Faction Relic/Data Modules

You assuming that market will stabilize at some point, it won’t because of the anemic drop ratio. Supply won’t reach demand. CCP waiting till market dry off and I assume will reduce the amount needed to build that module by one zero. It will reduce the price of zeugma at start but will reach equlibrium at some point after.

1 Like

why do you assume that supply can’t increase ?

How do you all these threads get hijacked and off topic constantly? I want CCP to look into the pricing/requirements to the analyzers due to their cost, the only class vessel that costs more than the analyzer is the stratios for active exploration. It does not make sense as to why these items are so far out of the ball park for Covert Ops, and Astero Pilots. When compared to their cost effectiveness in using them. They did this with the SAAR and I destroyed that market, so now I want them to destroy this one allowing more people to use them.

1 Like

Every thread, on these forums in regards to anything that effects the market, or changes to eve you have three types of people.

1. The economist who is investing in these products and won’t admit it but any change would devastate their investment, so they are counter productive to the thread itself.

2. The individuals who think that because you take issue, have a complaint or would like to see a change, that some how they speak for CCP and tell you, “Just because you have this problem, doesn’t mean CCP should change it. Do this that or the other thing” (This is by far the most common, and to be honest ISD’s and GM’s should ban people that constantly do this, as they are going off topic and harassing people.

3. The individuals who are actually looking to have a conversation, weigh pro’s/con’s what effects it would have, does the pro’s out weigh the cons, what would it do to the longevity of the items/ships/ etc.

I’ve been incredibly clear, and respectful that I would like CCP to discuss this themselves, not 1, and 2 coming into our threads disrupting them and trying to paint with a negative brush in hopes to overshadow the actual conversation being held, in an attempt to advert CCP’s attention from the original post in hopes that nothing changes.

Eve online changes, get over it.

2 Likes

If you increase the supply of materials they will lost their value (for example multiply drops). Currently supply can’t increase, because there is finite number of data sites across the cluster and they are droping very low amount of needed mats. Problem is module require bulk of them. So single amount material still don’t worth work for. Idealy would be to drain market to increase value of that single amount of material without changing the drops. So for example 3x100 current materials are worth 100 mil, after change 3x10 materials are worth the same 100 mil so single 1 worth more. Draining the market is going to slow IMO, on the other side there are materials for 260 modules on the market in sell orders.

1 Like

What makes you affirm people can’t farm MORE data sites ?
What makes the production limited ? If the items can drop from any data site in null( IIRC this is the case), then people CAN farm more sites.

Because they are not infinite. There is a certain amount of sites per region. It’s not working the way you think. BTW if site drop 3 mats average and you need 300 that a lot’s of sites to do for one module :wink:

1 Like

ok, what makes you think we are already at the maximum of what explorers can do ?

I mean, when I do exploration, I open everything but most of the time I just skip the data sites.
People something just scan the cans and open/fail them twice for the purpose of making the site respawn with possiblty better loots.

Sometimes when I scanned I saw data sites that would remain for hours. In that regard, there definitely is room for supply.

From my example above single explorer would have to do 100 sites to gather the mats for one module. That’s why I know. To compare I have to do 2 ghost sites to have enough wheels to craft one implant. CCP started requirements for this module at 1000 of adequate material now they need 100. The amount that drop from site did change since.

1 Like

You don’t address my point : people have room to supply more, meaning if the price rises enough people will start to search for them.

To some degree yes, they will provide what they can, but I think CCP want the materials to have more value hence they don’t drop as fast to cover the need of BPC. Which is good tactic but it will take time, it was wrong decision from the start they should introduce new types of item instead using old ones.

Storyline items are trash mostly, I never in my explorer carrier had loot all materials needed to craft most of those, they just too rare, people don’t know how to value them and most modules are not worth it to produce anyway. From a pvp perspecitve most of them are overpriced, from pve they don’t provide bonuses good enough to fit them + price obviously.

1 Like

you can’t loot the materials if you dont spend time in the cosmos missions.

Thread cleaned. Please stay on topic and do not insult other forum users.

1 Like

it’s already such an asinine topic that the thread topic has shifted organically to a game of insults and derailment. insulting this guy should be considered a game mechanic for others who want to beat him on the market (which seems to be working)

Most threads on this forum degenerate into name-calling and a debate on semantics. Keeps things spicy.

2 Likes

Not a big loss in this thread. Its a rare, niche item which is obviously horribly overpriced for what it does. And andersen made a perfect point. Its not that supply is low, its just even with the current prices noone bothers. Data sites need something sparkling in them to attract xplorers, like T2 salvage and BPC in relic sites. Do we have something like that in data? (that was a rethorical question :slight_smile: )

Is JonnyPew still making videos?

Ask him to make a video on the ”bountiful spoils” to be found in data sites to make these Zeugma doodahs.

Wait a couple months, that should drop the price nicely as the sheep pile in on running data sites again.

2 Likes

Funny side note on these Zeugma Integrated Analyzers. I have 3, that I dont use, and the BPO to make 5 more. But to be honest I cant see where the cost makes it worth putting on most of my exploration ships. Because I believe in cost per run. My average exploration ship cost is less than 20mil. I can make 3times that in a single run into low sec, and 5 times that into null. I am not looking for big wins from every site, I know some are going to be a bust. I also will not pass up any site I pass. Even in high sec. Heck a week ago I pulled 80mil from ONE relic site in a 0.7 system.

My biggest issue with any of my runs is cargo space. I take EVERYTHING even the carbon… it comes in handy for other things.

2 Likes

A man after my own heart :slight_smile: but whats the use of carbon, im curious here :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I warp into a site, and drop a carbon at the warp in point. This way anyone who warps in cloaked gets Decloaked as soon as they hit the site.

Gives me a bit of a warning before some one in an astero or startios tries to gank you.

2 Likes