled out a report on one of the occupied systems in Pochven. Mustered up the energy and motivation to dip back into the region and this time landed in the system of Krirald. To my suprise, this was formally apart of the Minmatar Republic’s Metropolis region. For awhile now I could had sworn Skarkon was the only system in Republic influence that was lost to the Triglavians. however, Here I was in another Republic system I was unfamiliar with.

Matters not.

Stations

Krirald IX - Moon 1 - Perun Clade Semiosis Theater

Formally a Nugoeihuvi Corporation Development Studio prior to Trig occupation, This station has been converted into a Semiosis theater for the Perun Clade… Fitting to be honest. If these Theaters are suppose to act as some cultural hub for the Collective, then it’s very fitting that a former studio of NOH gets converted into one.

This station could very well end up being a propaganda mill for the Perun Clade given the amount of equipment and studio space this station provides. Which, I feel like the Triglavians could use… Despite Kybernuat sympathizers swearing about how technologically advanced the Collective is compared to native factions of New Eden, these Trigs seem incapable of recording any kind of footage in shotty quality and horrific sound quality.

I’m curious if having a ■■■■■■■ chainsaw going off at the start of their videos is intended or not. I’m hoping it’s the latter and they put the facilities here to good use to step up their propoganda game.

Krirald VII - Moon 11 - Perun Clade Proving Complex

Formerly a Republic Parliament Bureau… Not sure exactly this was converted into a proving complex. What makes it harder for me to determine it’s function is that I"m not gonna sit here and pretend I understand Republic bureaucracy.

Maybe this is a training ground for Collective bureaucrats, then again the Collective doesn’t seem like the type to really have bureaucrats to begin with… Then again, now with a new population to take into consideration, the station might provide facilities to manage administration tasks of their new territories.

Krirlad VII - Moon 14 - Perun Clade Mutaplasmid Farm

0.9 A.U away from the Proving Complex, This once Republic Fleet Assembly Plant, has been converted into a mutaplasmid Farm. Much like Republic Bureaucracy, I’m not really an expert in what Mutaplasmid farming is, but from what brief info CONCORD can provide, it’s a place to cultivate mutaplasmids to harvest and use in their tech… or people.

Not sure how much of the original facility remains, knowing this use to be a Republic fleet factory, this place very well could had some top of the line military-grade equipment for ship production. Acting as a contributing factor to the Perun Clade’s fleet production.

Planets

No temperate world here. Won’t stop me from listing off all the worlds.

Krirald I

Krirald II

Krirald III

Krirald IV

Krirald V

Krirald VI

Krirald VII

Krirald VIII

Krirald IX

Krirlad X

Gates

Arifsdald Gate

Arwa Gate

Durdreda Gate

Ansen Gate

So first time i managed to gain photos of gates of Matari design jammed. And So far I wanna say my theory on these effects being reversible still hold true. The gates don’t show any signs of actual damage being done to them And with these gates the crystal used to jam them is extremely small and off center. If we can figure out how to remove them, we’ll be on track to getting these gates back online.

That’s it for now. Will report back in another time.

3 Likes

It’s like any other bureaucracy. But with rust and violence.

1 Like

Yea, Krirald was the very last system to be taken, which probably spared the Gallente the loss of one of their systems in Solitude. It’s also where the Triglavians swarmed into Bei via wormhole some time ago. Not nearly as often as Jita’s immediate vicinity these days, but it can happen.

1 Like

Indeed; EDENCOM cannot even defend their own victory systems. Why are we still part of it, I have no idea; tribal forces would be better off with their hands not tied in the red tape.

4 Likes

Probably to keep an eye on what the Ammatar in charge is up to.

1 Like

This is like saying: Why are Trigs still part of clades, when they cant defend their own systems from drifters and rogue drones. It all seems to be a part of life for all. Constant fighting…

Maybe if the wormholes appearing could be somehow controlled…

I am starting to develop wormhole inhibitor and I need all the data on the wormhole generators now.

Um, no, it’s not? Clades are more like the nation states, EDENCOM is the Convocation they formed to steal our stars. Once the invasion was over, the Clades went back to their separate Krais. Each Triglavian system defends against Edencom on their own, with all Triglavian forces in it hostile to all who enter and are not in their good books. There are no Clade forces just sitting it out.

On the k-space side, this has not happened: Republic Fleet forces give Triglavians a free pass, on account of it being an EDENCOM job to defend against them, which EDENCOM then does not do. This is ridiculous.